“NOW AMBER PUERTO VALLARTA. WOW”

Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #15 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 5, 2014

From the moment you arrive to the hotel Now Amber in Puerto Vallarta, you feel at home. Talk about customer service. Extraordinary, Excellent, Magnificent and wonderful. I would definitely go back to the hotel again. The quality of food was very good, great level of service, very friendly people. The hotel is beautiful and very elegant. It really doesn't matter if you stay at the Secrets or at the Now, they both offer a lot , and they both are incredibly beautiful. The view from the lobby its unique and incredible. I strongly recommended this hotel to anyone that wants a great experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
7  Thank Louis M
There are newer reviews for Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was the first time we had travelled to the Pacific Coast of Mexico following 6 previous holidays in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Now Amber is a 5 star hotel and it was the odd little things that proved it. Nothing was too much trouble, my daughter wanted French fries instead of mashed potatoes with her steak, no problem, we wanted our room cleaned in the morning instead of the afternoon, no problem, etc. The staff are incredibly attentive everywhere and we actually tipped more than we have done in previous hotels where tips ensured better service. The towels are laid out on the sun beds, of which there are plenty, so there was no worry about losing your towel card and paying $50 if it was misplaced. There were some young children but there is a separate pool for them and they didn't bother us at all. We also didn't get bothered by the timeshare people, an invitation was put on our door which we just ignored and that was it. The beach vendors have a roped off line that they are not meant to cross and although we were sat between the pool and the sea and had to walk through them to go in the sea, they were fine with a no, thank you.

The food in the 'proper restaurants' as opposed to the buffet is wonderful (and I am a fussy eater), the buffet in the evening is less impressive (but good quality still) in that it tries to be all things to all people and we only used it occasionally. The sea is a little rocky but no worse than Riviera Maya last year and it was very warm. We only saw one show as we stayed in the restaurants every evening, drinking wine and chatting, and missed them! It is the rainy season at the moment and we had a few overcast days but it was in the evening that we had some quite spectacular thunderstorms and so they weren't a big problem. I saw a few dolphins in the bay but apparently Dec-March is the time to go if you want to see lots of whales and dolphins at close quarters.

We did do some scuba diving but that is run by a franchise, if you have any queries about that, please message me directly or even if you have any other questions I will be happy to try and answer.

I would highly recommend this hotel, very impressive!

Room Tip: Above 3rd floor for a proper sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Vanya J
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We would stay at Now Amber again in a heartbeat! This was our first experience with an all-inclusive resort, and we certainly were not disappointed!

The incredible service began the moment we stepped off our shuttle from the airport and were greeted by a large group of resort staff kindly welcoming us with cold wet towels and champagne. Bell hops were right there to find out which luggage was ours so they could take it to our rooms for us.

Check-in was quick and easy. We did meet for about 10 minutes with a hotel rep in order to receive our $200 in coupons for "extra" hotel amenitites (spa, private dinners, "fancier" bottles of wine, etc), which we never did use. She tried to pursuade us to attend the vacation club presentation, which we passed on.

The only really negative experience we had with the resort occurred when we actually got to our room, which smelled very strongly of mildew. Within a half hour after speaking with someone at the front desk, we were set up in a new room on the top floor, which was beautiful and mildew-free. I will note that a couple days later, when friends of ours arrived, they were put in the same mildewy room and had a more difficult time moving into a new one.

The resort is gorgeous, particularly the lobby bar area and pool area. The pool area is huge, with about 3-4 pools (one with a nice swim-up bar!) and a whirlpool. We spent a ton of time by the pool, relaxing and taking part in the constant activities that were going on (blackjack/poker, crazy pool games, tequila tasting, etc). You could choose to be as involved or not involved as you pleased. There was always something to do! The pools were pristine, well-kept, and there were always servers around to bring you drinks. A couple buffets of food were set up poolside for you to grab whatever you wanted to eat during the day, along with a grill to-order. We had a couple very nice lunches poolside at Castaways as well.

We were a little disappointed with the beach area, which as some others have mentioned on here, is extremely rocky. It actually hurt my feet to go out into the water, so I did not stay in too long. The beach is also full of vendors who stand there all day long and are very aggressive, but there seems to be a clear line they can't cross to the chairs.

I was a little weary of the quality of food after hearing some reviews of other all-inclusive resorts, but this was not an issue at Now Amber. We had amazing dinners at the Italian, Japanese, and French (at Secrets) restaurants, as well as plenty of good options at Castaways and the Carnivale buffet. As with many buffets, some items were just "okay"...some were really good. The buffet did a Mexican night that was delicious!

Drinks were in abundance, although often, mixed drinks were not poured very strongly. Just ask for a double. Liquor brands were premium, with even more options at Secrets and the Preferred Club bar. Surprisingly, they give shots too! It was also fun to drink cervezas and water out of our room's mini bar and not get charged for it! There also was a cute coffee shop with many offerings and snacks throughout the day.

Nighttime was a little chill around the resort, which was fine by me. There was a show of some kind every night (Fire was our favorite) and live musicians in the lobby bar area. We did go to the nightclub one night, which was attractive, but there weren't too many people there.

We were able to book our excursions at the hotel through the AmFar/Apple rep, who gave us the same 3 for the price of 2 deal we saw on Vallarta Adventures' website (Las Caletas is a MUST!!!). Additionally, we were able to grab a 50 cent bus about a block away from the resort to take a fun trip downtown. It's quick, safe, and cheap!

The best compliment I can give is to the employees at Now Amber. The service was impeccable everywhere we went. The porters, restaurant servers, bartenders, concierge...these are the people responsible for making our experience at this beautiful resort as special as it was. Please remember to tip them if you are happy with their service. My understanding is that they receive very low wages, and these tips make a world of difference to them. Mostly, they truly deserve it!

Room Tip: Higher floors seemed more quiet with even nicer views. Stay away from 1953 - it has a mildew problem...
5  Thank VioletP756
Reviewed July 3, 2014

What's not to like about the NOW Amber Resort in Puerto Vallarta. I recently returned June 28th from a week of fun and relaxation. I traveled with my two daughters, ages 20 and 23. We loved this resort! Here's why....

Check in/Out-quick and efficient

Room- stayed in the Preferred Club Section, 4th floor with plenty of space, full bathroom with Jacuzzi and shower. Greatest amenity free calls to the US (land line, not cell) and 24 hour room service

Restaurants-three A La Cartes that we enjoyed, Capers (Italian), Tamarindo (Mexican), Himitsu Adults only with the Tepanyaki table

Pools/Beach-loved that there were plenty of chairs with towels rolled on each chair to indicate that it was available. Yes, no towel cards or even towel hut. Used towels were placed in a towel bin with several located throughout the pool/beach areas

Entertainment /Staff-loads of fun-filled activities during the day and evening. We enjoyed the beach and pool area with staff like Leonardo and Gustavo who kept the drinks coming. They were full of energy and very accommodating. Shout out to Senorita Irma, our Spanish instructor. She went out of her way daily to say hello while we were there. The evening shows were enjoyable also. We really loved the Fire and Pre-Historic Shows

Lastly-visit the Secrets next to the NOW to eat at the Bordeaux. The food was excellente! You will need a reservation and it's adults only but boy was that food goooooood!!!!!

7  Thank pljones
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My friend and i just came back from a short trip to PV. Since this is our first time in Mexico, we were so lucky to have booked this hotel. We simply couldn't believe the professionalism and energy of the staff. Everyone was beyond friendly and fun.
Special thanks to the Entertainment team!! Especially Jesus, I have never met anyone so genuine and multi-talented. There is simply nothing this man can't do! His amazing attitude and enthusiasm was brighter than the blazing sun of Mexico. Jesus! You're the best! You truly made us feel at home.
Rafael was also one of the sweetest guy ever. His bright and charming smile and up-lifting personality was nothing but a cherry on top to our trip. He was very attentive during all the activities and we always looked forward to seeing his big smily face all the time! It's contagious! :)
Irma simply hosted the best water aerobic class! We never failed to get the best workout with Irma leading the classes. Super fun. Truly a strong lady full of energy!
And last and not least, Ricardo...what a guy! This man defiantly knows how to charm a lady! Ricardo was fun and lively and he never failed to make us laugh and feel special.

Overall, our stay was simply beyond amazing. The staff definitely made it ever harder for us to say goodbye. We only came back from our trip yesterday and I miss it so much already. I will most definitely stay at Now Amber again!!!

4  Thank Silky C
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at Now Amber from June 9-16. My children are 16 and 20. There was something to do for every single one of us from morning til bedtime. We had adjoining rooms on the 5th floor and both rooms were spectacular with gorgeous views.
The staff was so accommodating. Our every need and expectation was met. Rubi our housekeeper was very attentive to our requests. Everyone there was a delight.
It was our kids first all inclusive experience and it will be hard to top when they travel elsewhere.
The beach volleyball games were great. Young and old were out there playing together. It was a great opportunity to meet people from other countries and bond.
Normally, after 7 days we are all ready to come home. Not this time. I cried the morning we had to leave. Every day was perfect and all the activities were so fun to be a part of.
We look forward to coming back.

5  Thank LauraSchueddig
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My best friend and I decided to take a trip to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We had several resorts that we were looking at, but I am SO incredibly happy that we chose the Now Amber in Puerto Vallarta! It was a beautifullllll resort with gorgeous rooms (clean and well-kept), excellent food (5 different restaurants and unlimited and really good room service), and a beautiful resort with lots to do (we got massages, sang at a Karaoke night, watched the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen, drank delicious drinks at the pool, etc.....).

Everyone working at the resort was super helpful and friendly. We especially appreciated Rosa who greeted us every morning in the buffet (such a sweet girl and always so helpful), and Atef (he worked over in the Preferred building and talked with us about the Unlimited Vacation Club, which we were actually very curious to learn about - we DID end up purchasing the club membership so Atef was vital in this process :D).

The only downsides to this entire resort was that the floors were very slippery when they were wet (and they are often wet due to summer rain and swimmers walking through the lobbies) - I fell hard one day and my bruised knee is still looking quite ugly. The other downside is that they do let people come in to try and sell you things. Some goofy girl trying to sell clothing and diamonds (it was painful to have to listen to), and then vendors lining up the outside on the weekend. Part of going to an all-inclusive resort is to get away from exactly those kinds of things and I didn't like them being pushed in our faces.

Short of that, it was fabulous. I will definitely be going back to this resort again (although I would like to try their different locations!). It was the most relaxing, FUN vacation I have ever been on (bruised knee and all). :D

Room Tip: Upgrading to the Preferred Junior Suite was so worth it!
3  Thank Jessica L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#39 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
#9 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!