“Great discovery”

India Gate
Ranked #278 of 1,070 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you have never tried Indian food, or you are a lover, India gate Puerto Vallarta is the "The New Kid in Town", we serve up delicious and authentic India specialities, no fusion, Punjabi kitchen...some of our dishes are chicken tandoori, bryani, tikka massala and the star BUTTER CHICKEN, lamb curry, vindaloo, prawn bryani, tandoori, etc., and vegetarian dishes, from mild to spicy and everything between...we also serve unique chai, desserts and beverages, we invite you to come and explore a new and delicious flavor, service and our beautiful place near to El Malecon, the sea breeze and amazing sunsets just a few steps from us
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I live in Vallarta and just visited this restaurant. The food is good, the portions are generous and the service was great. The restaurant decor is nice and has a relaxing atmosphere. The prices are also good.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ari conditioned, nice decor, but mediocre cookiing. Pity as I had a real hankering for some Indian food. W had the lamb curry (watery and not much taste except for the slight muttony taste), chicken vindaloo (this was advertised as spicy but it definitely was not and this was a real disappointment) and chicken tandoori (not well chosen cuts before cooking and a pain to cut and eat). Samosas were OK, but I had ordered a vegetable samosa and another and we got two ground beef. The sauses including the green mint were vapid and watery. The nan bread was just so so. The chai tea tasteless. All in all everything was low on flavor AND ON ENERGY,. I will not be going back again.

1  Thank fjack1415
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Oh my yummy!!! Being from Vancouver I like India food and India Gate Restaurant here in Vallarta is an answer to my prays. Authentic Indian food, nice atmosphere, right downtown only one block off the Malecon & very good service. Big bonus for me, owners give back to the local community & charities. I attended the MexPup fundraiser... loads of food serviced, very nice evening with fellow dog lovers, rescuers and/or fosters.

1  Thank Carolinapv
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The food and service was spectacular. Every bit as good as the India Gate on Robson in Vancouver but the service was better!

2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed September 23, 2013

l called three weeks before the Mex Pup event, we wanted to go since our lady neighbor had recommended it highly, l saw the postings online for the event. No mention of tickets or reservations needed either. l called three weeks ahead to ask about the actual opening time, l wanted to be there as early as possible since one of us is handicapped, the lady who answered the phone for the restaurant told me 5 pm to 7 pm, no tickets or reservations needed as well, l was told by that employee. And l was the one who called the day of the event, and then, the person who answered the phone at the restaurant told me she would call me back, l told her that it would be 4 of us at 5 and l wanted to make sure it was all OK, l called back after not receiving a call and she told me that if we had tickets, there would be no problem, l inquireD about those tickets and explained to her that they told me on the phone nothing about any tickets and she was trying to convince me that it had been posted online that we had to buy tickets, so we just decided not to go after all, And now that l see the people from that restaurant posted that they had been sold out a month in advance l really feel like they are trying to offend my intelligence because no one ever posted that they had been sold out or told me anything on the phone the couple of times l called about it. And, food for thought, if they had been sold out and the management expresses that " more money could have been donated to this cause" Why didn't they add an extra seating or posted online that they were sold out? Prove me wrong by sending me anything posted the month before about been sold out.