Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$308
$184
$160
$100
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$331
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$213
$183
$296
$249
$419
$172
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$406
$270
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
Priceline
  • Beachfront
4,119 results
All reviewsmarket cafepreferred clubbarefoot grillfrench restaurantpool arealobby baroceana restaurantunlimited vacation clubpreferred buildingentertainment teamhealing handsturn down servicerain showerdress codeall inclusive resortrose petalsocean view
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This resort was fabulous from start to the end of our stay. Room was not ready upon arrival but we went to the restaurant to eat then the room was ready (that was our only complaint). The resort is clean and beautiful with ample chairs at the pool for lounging. The beach is clean and roped off to prevent vendors from bothering the sunbathers (never spent much time on the beach). Went kayaking one day out in the bay and saw a whole school of young manta rays which was awesome.
Rooms were big and well appointed and had fabulous views of the bay. Sunsets from the balcony were always beautiful. Double sink vanity, large jetted soaker tub and fabulous walk-in shower with a rain shower and regular shower head. In-room safe and minibar were handy.
Food and drinks were also very good. Breakfast buffet was good everyday and the staff was always very friendly. Lunches we usually are at the poolside area and ate many chips with pico de gallo and guacamole. Japanese restaurant, French restaurant and the Italian restaurant were all fabulous like eating at any upscale restaurant. The only restaurant that was disappointing was Oceana, food was just average where the other restaurants were fabulous.
The people staying at the Secrets resort could use the restaurants at the adjoining Now Amber resort. Secrets is an adults only resort which was great for our anniversary.

Room Tip: All rooms at this resort have nice ocean views but higher floors may get you an even better view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I often travel solo and will only go to 4 or 5 star resorts. I stayed at Secrets Vallarta Bay (solo) during the week of April 8-15 which was the same week that CHFI 98.1 radio station travelled to this resort with listeners who had won a trip with hosts Erin Davis, Mike Cooper and The General (Ian). I felt very safe at this resort and met alot nice people who very graciously invited me to join them for dinner, drinks. I even attended the CHFI radio broadcasts (but not at 4am! Sorry Erin/Mike). By mid week, many of the waiters and staff that I had come into contact with, called me by name and I always felt they were taking care of me. I suggest always dining at the specialty restaurants in the evening (they are excellent!) and going to the buffet at breakfast. I have no favourite; they were all exceptional. No reservations required. Guarantee you will find anything you would ever want at breakfast on this buffet! No waiting and the staff is so professional. One day they had roaming food stations around the pool deck and sushi served in the pool! Very unique.
Reserving lounges around the pool with towels seems to be an issue at most resorts and here as well but you can still find a spot to your liking somewhere amongst the various 12 pools.
Many of the guests I met commented on the exceptional housekeeping but I found it to be hit or miss. Most days my room was never made up until after 6pm. They also sometimes forgot to replenish kleenex and towels. Turn down service was not consistant. But travelling solo, this did not really bother me that much. But I think it would be expected by most people for a 5 star hotel.
I did not find the beach vendors bothersome and I walked the beach every morning. Walking to the Malecon or town will take you 1/2 hr. Unfortunately you can't do that walking all the way via the beach so it can get quite hot. Taxi back is only $6.50USD.
Checkin is a fast and pleasant experience and I used only one of the many coupons they provided to enjoy the spa at a very reduced rate.
This resort has so many small touches that all together make for a wonderful experience; a bag post brought to your table to hang your beach bag, providing a book at your table if dining solo, scales in the room to weigh your luggage so you have no surprises at the airport (initially I thought it not so brilliant an idea to have scales at an all inclusive resort until someone advised me they were not for us but for our luggage! LOL).

For those of you travelling solo, single supplement was not too bad. This hotel is well worth it.

