Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$378
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
$251
$196
$168
$81
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$400
Official Hotel
3,274 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetcastaways restauranthealing handsentertainment teamswim up barexplorers clubkids clubcoco cafebarefoot grillpreferred buildingfrench restaurantdress codeocean viewturn down serviceunlimited vacation clubkids pool
Reviewed October 4, 2013

What an amazing resort!

My husband and I stayed at Now Amber for a brief honeymoon from Sept 24th through to the 28th. The hotel and the people didn't disappoint!

We had previously stayed at the Now Larimar in the Domincan and had such a fantastic time - we decided to stick with the NOW chain and try a new location.

We arrived somewhat later than expected on the 24th to breathtaking views of the ocean. The website pictures are dead on! We checked in fairly quickly to our room. We requested and ended up with a Swimout room. Amazing! Our room was beautiful. A bath had been drawn - full of rose petals, bottle of champagne chilling.

The resort was easy to maneuver. ...a mere two minute walk and you're at the pools. This time of year is their rainy season. We were told by the locals that rainy season starts June and ends the first week of October. The weather was hit and miss. We had more cloudy and rainy days than we did sun, but the weather was hotter than we expected....even iwth the rain. We averaged around the 30 -32 degree mark - but with the humidex it felt more like 45.

The food was terrific. We ate at the buffet each morning for breakfast, we weren't thrilled with the fare at the Barefioot Grill. We opted to order lunch from the poolside waiters. Dinners were terrific - they take such care in making an amazing meal. Our favroite would have to have been Himitsu. Reservations are needed to have them prepare the meal for you - but the best by far. Women are able to wear virtually anything within reason - men must wear long pants, collared shirts and close-toed shoes. We were aware of this prior to visiting.

The Vacation Club personnel are the first to greet you at the hotel. If you're not interested in a time share (that's virutally what their spiel is) just tell them no. Don't accept the coupons - it's another way of getting information from you to attend their meetings.

Maids were hit and miss.....sometimes there were there to clean mid morning - other times late afternoon.
The people were extremely friendly - willing to go out of their way to help, bring a drink, refill the mini-fridge. We had the pool waiter come to our swim-out room and deliver drinks there. They went above and beyond!
Resort was extremely safe. Beaches were not that great - rocky, a fair amount of debris - which they tried to remove each and every morning. The vendors were farily aggressive and could not go beyond the ropes unless asked by a guest.
We took a short cab ride to the boardwalk - cost was 60 pesos - or $6.00 US.

In short, we'd go again in a heartbeat. Perhaps pick a different time of year where we could see more of the sun. We are off to another NOW resort early next year and would highly recommend Now Amber to anyone looking for a holiday.

Room Tip: Don't wase your $$ on preferred rooms. Any room in this resort is within a very short walking distance to the pools. All rooms have a view of the ocean or pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra616
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from now Amber w a group of 7. We had an amazing time. The rooms were amazing. They were cleaned 2 times a day for us. The service was great. I felt so spoiled!

We ate all the resteraunts and all were good. I'm a very picky eater and found at least one thing I wanted to eat. Breakfast and lunch were just ok. Wish there was at least one more to choose from (buffet only or cafe).

The beach was very rocky,which I knew going there but the water was warm so that was nice. The beach vendors were very pushy and annoying. I went to the beach the first day and didn't want to return after because of them.

