“Paradise on the hill”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Seward, Nebraska
“Paradise on the hill”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

Where to even start? Everything about our experience at Casa Hortencias was top notch and better than we could have dreamed. Four friends decided on an adventure to celebrate a 40th birthday,. We choose Puerto Vallarta where we none of us had ever been before. We didn't want the resort thing, we wanted to be able to immerse ourselves in the culture and enjoy time with each other in a private setting. We found that and more here.

We were picked up from the airport by the delightful Ricardo. He had stocked the fridge with our requests and we had cold drinks when we arrived. What a relief to not have to venture to the store after a long day of traveling.

The house, it's hard to really put into words. Those pictures you see, myself I thought for sure they were staged to show the house in its best light. What a joy to see that is how it really is! Exquisite. Jeffery is an amazing decorator, and he takes great pride in his homes. Truly a great experience to open up your walls to the outside. We only used the AC when it was bedtime, and we were there in the rainy/humid season!

The rooftop pool area was a favorite of ours. We spent many hours staring at the beautiful view of Banderas Bay, floating in the pool, having drinks and composing synchronized swimming routines.

An absolute must is having Maria cook for you. She makes amazing margaritas and, of course, food! We had enough leftovers for two more meals! She was such a joy and even ordered a cake from a bakery for one of our birthdays. We made her sit and enjoy a piece with us and she entertained us with stories of people she had cooked for. Highly recommend and worth it!

Puerto Vallarta is a special place with such friendly and helpful people. Do come and visit. We are sure to come back.

Date of stay: October 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Nov 4, 2012
Ashley, Thank you so much for the nice review. We all try very hard to make sure our guests have a great vacation. Our success rate is very high, but we never mind seeing another glowing review. Thanks again for taking the time to post. Jeffery
Natalie S
York, Nebraska
“I want to give it more than 5 stars”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

This house was AMAZING. I can't begin to say enough about how the house was decorated, clean, comfortable. If I were a regular traveler this would be a place I would stay at all the time. We never saw the staff but when we left and came back everything was clean and in place. We left clothes out one day and they were washed and dried when we came back. Hiring the chef one night was the best idea EVER. We swam in the pool everyday, sometimes twice. We were even there late at night.

Date of stay: September 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing~~
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA

MN
Reviewed August 11, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Date of stay: March 2012
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
CA
Reviewed May 25, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: April 2012
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
May 25, 2012
Thanks so much for the nice review and including the photos. I always appreciate when people take the time to write such nice reviews for me and helpful reviews for future guests

Casa Hortencias is a very special home and has wonderful memories for me and for thousands of guests over the past 12 years.

Anyway, thanks again. Hope to see you again in the future.

Jeffery
Bremerton
Reviewed April 18, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Date of stay: April 2012
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing