“What an Amazing resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Grande Prairie, Canada
“What an Amazing resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wow, what a great trip down to PV, we have traveled quite a bit and this is our first trip down to PV. We stayed in the preferred club and had the best service ever. The resort is super clean, the food is super good, the pool area fantastic. We celebrated a wedding and our 25th anniversary renewing our vows, thanks to Edith Gonzalez for her help, everything worked out perfect.

One guy made the trip extra special. FERNANDO!!!
Fernando spends his day down by the pool and beach, he never let my "Keep Calm and Chive On" cup go empty. Thanks for the Rum & Cokes Fernando!!!

We would certainly go back to this resort again.

Room Tip: Preferred club all the way, big balconies, jetted tub on the deck, and the best possible view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Renofthejungle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a family vacation. I traveled with my wife, my 4 yr. old daughter and my Mom 63 yrs. old ( Sorry Mom ;-D ). Let me just start by saying my daughter Sofia is attached at the hip to her mother, where Mom goes Sofia goes. We have tried leaving Sofia at other kids clubs and she just would not stay or we would be getting a call to pick her up within 10-15 mins. On the first day we took her and she just LOVED the Explorers Club and all the super nice ladies that work there. They have EVERYTHING a child could want. Playground, arts and crafts area, cooking area were they decorate their very own cookies and cakes, theater room with a stage where they do little skits, Wii, Xbox stations, computer stations for homework which they help them with, rock climbing wall, jungle gym, kids size toilets and sinks, face painting, camp nights with bonfires where they do smores, Spanish lessons, swimming lessons, piñata parties, bungie trampoline, movies nights under the stars and last but not least the ENTIRE STAFF at the Explorers Club who truly make this a wonderful experience for your child. They take so much care of your child and leave u feeling reassured that your child is safe and is being watched over.
As far as the resort just like most reviews I found it to be awesome. Carlos the server at the swim up bar pool was the man. Served my family drinks and food all week. Nayeli the hostess at Carnival morning breakfast was so nice, knew my name by the second day. The nice lady at the omelet station who cooked my eggs just how I wanted them everyday. Leticia our housekeeper had our room clean, mini fridge restocked, toiletries full, clean towels and beds turndown EVERYDAY. I also tip and believe that although this is an A.I. and all is included, peoples service to you should never go unappreciated. It goes a LONG way and all the employees here work their butts off to make this a great vacation for you and your family.
We have never been back to the same resort twice and have stayed at Palace, Riu, Dreams, Pueblo Bonito resorts because we like to visit new resorts each time, but this place was so nice we booked a trip back for July.
I went to breakfast every morning between 7-8:30 am and just about had the entire restaurant to myself. If u wake up late or with every1 else of course you will encounter lines.
If you are a beach person and need to have a pristine beach and clear blue ocean this is not the place for you.
Downtown Puerto Vallarta the Malecon (Boardwalk) Romantic area and old Vallarta were very safe, beautiful place to walk and catch the sunsets.
Princess Sofia would like to send a special HELLO and THANKYOU to the staff at the Explores Club, and so do MOM and Dad thanks for some much needed alone time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank GoMex23
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this resort in January (and promised we would write a review)
Upon arrival we were treated amazing. From the initial greeting, to ensuring our room was to our liking and making sure we were fed (late flight). Throughout the week the service was exceptional.
My girlfriend and I are competitive athletes in the physique competition world and therefore we were looking for a great resort with a spa, good clean eating alternatives and a well balanced fitness facility on site, as well as a commercial gym close by. This resort provided us with all of the above.
The food was amazing and we were pretty much able to get it made to our specifications regardless of what restaurant we were at or the Buffett.
The staff took the time to get to know us and often took a general interest into our lifestyles vs annoyance to any requests. In fact, one of the cooks made sure a waiter delivered extra food to our table as it was freshly prepared, recalling that we would be coming back for more.
The room service was great, cleaning staff and available eats.
The Spa? It will cost a little but is well worth it. And when you purchase packages from the Spa, the manager (can't recall her name, but she was amazing) makes sure you are taken care of beyond what you purchased, often providing complimentary usage of the spa for a second day etc. the finishing touches within the Spa were also exceptional, including several natural herb waters and snacks etc.
The Rooms come standard with a Jacuzzi and are well designed (basic ocean view)
The fitness centre you can make do with, but just outside the resort is the local Golds Gym which is top shelf (we attended 3 days and we were given a discount for being guests at the hotel)
The pools, services and staff that were eager to please made this resort may favourite of the 4 I have stayed at in Mexico.
We would go back and plan to later this year of early next.
Jason Green and Melanie Gardner

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank JJG34
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed on the Amber side of the resort, however, spent the majority of the time on the Secrets side (for the sole reason that we were there with no kids and the Secrets side was a little more relaxed). Check-in process was easy, greet with champagne and cold towels (it wasn't THAT hot so we didn't really need them).

Room/view: We didn't upgrade our room at all, were offered to upgrade using our resort coupons but decided we wanted to see our "garden view" room before using the coupons to upgrade. He originally was going to put us on the 2nd floor but we asked if we could have anything a little higher...ended up on the 3rd floor and had a fabulous view..no need to upgrade to an ocean view (will post picture of the view with this posting). Our view was the exact same as the lobby level which was fabulous. As far as the "priority club" goes. At least everyone we talked to didn't seem to think it was worth the extra money. You do get a small whirlpool on your balcony but I never noticed anyone using it. Also, the rooms with the pools on the first level seemed kind of cool, however, you'll have little to no view being that low.

Resort/pools: There are plenty of pools so none seem to be overly crowded. We never needed to get up early to find a chair. Agreed with some that the people on the beach tried to sell random crap to often but if you either ignore them or firmly say "no" they will leave you alone. We did the jetsky and the banana boat...both fun. Although they claim they don't allow Amber visitors on the Secrets side for the pool/beach...you can easily stay over on that side all day as long as you are over 18. It's a little quieter than the Amber side but besides that, both are lovely.

Spa: Although many people say don't waste your money at the spa and go to the 20 dollar one next door....I'd have to disagree, the spa was worth every penny. They ask you to arrive an hour early to use all the different pools. When you arrive you are escorted through the different plunge pools by a butler who is happy to get you towels, water, tea, etc as well as to show you how to use each different water device. Very relaxing and nice. We had the entire spa plunge pool area to ourselves. I had a stone massage by Betty and although I've had plenty of stone massages before, this was the best, most relaxing one I've had. I contemplated going back the next day. The one thing I'd suggest is do this early on in your trip. If you get a sunburn, it's not AS relaxing. Also, once you pay for the services once, you get to use the spa facilities the rest of your trip for free.

Food: Our first night we had room service...this was the ONLY reason I give this hotel a 4 out of 5. It was THAT awful. We ordered 10 different things (first round tried 5 things, all disgusting, followed by 5 more things that were equally as bad). That experience kind of turned us off the food, however, the food in the restaurants is very good. The only place you need a reservation is the Hibachi grill which is way worth it. I would have gone the first or second night so I could go back again before the end of my trip. Fabulous food there. Oceana was also great. The Italian restaurant was just okay. We also did one of the buffet nights out by the pool which was fun and entertaining. One person commented that there was always a line for breakfast...maybe we went a little late (around 10) but there was never a line when we went and the breakfast was good! Also, we were worried we wouldn't get a good seat at places like Oceana (outdoor covered seating on the beach) but there were always good seats available. Bar services in the lobby is a little slow if you order through the waitstaff.

We will likely return - wonderful trip...very sad to be back home!

Room Tip: I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade to a ocean view or a priority club. I went back and forth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ashley G
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I went for 6 days for a babymoon to get some time together before the baby comes. Pros: beautiful property, nice rooms with huge showers. Friendly staff, always smiling and remembers your name. Mexican and French restaurants were very good. Breakfast buffet was alright, it did get too crowded at times. Asian restaurant wasnt good at all, but then again we're Asian and from Vancouver. teppanyaki was okay just for the fun of it. the greatest part was the lobby area. So open and so much breeze coming in, we could just sit for hours and enjoy the view. A trip to malecon was better than expected. A nice walk and a great place to take pictures. Fire show was worth seeing. everything else don't bother.
Cons: housekeeping. they start way too late in the afternoon! our rooms got cleaned after 5pm and knocked on our door at 10pm for turndown service. We didn't care too much though.
The beach is full of rocks and very hard to walk on even with our shoes on. We knew that beforehand so didn't bother us. We weren't there for the beach.
When we first arrived, it felt like we had the whole resort to ourselves. Two days before we were leaving, the place was getting too crowded. Buses full of ppl were coming in as a group. Secrets side was much more quiet with less people.
Beach bar service was too slow.
Sales pitch was annoying.
I would go again for the beautiful property, lobby area and good food. Great resort to relax. We couldn't go out and do too much because it was a babymoon but I would return again for diff adventure, sightseeing tours. Puerto Vallarta seemed like a safe city with plenty to see and do.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kimnr
Lake Villa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at several resorts in PV,and i must say the Now is tops on the list.
Almost everything about the place exceeds your expections.
First the negatives:upon checkin being pressured to change over to Secrets which is connected to the Now.I researched the Now and wanted to stay at th Now.If I wanted Secrets I would have researched it and booked it.I think they do this to equal out the occupancy to each resort because when looking over at Secrets there was not many people.The second negative is the temps of the food at the Buffet.Hot food should be hot and cold food cold.I don't want luke warm or partial cold.I told tis to several people and they all just agreed with nothing changing the entire week.The 3rd negative is when the hotel books a massive 140 person wedding and puts up a temporary floor right on the beach in front of you the morning of the wedding.The fact that we paid for our vacation and wanted to enjoy the beautiful view and peacefull quietness of the ocean was not even considered when the hotel put this all together.The amount of people bringing the pieces of stage equipment,chairs,tables,sound equipment and list goes on and on was so disruptive my wife and i left and went to town after enduring several hours with no stop in sight until the event ended.
On the positive side the speciality restaurants are fantastic.Special thanks to Saul in the Mexican restaurant for his special attention to my wife and I.All these had hot food hot and cold food cold,so why can't the buffet do the same thing? I also want to thank Guillermo the bar tender at the lobby bar for his fantastic memory and mixing great drinks.
The beds are new and very supportive and the ac can be made as cold as ice.
The Now has great entertainment and the fire show is a must do item.
The Now is trying to up the bar over the Riu hotels and has done it.No towel cards to bring to the pool,free inroom calls to the united states,topshelf booze,and room service 24 hours a day.
We will go back to the Now in the future and I hope management at the hotel will read this and make the changes necessary to make your trip 100% perfect.Your score in our eyes is 90% perfect only being open for 1 year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank powerboater55
Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pros:
Stayed in the preferred club, extremely clean, new resort. The views were good, excellent sunsets. Loved the little extra perks you got with the preferred club like private lounge, food downstairs all the time, provided sunblock, toothbrush, my husband loved the shave cream provided, razors, etc. Not sure if this stuff was provided in the other areas of the resort but this was a nice touch. Beds were pretty comfortable and well maintained.
The food was fantastic, especially Bordeaux, the French restaurant. We loved the food here and the service was amazing. We did find a hair in our food on two occasions in the main dining hall. We didn't make a big deal about it.
Our kids went to the kids explorer club a lot and loved it. All the workers there were fabulous and the service provided for a camp was fantastic.
Cons:
The biggest negative for me was the beach. I am a beach person and have been to some amazing beaches in the Caribbean and this was not a good beach or water at all. This is not really anything to do with the resort itself, nothing they can do about the location. The water is rough, cloudy and rocky. Also the people selling stuff on the beach got a little annoying at times. We stopped going to the beach after the first day or two, wasn't really much to go down there for.
We also found the rooms to be quite noisy due to them being connecting rooms, this was a little uncomfortable at times.
If you are a pool person and don't care so much about the beach this is a fantastic choice of a resort. The service was fantastic and the food was awesome. We will likely try this company again but will probably try Dominican.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to have a good view. Our room was quite spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family