Room Tip: I was on 14 but ask for something higher than 5. Great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We hosted a group of radio station listeners for the past week and have done so on a semi-annual basis for years, so we have many resorts to which we can compare this Secrets. And honestly, it's among the two best resorts (the other being the Palma Real in Punta Cana) we've experienced. From a zen-like setting to gorgeous (and brand new) accommodations set right on Vallarta Bay, this resort offers true fine dining, numerous infinity pools and a staff whose gentle professionalism and cheerful demeanor make one feel truly welcome - whether alone, as a couple, or in part of a large group. My husband and I paid to upgrade to the VIP accommodations that are part of this resort and were extremely glad we did. Our only complaint was about the constant noise (and yes, we did rise at 3 am to do a radio show, so silence was golden) of chairs. Yes, scraping chairs and ottoman feet above and beside our room, carried very clearly thanks to the beautiful marble floors. I know it sounds like a small thing, but the sound was so constant and pervasive that even ear plugs couldn't help (thus the move to a quieter building). All this would require is Dollar Store (or Mexican equivalent) adhesive felt pads on the feet of furniture. Guests (and even the lovely housekeeping staff) are probably not even aware of how this sound travels but it makes for rough nights - and siestas - if one can't sleep for the noise of other guests. The WALLS however are sound proof! I know, because a fellow traveller had a persistent cough and I didn't hear it once. Please, Secrets - and all resorts - consider the felt adhesives. You've no idea what a difference they could make, especially on those gorgeous marble floors.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have extra large decks but with only cafe seating, there's no real use for the space. Also - no smoking on balconies. Just in designated public areas.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just returned from a 7 night stay at Secrets Vallarta Bay. We were a little nervous about going to Mexico but once we got to Puerto Vallarta, we saw how safe the area was! The resort is just amazing! All the staff were helpful and so friendly, we have never been so spoiled! It was so very hard to leave! The hotel and rooms are incredible. The staff are so great! We never had to wait for service. The food is so good and a large variety is available. Try every restaurant if you can, they're all incredible! The excursions offered are very good but the resort offers so many activities and events, you never have to leave it to have a full exciting vacation! I truly can't say enough how wonderful this resort is! I don't know how anyone can give a bad review. Already planning my return, well worth the price you pay! Wishing I was already back there.

Room Tip: All standard rooms have a beach view, so no need for any special requests, although the best views are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christina P
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Travelled with a married couple to Secrets Puerto Vallarta.

Check- in was efficient and easy. We arrived to a great welcome with cool towel and our bags were soon delivered to our rooms. I had an ocean view room with fabulous king bed! The room has all the amenities...a balcony overlooking the ocean, a huge bathroom with separate shower and jacuzzi tub plus 2 sinks. Great water pressure. I had a room by myself but if I were traveling with a friend I am not sure I would like the open bathroom concept. Only a thin curtain between bed and bath although there is a door to the toilet.

Housekeeping did a super cleaning job each day although I had to request new supplies like face towels sometimes. Evening turndown seemed to happen about 6 pm just as I was showering for dinner so sometimes housekeeping could not come in. Housekeeping did not return later!

Breakfast was amazing! You could not ask for more variety! Yoana knew my name after the first day and took note that I wanted espresso. She is known as Miss Sunshine for a good reason. No detail goes unattended on her watch or her colleagues' watch! They are a super team.

Lunch was good too. Lots of fresh salads, seafood, fruits and hot or cold dishes.

We tried all of the a la carte restaurants. You don't have to make reservations! What a great concept! bravo Secrets! We enjoyed the French restaurant the best.

The building has some glitches with modern technology. The air conditioning sensor did not work well in my room so after day 4 I moved to another room. That proved to be a good resolution of the problem although the room I moved to did not have clock, luggage rack, soap, working DVD player/remote....the management worked really hard to correct all of this in a timely manner.

The pool area is fantastic! Great cots, lots of big fluffy beach towels, great service for drinks. There were plenty of umbrellas to protect you from the sun as needed. You have nothing to do but relax or join in with the games, aquafit, yoga, at the beach. The beach is ok but not great. You can't walk far on the beach and the water can be either murky or rough but some days guests were in the ocean. I didn't find beach vendors were a problem. There is a grill at the pool with food most of the day as well as a huge cooking wok around 1:00 pm at the pool if you don't want to go to one of the restaurants.

The staff is the best part of the vacation. EVERY staff person I encountered at bars, pool, beach, housekeeping, management, maintenance, waiters worked hard to please and make the guest experience fantastic!

The evening theatre entertainment was a bit loud for my taste but I did enjoy the musical groups in the Secrets lobby after 10 pm. It is a nice place to hangout and have a late drink.

There is good security at the hotel. if you go out, a guard at the front gate records your name and room number. We took a taxi to the malecon (boardwalk) for $6 US to the far end and walked most of the way back to the hotel. I felt safe.

No need to book preferred club. All the rooms face the ocean but I prefer to be high up away from disco noise and with a super view! Sunsets are spectacular.

I had a super vacation and I would love to return! The weather was perfect every single day...tons of sunshine.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms are great and have ocean view. TRY for a room high up close to the elevator for best view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends