“Amazing all-inclusive with great quality and service!”

Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #16 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing all-inclusive with great quality and service!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from spending a week at Now Amber. It was absolutely wonderful. The resort is fairly new and extremely well run and maintained. The quality of food and beverages was excellent. The buffet choices were fresh and had made to order options. The best part of this hotel was that there is something for everybody. Schedule of events delivered to room during turndown service... with kid club activities throughout day as well as adult activities including water aerobics, beach and pool side games, yoga, dance lessons, nightly shows, etc. They have a fun and friendly entertainment team always getting guests involved with events. Of course you can choose to do your own thing as well. The beach was a bit rocky but they have kayaks and a water trampolene. Overall a beautiful resort with something for everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Eli V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Korean first
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I went there about 2 months ago for our honeymoon. It was fantastic. The room is quite romantic and the view is breath taking. The staff there are quite friendly. It locates fairly close to the city center. If you feel like checking out the city, it will take you about an hour to walk each way. You can also take a bus to get there. Make sure you do have change when you take buses. One thing I probably will point out is that their massage is quite pricey. If you walk out the hotel, you will find that there are 3 massage places within 5 mins walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sue W
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying we travel to all inclusive resorts every year... Sometimes there are up to 20+ of us-- this year it happened to just be my husband and I... We flew in from Florida.. Flights were great!

Got to the hotel and the view took our breathe away... We were immediately greeted with a cool towel and champagne.. We were there escorted to the preferred club check in.. We waited about 10 minutes as they were with another group-- no problem! Lots of snacks and a refill of our drinks! Checkin was a breeze.... We were given room 1775 (7th floor out of 8) and off we went... The view from our room was spectacular!!! Our luggage arrived shortly after- there was a welcome letter and a bottle of wine waiting for us... Delicious!

The room was spacious and clean! The bed is amazing.. I was worried it was going to be too hard, but I haven't slept this good in a very long time!! Balcony has a jacuzzi which is very romantic.l shower in the bathroom is large! Toilet is in its own private room... Vanity is nice! One small thing- ladies: lighting is a little low in the bathroom-- so the little makeup I did wear, I had to apply in the other mirror by the tv.. No problem! We are in paradise and I wasn't wearing much makeup!

I have to say customer service has been above and beyond ALL of the other resorts we have been too! Whether longing by the pool, getting a snack, having drinks in the lobby to going to dinner- they make sure to remember your name and greet you personally... Their commitment to detail is extraordinary!

Before coming here- my husband and I decided to do a vow renewal.. We worked with Edith and Talia... The ceremony that they helped us plan might have been nicer then our actual wedding! Every detail was thought of... It was beautiful! Thank you to both of them!!! On a side note-- Eder from Puerto Vallarta Adventures took our pictures- I was speechless seeing them!!! If you are considering getting married here-- RUN and do so immediately!!!! And book Eder as your photographer. He has a passion for it-- and was super easy to work with... We captured amazing sunset pictures.... Love love love that he was there for it all!!!!

Lets talk about the food! Delicious!!! The breakfast buffet has slightly different things every morning..(this alone impressed me!) and the a la Cartes were delicious.. No reservations needed... No wrist bands.. Just show up! Room service was perfect as well!! Drinks were great at the resort.. My husband could drink crown royal in the restaurants and Jim beam upstairs in the bars.. Wine list is extensive in the restaurants and the house wines were great as well... I will say they kept refilling my glass whenever it got 1/2 down! Yum yum!

People have previously mentioned the timeshare stuff... Politely tell them no from the beginning and they will leave you alone.. Vendors on the beach-- they can't come up to you unless you invite them- so don't miss out on watching the ocean because of this! Speaking of ocean- I've never seen mountains and the ocean so beautifully together before! Wow!!

The entertainment staff works really hard to ensure you're having a good time! Lots of daily activities without the pressure to do all of them.. Every night you get the next days itinerary (like a cruise!) and it makes it perfect to figuring out what to do!

Gym is spacious and the equipment is well maintained.. We worked out every day with no problems..

I was SO excited to write this review-- we are currently STILL HERE!!!! We will absolutely be back!!! I can't find a single thing to complain about!!! We plan to walk into town today or tomorrow... As well as check out the healing hands massage place which is literally a 3 minute walk outside the complex..

Turns out September is considered rainy season.. What does this mean? Rain showers usually at night or every early in the morning.. Lasting 2-3 hours. Then sunshine! It has been a little cloudy but that's been great in not getting "too hot". We are from Florida where it rains every day and for much longer and much higher humidity.. This has been great! The humidity here is much lower than Playa Del Carmen as well.... Don't let rainy season scare you! The resort is only about 1/2 full right now which is perfect!!!!

I forgot to mention! Everything feels safe here... There have been other resorts where I was nervous to leave anything anywhere, even in my own room.. This is not like that! Peace of mine goes a long way...

So if you're considering this--- book now!! It is an extraordinary place!!!!! Thank you Now Amber!!!!

