“Romantic, Great Food,Excellent service”
Review of Cuale Paradise

Cuale Paradise
Ranked #57 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Delicious and authentic Mexican food in an ideal location on the banks of the river Cuale, Deliciosa y autentica comida Mexicana en un lugar ideal a la orilla del rio cuale
Gresham, Oregon
“Romantic, Great Food,Excellent service”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Far off the "strolling to dinner" route, you'll need to cab it, or ride the Paso Ancho bus. Another reviewer mentioned the ride out through the colonia was slightly frightening, as you go through a medium drive, winding over a bumpy road with no destination in sight. Nothing to fear! Most if not all cab drivers know exactly where to go. Cab ride from Old Town was 50 peso. Our arrival was greeted by staff, and we were the 1st diners that night, as the had just opened for the day. Our 1st drinks were complimentary, and our server was a delightful young man. Food was ordered, and was quickly prepared and served. Of course, we tried the Tortilla Soup, for our own self guided inquiry to the best Tortilla soup. The Chicken fajitas were great, but could have benefitted from a little more chicken, for my preferences. We attracted the restaurant cat, "Gordo Gato", and she politely took little bites from us, but was not pushy or insistant in any way. Complementry tequila shots before dinner, and after dessert. The wooden walkway out over the river and to the island is gone...a result of all the rain previous to our visit. It will be rebuilt soon. Louis, the young server, lit a double line of candles on the remainder of the walkway. It's still romantic! We will return, and recommend Cuale Paradise highly.

• Visited January 2014

Madison, Wisconsin
“Make a memory!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This is probably the most romantic restaurant I have ever been to for dinner. A MUST in Puerto Vallarta. The R4 bus will take you right there. No need for a cab. It has so much Mexican charm! Sitting down to eat in the middle of the river and listening to the rushing water is indescribable. I don't want to reveal too much. Make sure you try the Mexican coffee after your meal. You will make a special memory here.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank JamesR_8
“Why have I never gone here before?”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to PV for years, have seen pictures of Cuale Paradise and thought it might be worth a try, but it always seemed to be on the back burner. Then yesterday evening I heard a man in our condo lobby talking about the best mahi mahi he had ever had, in his entire life, he said, so I had to ask where.

We cancelled our reservation to NoWay Jose (and don't miss that one) and tonight ventured off to Cuale Paradise. Why, I asked myself, upon arrival, have I never been to this gem of a place before?

Just walking in you know this is a magical setting. A river runs through it, we chose a table on the island. The view was amazing, the ambience well worth the trip. The rush of the river over huge stones and bird cries provided the music.

We were greeted with welcoming drinks, passion fruit nectar, I think, and upon departure a tequila shot on the way to the taxi.

The food was amazingly good and the prices could fit anyone's budget, depending on what you order. I would go there for a cup of tea just to experience the environment, and yes the mahi mahi was wonderful.

The taxi is 50 pesos, so just go, and like me you may be more than pleasantly surprised.

The service was among the best I have ever experienced.

Visited February 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Wow Right on the Rivers Edge”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate here after hiking up from the old town. We followed the river and ended up here for drinks. We went back the next night for dinner. We were hot so we were able to cool off our feet in the river while sipping on our drinks. The atmosphere here is fabulous and the food as well. We had the stuffed mahi mahi and it was very good. The ambiance of this restaurant is one of the best in Vallarta.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank gayle6769
Detroit, Michigan
“wow”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was informed on the beach that this was a secret gem for dinning so without reservations 4 of us went there. The drive was a shot distance from Los Arcos . We arrived after sunset but low lightning and the sound of running river made it so romantic, mind you no reservations and dressed in shorts the owners welcomed us. A short time later, my sisters and other family arrived and since they had reservations and all dressed up were given a table next to us. What a surprise and what a night,no one knew we would meet up at this secret location.

• Visited March 2013