“One of the best kept secrets in Puerto Vallarta”
Review of Cuale Paradise

Cuale Paradise
Ranked #31 of 1,137 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Delicious and authentic Mexican food in an ideal location on the banks of the river Cuale, Deliciosa y autentica comida Mexicana en un lugar ideal a la orilla del rio cuale
Reviewed January 26, 2013

About ten years ago I was in a grocery store in old town. I was having trouble with my spanish, when Nick came to the rescue. He gave me his business card and invited my wife and I to his restaurant, Cuale Paradise. It is hard to find, but fun to drive with friends who have not been there. We go for a late relaxing lunch. The fun is very good and the family is very nice. I highly recommend both the food and the adventure!

3  Thank Htfshtfs

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I had been to Cuale Paradise in 2010 and I knew I wanted to go back. I took my Mother on a Wednesday night this year and we had the best time. The atmosphere is amazing! I have never been to any place like it. It is so beautiful along the Rio Caule. The food is great and the service is wonderful! The table sitting beside us was raving about it too. We also told some people who live in Puerto Vallarta that we went and they said they loved the restaurant and recommend it all of the time. Please don't miss this jewel!

1  Thank tnmaggie
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our taxi driver knew where this restaurant was, and it was a good thing. It is quite a drive. We drove through neighborhoods I had not yet visited, and then we finally arrived at a very charming restaurant right on a rushing (in December) river. It is indeed a romantic setting and the food was quite good. There was a good selection of menu items, including fish and seafood (even octopus). Service was personable and attentive. We had an interesting discussion with one of our waiters about fishing in the river. The walkway across the river was partially destroyed and so only goes a short way across the river and candles are lighted on this walkway at night, to add to the atmosphere. We arrived about a half an hour before sunset which was perfect for enjoying the setting before and after dark.

2  Thank SusanMcK
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our large group had dinner one night at Cale paradise , it was romantic and the food was excellent! Huge shrimp, red snapper and many in our group enjoyed the Spanish coffee show, a must. Right by the river. Don't be afraid of the drive, well worth it.

We also enjoyed The Happy Lobster. Again great food!

We ate one night at pipis and enjoyed that. Great margaritas and guacamole. Large servings. We celebrated one friends birthday and they made a big show of everything for her.

Maybe our favorite and the least expensive price but not lacking in quality at all was Victors in the marina. Victor greeted us personally and then had a free shot of tequilla with us. Actually we were given more than one free tequilla and after the meal we received free Khulna and cream. Great place.

2  Thank 2shirley
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I had the sea food salad - wow!!! The octopus was soooooo tender. Best dish in Puerta Vallarta so far! Best to get there an hour before dark to enjoy the river. When dark they light the river boardwalk with candles. Very romantic place. It's out of the way put worth the trip!

1  Thank JGodfreyIV