“Mole to DIE for!”
Review of Mole Rosa - CLOSED

Mole Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: For those who love authentic Mexican gastronomy and wish to enjoy it while discovering beautiful Puerto Vallarta, Mole Rosa is undoubtedly the most recommended place. Among the most desirable Mexican traditional specialties you will undoubtedly love the specialty of the house: Mole.
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Mole to DIE for!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a wonderful restaurant! I recommend the Green but the Red is also a favorite... can you guess what root vegetable gives it the colour and sweet taste? This place is actually two different restaurants but side by side. Very clean and modern. Washrooms provided.

• Visited December 2012

Houston, Texas
“Holy Mole”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We ate at Mole Rosa as the first stop on our Vallarta Foods Tour tour. We sampled three chicken enchaladas, each with a different mole sauce -- green, pink, and brown. This was a great opportunity to taste and compare three different mole sauces which we had never done before. Not only was the chicken very tender and moist, but the sauces provided a nice range of tastes and heat. If you are not familiar with mole sauces, this is a great way to taste compare for future reference.

Visited December 2012
San Francisco
“Great food for a great price!!! Best bang for the buck (peso) in all of Puerto Vallarta.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I love this place. I'm tight with $$ and felt really good leaving this place after a very fine meal for a
very reasonable price. The owner was kind and gracious. Can't wait to return.

La Honda, California
“Flavors almost there”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I tried this first for lunch, then came back for dinner.
We had salad for lunch, and were served by a very friendly woman who I believe was one of the owners. We did sit for a while before we were attended to. There was a woman chain smoking in front of the next store over..we are non smokers and were sitting outside, and for 30 minutes, one right after another this woman smoked and smoked. This is no fault of Mole Rosas but it was not enjoyable for us. The lettuce was fresh, but not ice cold or really even chilled. The dressing was very good(I judge all restaurants who serve Caesar salad, if they can do it well, it usually is a good start). However, and this is a pet peeve of mine, I truly dislike it when they leave the leaves whole, and this is how it was presented to me. I believe lettuce in a salad should be either torn or cut up, and any restaurant that does not gets dinged in my book for not doing it, but if the dressing is good, I will tend to forgive a little. It was in this case, so I gave them a pass, but not for the warm lettuce.
We came back the following evening, and had queso fundido. Bland..I give it a meh!
However, the mole rosa was really, really good. It was all that and a bag of chips, and for that we would come back. Overall, I think they show a lot of promise,and we will be back in April looking forward to all that PV has to offer.

• Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious pink mole enchiladas”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went to mole rosa 2 weeks ago, I love pink mole enchiladas, chile relleno as well. Prices are a litle high especially because they don't serve chile relleno with anything if you order a side of rice or beans has a extra charge almost the same as a regular dish I think that is not correct especially because they are in Mexico when almost all Mexican restaurants serve their food whit rice,beans or salad.Also you have to be very careful when you eat ,because you can only have 1 pice of napkin for person I understen that we have to save paper but I think is an exaggerated.

• Visited August 2012