“Excellent dogs with tons of free extras”
Review of The Dog House - CLOSED

The Dog House
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Excellent dogs with tons of free extras”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The price is great, location is 2 block from beach. Several kinds of dogs with all the fixings you can imagine and some you have not thought of.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank FoodyOnTheGo

San Diego
“Great Food, Service & Personality at The Dog House Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I am a huge fan of both sit down venues and the walk-up style food vendor establishments. From the moment I walked up to the Dog House, I was treated like a friend. The staff member - I want to say Anna - took my order without rushing me and chatted with me while she expertly prepared my food. I was offered choices of extras and condiments...while we talked about Vallarta and The Dog House.

The dog I got was INCREDIBLE. I was sad I didn't try the Dog House until my last night in PV; but I do know where I can find some great dogs for next time! She took my picture and I was later tagged on facebook - with my advance permission, which I thought was a nice touch.

Thanks and Kudos to The Dog House. I really enjoyed the experience!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dale D
“Hot Diggity!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

It seems as if the hot dog craze that has taken over the US this past year has found its way to Puerto Vallarta. The Dog House does a terrific job of serving up fresh foot-long, all beef dogs with every topping you'd expect to see at any US ballpark: chopped onions, pickles, relish, sauerkraut, and mustard, but throws in some local flavors as well like chipotle and habanero sauces. The pickles and sauerkraut are both house-made, too! I opted for something I'd seen served as street food for years in Mexico but never had any interest in trying before: a hot dog wrapped in bacon; it seemed a nice compromise between local and familiar comfort food. It was delicious. The hot dog was moist and flavorful while the bacon was crispy and salty giving the sandwich a nice crunch with each bite. Besides the standard all-beef dog, they also offer homemade vegetarian dogs and Italian, chicken chipotle, and chorizo sausages, and bratwurst. Prices range from $3.00 to $4.00 before sides and add-ons. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank washwestcc
Seattle, WA
“Decent Hot Dog”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My son and I trekked from our condo to the new location on Pino Suarez by PVRPV. The 16 year old loves the double entendres of the decor. What teenager wouldn't? The hotdogs were grilled fresh and the bun was also very fresh. While hot dogs in Mexico are not my choice of lunch, my son was very happy and thought it was a great hot dog. I think they need to look at pricing, $40 pesos is pretty steep for a hot dog. I kept thinking about the 4 tacos pastor I could of had but a happy teenaged boy with a full tummy is worth the $40 pesos. Just a note, these hotdogs tasted like they were all beef and are double the size of the hot dogs you could get at the OXXO. We both like plain hotdogs. If you add toppings the price jumps to $55 pesos.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MandFMom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hotdog ever!!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm a hot dog lover from Los Angeles, Must say the dog house really have awesome dogs and great price! Analuisa the server was very nice and welcoming too!

1 Thank Fravic1968