“One of the best Family All Inclusive resorts”

Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #16 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Gladwyne
“One of the best Family All Inclusive resorts”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We just spent Christmas week at this very luxurious all inclusive with a family of 22 from Philadelphia. Having stayed at four other family All Inclusives, I have something to compare. This is one of the best, Now Amber and their adult only brands Secrets are right up there with Starwood's "W" chain. Looking for a super luxury family resort, this it. Staff was fantastic, food very good and all top shelf alcohol.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Korean first
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and friends stayed at Now Amber from Dec 15-21. We stayed in the preferred building 2nd floor closest to the ocean. Our room was great with a view of the ocean and pool area. We left our screen door open most nights to enjoy the sound of the ocean. Every time I sat on the deck I was in awe of the beauty of my surrounding and thought how lucky we were to be there. It was truly perfect in every respect. We were very happy with our 2nd floor room and preferred amenities. We were just down from the bar and Bennie took great care of us, we will miss the ABC coffee and morning Mimosa (Hubby has already bought some champagne and orange juice). It was nice to have the buffet on the main and the Jacuzzi on the deck also. Would do preferred again maybe one of the swim outs of the main floor next time (very cool). We were treated very well by all staff, I wish I was better at remembering names as they all deserve recognition. Food at the restaurants were great, main buffet wasn't too impressive but with not needing reservation and unlimited alacarte, why go to the buffet. The beach was fine and my Son thoroughly enjoyed playing in the waves and swimming in the ocean. Pools were also great. The only thing to complain about was having to leave. Truly the best vacation ever! We did observe some terrible behavior by other guests. Complaining that service at the restaurant was taking to long and another family of 8 to 10 complained they had to wait for a table. They were very rude and inconsiderate of the staff. Come on guys most of us aren't royalty, treat these people with the respect they deserve and reward their obvious effort to make your holiday amazing. Great resort, great staff, great town! I'm sure we'll be back and will definitely recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Have family photos done while there, reasonable priced and absolutely beautiful.
1 Thank Melanie P
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Despite being relatively smaller that some of the competing resorts in Cancun and Rivera Maya, this all-inclusive resort is a great place to spend vacation with the whole family. Surrounded by the mountains, it offers a breathtaking views. The staff is very professional and accommodating. Spend a few extra bucks and stay in the Preferred Club building and enjoy a Jacuzzi on your balcony. The pools are great: one kiddy-pool, one pool with the water slide (most popular attraction for kids (and adults) of all ages), one with swim-by bar, and one for the water sports. Plus all first floor suites have their own swim-out pools. Food is delicious; kids clubs are very entertaining. We would definitely go back and certainly recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Preferred Club building offers some extra benefits like personalized check-in/check-out, mini-buffet...
1 Thank boris_t_SI
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Arrival at now amber to a glass of champagne and a wet nap to freshen up. Check in was a breeze. Five minutes and we received our wonderful room. Stayed in February of 2013 and going back in January 18 - 28 of 2014. Can't wait. This resort is awesome. The lobby is breathtaking and it makes you feel like your in paradise. Wonderful place to watch the sunset with a drink and my beautiful wife. . . Very romantic. The staff is very attentative and happy to help you with all your needs.My hats off to them. Great job. . . The rooms are superb and beds very comfortable and thank you for having Coronita in the mini fridge. My favorite beer and exactly what I drink back home in Chicago. Salute. . . Shower and bathroom was unbelievable.great water pressure and never ran out of hot water. Spent a lot of time just sitting on the balcony enjoying the amazing view. The simple things that make you appreciate life and relieve all your stress. Perfect vacation. Housekeeping was always perfect and make sure to leave a couple dollars everyday to show appreciation for cleaning the room. Thank you. Pools were nice and clean. Never had a problem getting a lounge chair. Towels are rolled up on the chairs so when u want to reserve your chair all you have to do is unroll it. Great concept and let's you enjoy your vacation instead of worrying about finding towels or losing a towel card. Also no bracelets for the resort. Life is good at now amber. The pool bar is very good and great service and waiters are around the pool nonstop to make sure you always have a drink. Great job. . . . The beach is ok. Would not recommend swimming in it. The pools make up for it. The restaurants were good and love the concept of no reservations. That is a true vacation. I don't want to be on a schedule and like to just go with the flow. Kids club was fun. My two kids 6 and 4 had a blast and enjoyed their time their and they give you a pager so you can pick the kids up when they are ready. Another great concept at now amber. You guys are always thinking to make sure people are enjoying their vacation. Thank you. Plenty of fun and wonderful vacation at now amber. . . Highly recommend it and you will not be disappointed. . . Love this place.........this time in jan 2014 staying in the preferred section. Can't wait to write another review. I know it will be even better second time around. See ya soon now amber and thank you for a wonderful vacation. . . . . . . . . . . :) :) :)

Room Tip: The swim out rooms are to die for. . . .
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Robert M
Stanhope, New Jersey
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Now Amber is a beautiful and very clean resort. I would come back in a heart beat. My husband, my son and I stayed here from December 7-13. The pros are: great rooms with beautiful views, great open air reception area with bar with nice lounging area (great to watch the sunset). My waiter on the beach Jose was the greatest and I appreciate how hard he works along with the other waiters. The cons: resort should have queen size beds instead of full, they are too small. Food could be a little bit better, but it did meet our needs. With all that said I would recommend this resort to everyone who wants a relaxing and fun time. One last comment, Cesar the entertainment person was so much fun at the pool area.

1 Thank Janet Z
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here about six months ago, but I still remember what a great trip it was. The resort is relatively new and was beautiful. The food and drinks were great, especially the teppanyaki restaurant.

Our room was a standard on the lobby level, which convenient for visiting the lobby area (great place to watch the sunset and have drinks) for quick walking trips outside the resort. We walked to the Malecon and it took about 25 minutes. Be sure to bring some cold water if you're going to do that. From what we discerned from talking with other guests, our bathroom was laid out a little different, so that might have contributed to the lack of counter space in there but overall we were very pleased with the room. It was large enough and the a/c kept it cool. We had a nice ocean view, although from about as far back in the resort as possible. The shower is huge, but there was no place to hang a towel near the door. I would still take the same room again. For comparison purposes, I have stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta three times and felt that the baisc rooms at Now Amber were well above the basic at Dreams and comparable to the preferred club junior suites there.

The only area that needs improvement is the snacks/lunch around the pool. I didn't think those offerings were that fresh or tasty, but breakfast and dinners were so good I can overlook that.
The entertainment in the evening wasn't bad, either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I visited Now Amber for a wedding, and while I'm not usually a fan of all-inclusive resorts, this place was amazing: It was the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in, there were plenty of great amenities, the pools were lovely, the food was good and available at all hours in lots of places, the service was impeccable... The beach isn't the best, but it's clean and has a good swimming area. Town is close and easy to get to, there are also some shops and massage places within walking distance.

Over all it was a fantastic week and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank McKinnley P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#15 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#9 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Hotel Riu Vallarta
Hotel Riu Vallarta
#17 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!