Room Tip: Go with the preferred club! Lots of nice upgrades and the view is amazing!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank lillygraz
pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Spending my last day as a mature single female at now amber, it is time for some reflection. Travelling alone can be particularly challenging in any country including the USA. The service at now amber had some standouts and some disappointments. Leonardo at the pools was great insuring I never felt out of place among the trim thong clad 20 something crowd. Service at the lobby bar was spotty at best. Housekeeping works efficiently and deserves a hefty tip at the end of your stay. I did a 55 a night upgrade to the preferred towers, save your money. Now the food, I disagree with previous reviews suggesting a lack of gastronomic palate being the source of negative reviews. All dining was a one note reflection of each resturant regardless of cuisine. My judge of a french restaurant is a great onion soup. Didnt happen. For an all inclusive the food is ok. Having been to several barcelo resorts, food did not compare at now amber. The resorts obsession with a dress code was the chief complaint I heard from fellow travellers.
I highly recommend the la caletus tour for its beautiful beach and exceptional food. The guys on the boat ride are hysterical and vastly entertaining. On a final note, I cant say how safe I felt in puerto vallarta even cabbing to town for dinner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank labofblood
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm still catching up writing reviews. In October 2013, my wife an I stayed at Now Amber. An overall great experience – we stayed at two Dreams Resorts (also by AM Resorts) in the past so we know the level of service and food quality. Food was great at all the restaurants and no reservations needed. The weather was so so but we managed to get a lot of pool time every day. Mostly hanging at the swim up bar with a group we met there. We met another group at the Teppanyaki restaurant and ended up going to an outside nightclub with them which was great. The other couple was staying at the Secrets side which is a little nicer but not much different. Biggest Pros – Great Food, Great Drinks (Try a Red Sky, we even started making those at home), Great Service, nice beach and the whole area is brand new and beautiful. Entertainment was OK, the room was especially nice with a big open bathroom, 2 sinks, large tub. Free beer in the fridge. Overall less to do here than at Dreams La Romana (our previous vacation) but that may be unfair. At I look back at the photos, we sailed, played ping pong, trampoline, volleyball and more. Only con would be hawkers on the beach but not bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dddad
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family and friend and we selected the swim out rooms. I loved these rooms. You open your sliding door and bam the pool is right there. It's semi private since you do have to share it with another 5-7 rooms but most of the time we were out there by ourselves. It was great, well worth the money. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. The AC was great, kept the room nice and cold. The food was very good considering that it was an all inclusive. The Asian cuisine was not good at all but the rest was great. Security at the facility was great and we felt safe in and out side the facility. The lounging area was a great place to sit and watch the sunset or the thunder/lightning storms. The entertainment was a little hit or miss. The fire show was great but the International dance show was tacky. Their dance club was ok, good music videos and they do have hookah. The beach was ok but slightly rocky. All in all, I had a great time and can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Melissadventures
boston
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went to Now Amber 7/14-7/19 and originally had a standard swim up suite but upon arriving, found out that we got upgraded to the preferred suite side! (For the first two nights, there was only another family that had the swim out room in the preferred building whereas the other swim out building was full...we figured this was why we got upgraded). That was great mainly b/c I had a 2 and 4 year old who drank milk three times a day and would conveniently run upstairs for it. As for the free food/snacks didn't really care for it much except for the fruits. The food and drinks are the main difference in the preferred side and I would not have paid extra for it since it's not worth it (could have brought my kid's sippy cup to the restaurant to fill with milk since they have it there too)
Main complaint is the mushrooms. I probably noticed it the second day we stayed there and did mention it to my husband. He kinda shrugged it off thinking i was crazy. The third day, it bloomed like crazy (see picture). The first time I saw it, it was real short so didn't scare me as much. I was 2 1/2 months pregnant and I watch a lot of HGTV, so I thought mushrooms meant mold thus I was inhaling spores! When I pointed out the full bloom mushrooms to my husband, he was surprised too and he talked to the front desk. They said they didn't have another swim up room for us but can give us a different room. We decided to stay in the room since we were leaving the next day and the cleaning lady (she even called someone above her to come into our room to check it out) cleaned it with bleach maybe? I forgot what room number we had, but it was the first swim out room (the very first room to the left when you enter the building). I'm pretty sure all rooms have this because of the way the shower is built. When showering, water keeps seeping under the door and spreading everywhere, hence mold. We took advantage of the hospitality suite because we had a late flight so the room setup was exactly like ours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank MamaKelly3
Mauricio M, Gerente at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Ms. Chibawl,

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta!

Thank you for allowing us to host you and your family on your recent visit to our beautiful city. We are thrilled that you enjoyed upgraded amenities with your complimentary upgrade to Preferred Club.

Although HGTV is a very informative TV channel you can rest assured that the subject of your review is was in no way toxic to you or any member of your family. This isolated incident is in no way near the standard we are acclaimed for and this issue has been personally dealt with the staff responsible for this oversight and extreme detailed attention has been given to this particular suite to prevent this from ever happening again. Nonetheless, we remain very apologetic for the inconvenience had.

We must reiterate; this was an isolated incident which is more of an eye sore and never posed any health risk. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and show you what our true standards are in the near future at our beautiful resort.

Respectfully,

Mauricio Martinez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#15 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#9 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Hotel Riu Vallarta
Hotel Riu Vallarta
#17 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!