Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
This time we landed the big one!

It was 3 years since we last visited Puerto Vallarta and we were eager to go fishing again with... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Karl H
Wigan, United Kingdom
All day fishing trip

This is the first guided fishing trip I have ever taken. I have my own boat and fish year round... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $600.00
from $79.00
from $119.00
More Info
All reviews hour trip mahi mahi ceviche big ones catch fish deck hand big game fish super panga great boat striped marlin crew worked hard spanish mackerel yellow tail great trip rooster fish comfortable boat sea turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2017

This trip was great! Beautiful scenery. Water was clear as day. It was a very unique experience. I would highly recommend.

Date of experience: November 2016
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to let others know about your trip with us.
Hope the rest of the summer is just as fun as the day out with us on Dos Amigos
See ya next time
Fishful thinking

Reviewed July 28, 2017

I recently took a trip down to Puerto Vallarta and went fishing with Capt. Pete. I had a fantastic time! Fishing was great and the atmosphere was incredible. Capt. Pete was very helpful and informative, my group and I definitely learned a lot and are looking forward to doing it again! I recommend this trip for anyone who loves being on the water and fishing, of course!

1  Thank Hilary C

Hilary
thanks for coming out with us and yes it was a killer day. What a fun group to have on the water. Glad to hear yall had a super day and yes please come back next year
We will be waiting
Thanks

Reviewed July 25, 2017

My family and I booked a trip with Captain Pete. While I had read the good and bad reviews I made the decision to book the trip after asking some questions of Captain Pete who felt confident we would have a successful trip. I have fished all of my life, in fact I was a fishing guide for many years and I understand good and bad days. But I do not understand catching absolutely nothing! I understand that people place their trust and hard earned money in the hands of a professional charter to know where the fish are. We booked an 8 hour trip with my wife and kids (18, 13 and 12 yrs old), but Capt. Pete did not fish, instead we had his crew. We traveled in and out for 3 hours and trolled for 5 hours without a single strike. On the way out, I was told that they had fished 3 days earlier in the week for 12 hours and did not catch a single fish. That would have been nice to now prior to leaving the dock. However there were 2 other boats fishing that day that caught sailfish. We just paid for a very expensive boat ride and received no apologies nor a discount. My kids were absolutely devastated, but my mistake served as a good lesson for them.

Mr. Blaine
thanks for coming out with us and of course your comments.
With the information clients supply us with helps stay NUMBER
ONE FISHING COMPANY YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. So
let me address your comments as we take this very seriously .
You stated you caught no fish but the crew prepared fresh for you and your family
that you guys caught on your trip with us. I think maybe you were referring that you did not catch a marlin or sailfish and yes this does happen when the fish do not bite. You being a fishing guide would know this. I spoke with my professional crew about this trip ( Capt. of over 35 years experience and mate of 20 years experience ) and was told you gave them a good tip for the great service ??
Not sure why the crew would apologize ?? for a good trip . and again the Capt. said thanks. I sure wish you would have tried to contact me via e mail or phone before writing a review that is not correct ?
I know you have my number and I spoke with you before the trip via phone and told you I do not go on every trip. It's in your e mail remember ??
Lastly : Puerto Vallarta is on one of the largest bays in the world and of course the Pacific ocean the largest in the world. DID YOU FIND THE FISH EVERY DAY MR. BLAINE ??
We do catch more trophy fish than all other charters companies here in Puerto Vallarta.
Take a look at the pics here on tripadvisor / facebook and my apologizes for a slow day .
Tight Lines
Capt. Pete

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Best Trip ever I was very impressed by the professionalism Of Capt Pete.I had the time of my life .Thank you so much.One down for my bucket list.

1  Thank Raul M

Thank you for coming out with us on your first day of
fishing here in Puerto Vallarta mexico. I'm glad my crew was
able to show you and friends a great time on the water. You will
be hooked from now on. ON golf and fishing.
See yall soon

Reviewed June 24, 2017

My buddy and I wanted to pull on some fish before we left for home so we found Capt Pete and decided to give it a try. Went down to the dock via taxi about 10min from our hotel in Nuevo. We were greeted right away and sent down to our boat where our captain and his son were waiting for us. Boat was nice, center con dual outboards. Took off on a very short 3min ride to the fishing grounds. I fish quite a bit so when we saw the birds working hard right off of the river outlet we knew there were fish underneath and we started to get real excited only 7min into our trip! Threw some live baits in the water and had hookups all morning long. All Jack Crevalle but we didn't care as these fish fight like they are twice the size they are. Would have been cool to pull on some other species, but rather than troll the entire day we decided that pulling on these crevalle's were just what we wanted as we couldn't take a bunch of meat home anyway. Overall very satisfied, just wish we had more live bait! We only had 6 or so live bait so it was hard to fish after we went through them all. Overall, I would return as the service was great and the boat was up to par.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank RyanT2073
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Thank you so much for coming out with us and glad to hear yall had a great day. We always take live bait when they can be caught by the guys that sell them to us. They are called goggle eye and one of the best baits world wide. The minimum we buy is 10 baits when that have them. Next time let's do a full day and get yall a marlin or sailfish
Tight Lines and hope to see ya again