The pools were very clean and I was very happy to spend most of the day laying out. They had many activitys to do which were fun! Jose was amazing! My friends and I loved him!! He was always there if we needed anything.
They had a fire show one night which was really cool.
At nights we would hang out in the lobby and enjoy the view which was very relaxing.
Overall we had a great time and would return again. Next year we are planning to go to Now Jade because we loved it so much!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place is so amazing! We stayed here for 5 nights in June of 2012. The food, and service could not have been better! We were sooo impressed and pleased! They have beautiful facilities! The lobby, pools, and restaurants were so fantastic!!! Highly recommended!! You will love your stay here! The staff is so friendly and personable!! Just go and have a great time!! :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Now Amber is a new hotel. It's been around for about a year and a half. We stayed in the Preferred Tower (recommened). The benefits of the preferred tower is the private check-in and check-out (no lines), private concierge, continental (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack) there as always something there when you walk in and out of the tower,bar, all rooms have a jacuzzi on the balcony,in room mini bar and snacks. I had room 1278. THe room was a nice location. We could take the stairs or elevator, were were close to the bar, which is also were the computers were for on-line check-in for the airlines and printing e-tickets. The tower was very convenient. The hotel service and courtesy was good. The resort is small, but adults can use go over to Secrets next door and use the spa, gym, tennis courts, etc...The nightly shows are at Secrets and that is also the only time children can go with you. If you bring children, get them into the kids club. Kids love this place. My daughter who's glued to me even had a good time and she never ever wants to leave her mom and dad. She made smores, decorated cupcakes, built sand castles, swam and played with other kids, watched movies, arts n' crafts too (naming a few). The children also get a backpack with camp shirts. The bags are to put a change of clothes and shoes in there for when the kids have water play and dry clothing. They camp leaders a great and are good to the kids. My nephew would cry when he would have to leave. We even let the kids go on the last day before we checked out to keep them busy and get their last swim in before going to the airport.
The hotel is clean and at the beach they keep the vendors from crossing a literal line. If you want to talk to vendors...then that's on you at your own discretion. I personally stayed in the pool. Carlos was our favorite bar server. He kept my glass full and my sugarcane and mojitos coming. The pools are clean and at about 2 pm they set up for a bbq (carne asada, ribs, carnitas, etc...) don't eat too much at the other restaurants. Save yourself for the bbq each day.

The downside: The resort credits are a joke. You can only use $20 or $40 toward only ONE spa treatment. It'll come out to about $90. You can walk off the resort across the street and there's a place that will give you a massage for about $20. So don't even bother with the resort credits. You are not saving on anything the hotel will offer. You can find better deals elsewhere. The other thing I wasn't a fan of was the Time Share presentation. First of all when you leave the airport just walk straight outside...dont talk to anyone, they are all shady Time Share sales people. Once you make it outside you'll see your cab or shuttle to the hotel. But when you check in to the hotel, they will ask if you signed up for a time share with anyone at the airport. They'll cancel it for you and offer you all kinds of incentives for signing up with Now Amber to do their own time share presentation, which takes half your day :( DON'T DO IT unless you're going to "take one for the team" to get a free excursion, tequila, and spa treatment out of it. Unfortunately, that is what I did. I had no intention of signing up, but I would suggest you give them only 90min, skip breakfast or lunch with them cause they count that time too. Tell them you saw the tennis courts, spa, and gym at Secrets...just get to the nitty gritty and get-er-dun, so you can get back to your vacation. We all have a job to do. They want to sell time shares, we don't want to buy it however we want some free stuff.

The other thing is the resort is quiet. THey play music and it's calm...which is what I wanted, but they could do more poolside activities, more games, excitement during the day. Play mexican music, pop, rock, etc...get it going. But for me I got want I wanted a quiet, relaxing, do nothing vacation. The on-line photos are very accurate no mater what site you look at. The other thing was that you have to get up early to hold your seat at the pools. The issue is that the staff puts towel on every chair, which is wonderful and looks nice, the problem is once people move the towels they are unrolled and you cannot tell if the chair is taken or not. I suggest putting your magazine or t-shirt on the chair and just leave it there. Go eat breakfast or have your room service and go to your chair when you are ready. Once you move, you lose. so leave something there.

Bottom line: Nice place to visit, will highly recommend. Nothing is perfect and we all have certain preferences. I would go back.

Room Tip: Great for kids, rooms clean, resort clean, food good, plenty of bottled water, great AC, avoid time share presentations, great bar. Restaurants are the same as Secrets (just different names). Sit in main lobby for sunset views and photos
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ValleyGirl08
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Breathtaking resort with outstanding service!! Nayeli at the breakfast restaurant and Jonathan at the pool area... these guys are so happy doing their jobs it feels like they are paid thousands!!! Staff were always smiling and friendly. We did the all-inclusive and the food was excellent, it was well worth the money; the convenience of drinking and eating all day long.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple