“Secrets Vallarta Bay”

Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #17 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had a fantastic week at Secrets Vallarta Bay! The resort was even nicer than it looked in the pictures we saw. it was very clean, the spa was amazing, and the food 5 star! The staff was very friendly and helpful! I would definitely recommend it and would go back!

2  Thank MissMay2013
Mauricio M, General Manager at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hello MissMay2013,

Greetings from Secrets Vallarta Bay! We are thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations during your recent visit. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and feedback like yours inspire us to do even better.
It was our pleasure to have you and we thank you for taking time to share your experience with other travelers. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mauricio Martinez

Write a ReviewReviews (3,623)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a good hotel - good staff, good facilities, good food, good service. Great views. Only one complaint: advertising for evening entertainment is weak and directions to the entertainment locations is lacking. Busy days create a need for prompting from the animation staff to encourage attendance.

Greetings Leslie C,

Thank you for sharing with our online community and us your recent experience at Secrets Vallarta Bay. Your observation in regards to our entertainment is greatly appreciated. We offer a great variety of shows and activities, which we kindly invite all of our guests to enjoy throughout their stay. Entertainment information may be found on the Sundial (Activities sheets), mobile app, TV screens in lobbies and pool areas. Our entertainment staff also does their part and may have been engaged in other activities during this time. We apologize if there was a show that you missed. We would love to have you front row and center on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Everything is good at this resort, great food wonderful staff and excellent location. The only downside was the lighting in the room is very dark, but the room was really comfy and one staff member being rude about me not wanting to do a time share presentation. This resort is very close to town where there is great shopping and other off resort things to do. Secrets does offer lots to do on the resort if you just want to stay put. I don't usually do resorts but his one I will return to if I go for a short trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzed

Hello Lizzed,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our beautiful resort with us. We are very pleased to know that our gourmet options, staff and location me your expectations.
Our interactive modern suites invite our guests to further set the mood by dimming or turning up the lighting as desired. There are several switches around the suite, each one designed for a specific area. Our suites are also equipped with electronic Do Not Disturb, Doorbell and built in USB ports. We appreciate you bringing your observation to our attention, and are thrilled that the rest of the suite provided comfort throughout your stay.
We sincerely regret the impression the Unlimited Vacation Club staff member must have given you. The Unlimited Vacation Club is an exclusive travel club offering preferred rates and special offers to travelers, not a time-share. Our guests are not obliged to attend anything they do not wish to. Please know this is not indicative of the great service we provide.
Lastly, we are very pleased to know our entertainment options were to your liking and that you took the opportunity to get to know our beautiful historic Downtown Malecon, boardwalk.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I spent 4 days here with some girlfriends and overall we had a fabulous time. I read a lot of these reviews prior to going and everyone provided such great feedback, I wanted to do the same. First, shout out to Valentin, Alfredo, Diego, Alejandro, and Javier - they went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable and fun.

Check-In/Check-Out: First, we booked transportation to and from the resort with AmStar, which was recommended to us by the resort. It was easy, fairly cheap, and stress-free when coming out of the airport to find all those people shouting at you. Check-in was fairly easy, though when we booked we were promised resort credits. Come to find out, you can only use them in very specific circumstances and not all together. NOT WORTH IT. We didn't get the time share sell at all. Check-out was even easier. We asked for a late check out and got it, though had to pay an extra $10 per hour for it, which I thought was cheap of them.

Room: Two of us stayed on the regular side and my friend booked the Preferred side. The rooms are exactly the same except she had a jacuzzi tub on her balcony. The regular side actually faces the ocean full on as opposed to the Preferred side which doesn't. Just wish we had received rooms on a higher floor. Still great view though. My only real complaint with the room was that the bathrooms floors were soaking wet when I came in and pretty much stayed that way no matter how many towels I put down or how carefully I stepped out of the shower. It was also a constant struggle to get the AC to the right temp. Also, not a room with a lot of privacy - so great for couples, not as great for friends. We all thankfully had our own rooms.

Beach: Pretty to look out at from the pool area, but crowded with vendors and yucky water. We stayed at the pool the whole time.

Pool: Gorgeous. BUT, we found we had to get up early to reserve seats because they fill up in the morning. I didn't mind the music the resort played. What I did mind was the group of guests who found it acceptable to bring their own boom box to the pool and play it very loudly for everyone else to hear. I'm looking at you, rowdy Canadians. Competing music wasn't great. We complained, but not much could be done. That sort of soured the day for us. We enjoyed all the different activities (bingo was the best) and thought the entertainment staff did a great job. Swim-up bar was nice when we could get service. I think the bar was understaffed for the amount of people staying at the hotel so we often waited quite a while for drinks there unless Javier was tending bar, then we were served quickly.

Service overall was fabulous. We tipped in dollars and I don't know if that made a difference, but it certainly didn't hurt.

Food: We hit the buffet each morning for breakfast. It was fine. Wasn't fabulous. I wish there had been more fruit. But overall, it did the job. We got lunch each day at the Barefoot grill and it was tasty. Dinner was the highlight. Have to say, I wish we had just gone to Himitsu each day. That was place was great. Fun and yummy food. Bordeaux was also great. Oceana wasn't as great and I think got my friend sick from her entree.

Drinks: Drinks were not super strong, but did the job and I thought the lobby bar and the Preferred bars were great. We went to the dance club one night and were disappointed by the lack of Latin music. The "shows" they put on over at the Now side are typical tourist fare. I would skip those and instead track down the mariachi band. Those guys were awesome.

I don't think I'd return to Secrets PV but only because I want to go to more places in Mexico. I would recommend it though to anyone seeking a child-free, all-inclusive in PV.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean. I would suggest asking for a higher up room in the regular tower. S...
2  Thank Tals83
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This resort has much to offer. Super clean, friendly staff & amazing dining options with no lineups. We stayed VIP and the room was very nice with a great view but all of them have a good view. I will definitely return!

Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our online community and us. It was our sincere pleasure to host you on your recent holiday and are very happy to read that our Preferred Club exceeded your expectations. Our Unlimited-Luxury® concept means, no reservations when fine dining, no towel cards and no pesky bracelet. Complete freedom to enjoy all we have to offer at your leisure. We look forward to welcoming you Home soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We spent 10 days at this resort and had a fantastic time. The hotel, rooms, service and staff were all very superb. Very Clean!! The bartenders Fernando, Valentin, Jose, Jovanny, Nicolas at the pool bar (Manatees) along with the pool waiters, Omar, Fernando, Foreman, Louis, were great. They supplied great service, and the drinks were amazing. Whoever their Boss is I would like to tell them they all deserve a bonus, they were fantastic and made our stay very enjoyable. Also Pearla and Berneice, who were waitresses in the Lobby Bar. The food was very good and the following waiters at the Morning Buffet supplied great service as well, Cesear, Stefane, Heribuerto, Carlos, Ricardo and Diego. Entertainment outside during the day was great also with Leo, Hugo and David. I would have no problem recommending this Hotel for anyone to stay at.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor, junior suite ocean view and it was perfect.
2  Thank Lorne H

Hello Lorne H,

Greetings from Secrets Vallarta!

Thank you for sharing your excellent stay with our online community and us. We are excited that our resort met your expectations and that our staff made your stay even better. We appreciate your recognition for each and every one of them. We have some of the best staff in all of Puerto Vallarta and I assure you they will be recognized. It was our pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent a week at Secrets, the resort is smaller than I thought, very clean, the staff were excellent, Omar & Miguel at the pool, Carlos & Heribuerto at the Market Cafe were awesome. My reason for not rate it a 5 stars were: the music selection was terrible they played stuff Frank Sinatra and older, no fruits available during lunch, dinner, and hardly any cooked vegetables during lunch and dinner. Disco at Now ( next door ) was okay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mei L
Mauricio M, General Manager at Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Mei L,

Thank you for your preference in us as your host during your recent visit to our beautiful city. We are pleased to hear that our staff, modern facilities and our detailed care for them made your stay an eventful one. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated as it assists us in improving our service. We will take a look at our music library and see how we can improve on the variety. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that you can experience the improvements for yourself.