“Wonderful Day”

Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete
More attraction details
Owner description: The only American owned and operated charter company in Puerto Vallarta that offers deep sea fishing and other boat cruises. Winner of Sailfish and dorado divisions in 2014 Fishing tournament. Seen on ESPN and other fishing shows.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Thanks to Capt. Pete for a wonderful day. Our party of 10 seemed to almost overflow the boat, but the trip was great for both adults and the kids. Two Sailfish and a Mahi Mahi, with the mahi grilled and served perfectly by the locals. Beers and margarita for all! Kid got the Coke. This was a great all-day adventure including snorkling in a blue lagoon, with loads of clown fish. Would do it all over again. Definitly worth the money. Also, a big thanks to Capt. Pete and that hard working deckhand of his that made all of the fishing look like we actually knew what we were doing.

5  Thank MAB0055
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2015

You guys/girls did know what yall were doing
and yes it was a special / fun day for all
Tight Lines
capt. Pete

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and my family used and Capt Pete again and had a blast We went for the 10 hr trip that was recommend by Capt Pete and totally happy with this choice. Left the dock around 7 am.
We were on the fish in less than 1 hr we found a group of fish schooling and landed them, yellow tail The Capt said we needed to head offshore for the big ones. Well he was right, we caught 4 sailfish. We kept 2 of them to have mounted with the help of pete, the other 2 we released. The trip of a life time and will do it again next year.

5  Thank Lavern D

One of the best trips we have done in a while. Glad we
were able to catch all the fish and yes 2 trophy in one trip
is amazing. See yall next year

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son and I went fishing with Capt Pete and staff on July 20, 2013 and we had a great trip. We caught Dorado, Tuna, and Pargo. We fished the island of La Corbetena and it was a perfect place to fish that day. We saw bait fish every where in the water and we even saw giant Tuna (100+lbs) jumping out of the water and eating flying fish. Early on in the trip we saw 500 or so dolphins spinning and jumping out of the water and we caught some tuna in between them. I have never seen so many dolphins in the water at one time. Capt Pete's deck hand is a true master of his craft and I wish I could remember his name because he deserves major credit for our great fishing day. You can't beat fishing with Capt Pete on the Dos Amigos in PV.

5  Thank bjdyer24

DJ
what a fun day and look forward to the next time yall are down here.
You guys did a great job landing all those fish.
Hope the fish was good at the restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went out on the Dos Amigos for our second trip with Capt Pete. It was better than the first. We caught even more fish and the Capt and his mate couldn't have assisted us any more than they did. What a marvelous trip, saw whales, saw dolphins, saw lots of fish, caught a lot of fish, the h'orderves on the boat were out of this world. Pacifico Beer was grand! Just outstanding. Recommend this highly if you are visiting Puerto Vallarta.

9  Thank 861Mariner5

Thank you for sailing with us on Dos Amigos
it was quite a day with everything you got to see
and all the fish.
Hope yall can come out again soon
Capt. Pete
ps yall have been coming out now for over 10 years ??

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I decided on Captain Pete due to the positive feedback on the site. I was not disappointed. A friend of mine came with me and we caught 8 30lb+ yellowfin, as well as 4 of some other smaller blue fish. We took the 8 hour tour on Dos Amigos and tipped 100$. They had about 12 baby pacificos, which we drank all of, but they had more inside the cabin.

I was completely smashed when I called him the day before. I called him twice and was so drunk I didn't remember what marina/pier he was at and had to call him again the day of. Captain Pete was super laid back and relaxed. He wasn't bothered by it at all. He offered great confidence and was totally chilled. As a young guy (in my 20's) with a friend, I had a blast. The boat was good enough size to fit 4 people comfortably. I wouldn't go any larger than that. He went the extra mile to make us happy. His deck hand (named Vibra) was an incredible fisherman. He caught a fish every time he threw it out. Too bad it's not cheap or easy to ship all that fish home. I would have loved to kept it.

Highly recommended. Reserve with confidence of a willing, able and caring captain and deck hand. Will do it again next time I visit Vallarta.

3  Thank wulfsburg
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2015

what a fantastic day on the water with you guys. Glad you guys had a blast and I will see next time you are down here in Puerto Vallarta.
Tight Lines