Review Highlights
Highlight of our trip!

GoPlaces58660457102
Enjoy a fun day at sea!!

Butterfly I
Lewiston, Idaho

All reviews tuna hour trip big ones catch fish deck hand great boat large marlin bay trip crew worked hard super panga spanish mackerel great trip comfortable boat whale whisperer excellent equipment capable hands sea turtles
Reviewed 3 days ago

Went to PV to celebrate my husband’s birthday with a fishing trip! Luis & Pablo didn’t disappoint...we had the best day and came away with a great experience (and a 98 inch fish!) Captain Pete was very helpful in the planning and his staff and boat were first rate. No reason to go out with anyone else...dos Amigos will always be our choice and recommendation.

pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you so much for the nice comments and of course coming out to fish with us on Dos Amigos.
When ya have a birthday in Puerto Vallarta there will be fun but when ya charter a fishing boat and catch a huge sailfish on your birthday well that's just the tops. well done and glad we could be a small part of your fantistic vacation. Hope to see yall next year
Capt. Pete
p.s. what a catch !! and thanks for taking time to let other know about our fishing charters here in Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Reviewed 3 days ago

I and a friend joined our husbands for one of their all-day fishing trips and had a great time. The water was fairly calm this day. We've fished in Cancun where waves were as high as the boat was tall. Fishing in Puerto Vallarta is quite different than Cancun. Take your sunscreen and possibly long-sleeved shirts if you can't do full sun.

We had a great time with Luis and Pablo while Captain Pete drove the boat. All three of them made us feel welcome. We each took turns when a fish was caught and also enjoyed cerviche prepared expertly by Luis! Have to admit, it was pretty good!

Captain Pete's boat is well equipped with more than enough poles to catch the huge fish. We took lots of photos and would do this again!

Thank you so much for coming out with us for a wonderful day and taking the time to write a review for us to let others know who the fish with while in Puerto Vallarta fishing. The fish were biting and the weather was perfect along with some good friends you can't beat that for great experience in Puerto Vallarta. Hope to see you next year here in beautiful Puerto Vallarta where the friendliest people in the world live.
Tight lines
Capt. PETE AND CREWS

Reviewed 5 days ago

We fished 4 days with Captain Pete and crew, In November 2018, caught a lot of fish, and had a fantastic time. GREAT CREW, and Great Captain. They were extremely knowledgeable. Had a Great time.

pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Donna
thanks for coming out with us fishing again. It was several fun days with the guys and a special day to have the guys/girls out with us. The guys sure landed a whole bunch of big fish. The guys were so much fun to fish with. They had me laughing all day long. See ya the next time your in Puerto Vallarta where the fishing is great and friendly people/
Tight Lines

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I came to PV last week with 5 of my friends for my 30th birthday & had my heart set on a deep sea fishing day. After convincing my chicas that this was a great idea, I’m so happy to say that Captain Pete’s crew blew us all away! I could not have planned a more perfect day. The crew brought me an amazing birthday cheesecake, we got to anchor off of a private beach to jump in, snorkel and swim to shore, every single one of us caught a fish, and to top off the end of a great day, we caught a 6’+ long sailfish. It was by far the highlight of our trip. I cannot wait to come back next year and fish with Captain Pete’s crew again!!!!

1  Thank katielorraine88

Katie
thank you for the kind comments and coming out with us. Sometimes it's the littles things like buying our clients a birthday cake that a make a memorable vacation but when you put this with 5 of your best friends and a huge sailfish, that's a trip of a lifetime. So glad we could help and it was a pleasure to meet you and the other girls.
Hope to see you and crew again next year here in Puerto Vallarta where the friendliest people in the world live.

What a fun day. I also want to thank you personally for taking the time to leave your comments about our service and crews
Fishful thinking

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had the pleasure of spending 9 hours on the water with Capt Pete and his wonderful crew. His vessel is very well outfitted for every possible option fishing. He made us feel comfortable and welcome. His crew was attentive to every detail. I had the pleasure of a one on one discussion with Capt Pete on the ride back into port, extremely interesting an informative. I can't wait for my next fishing adventure with Capt Pete.

1  Thank Bryan S

Bryan
thanks for fishing with us and hopefully you will be another one of our life long clients. You being a Capt. yourself you know fishing and boats. Your kind words are greatly appreciated . See ya next year for marlin and dorados.

your friend

Reviewed 1 week ago

I wholeheartedly recommend Puerto Vallarta fishing charters with Captain Pete and many of his Crews. We've been coming to Puerto Vallarta for over 25 years and have used Captain Pete's sailing, whale watching and Puerto Vallarta deep sea fishing charters. We have had a good time on each of these trips. In the winter season the whale watching in incredible in Puerto Vallarta along with the fishing. We just finished doing another fishing charter for marlin with one of capt. Pete's crews. Could not be happier. The weather was perfect and the fishing very good as always. After 25 years of charters with this company I can highly recommend these guys for your charters here in Puerto Vallarta. From taking the family out for bay fishing, sailing or hardcore offshore with your friends like we did on on last trip with Capt. Pete

TIGHT LINES

Charles

p.s. be sure and book ahead as these guys are busy year round

1  Thank Flyer56463398379

Charles
thanks for taking the time to let other folks know who to fish, sail, whale watching or any other water tours. We have
had many great trips with you and family here in Puerto Vallarta. I'll never forget the family trip with the dolphins and whales. Fun day with some fin people. Hope to see ya soon
Capt. Pete and crews

p.s. next trip a big marlin hook up again !

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Capt Pete met us at the dock and introduced us to our Capt and crew. We fished with Francisco and Louis on a 40’ boat. Excellent equipment and great bait. We fished up North off a point for 8 hour trip. Think we caught 16 Bonita, 1 Spanish Mackerel and a ~22lb Jack Crevall. We were hit by a Sailfish but didn’t hook up. We saw sea turtles and had a pod of dolphin follow in our wake for 10 min. We had a great day on the water, and, except for an hour or two lul, we caught fish the entire day. The water was pretty quiet and it was def hot and humid. The back cover helped when we put it down. Louis made ceviche from several Bonita. He was a great mate and let me help with the poles and showed me how he rigged the bait. Very engaging and fun to chat with. The only negative was I specifically asked Pete if we could Marlin fish when I booked the trip. That’s really what I wanted to do. I’ve heard Marlin fishing is great this time of year in Mexico but that wasn’t the plan at all. Wish I had known so I wasn’t disappointed because the day was amazing.

pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Cindy first and foremost thank you so much for coming out with us and having a great day. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Most people don't. Glad to hear you guys caught so many fish and the crew was very attentive to your fishing needs and helping you rig the poles. We are the number one charter company because our crews work hard to help clients catch fish. You said you guys caught 16 bonitas. That's fantastic. Did you also know where you catch bonitas that's where you will find Marlin. The bonitas are their favorite food of choice. Glad you had a great day and hope to see yall again sometime
Tight lines

Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and a friend booked with Captain Pete for 6 hours out in Banderas Bay, we didn't get any big ones, but Pete got us on some fish and we were reeling something in every 15 minutes it seemed like. Around noon the deckhand filleted a skipjack, bonita, and mackerel and made fresh ceviche for lunch. It was probably the best meal we had while in PVR. Book with Captain Pete and you won't regret it! Friendly guy, great boat, and an awesome time on the water!

Hi guys
It was my pleasure to take yall out for fun day.
Glad to hear the crew took good care of yall.
The guys make the best cerchive in Puerto Vallarta and everyone loves it. The recipe is on the website. I look forward to seeing you guys again. Thanks for taking time to write a review.
Fishful thinking

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After reading so many awesome reviews, my group and I were overly excited about our 8 hour offshore trip with Captain Pete's fishing charter, and just knew it was going to be the highlight of our vacation.
Unfortunately, it was not.
I would like to start by saying we are no strangers to offshore fishing.
Captain Pete did not go with us on our trip, we only found this out the morning of our charter.The first 5 hours of the charter, the four of us sat on the back of the boat, and were not engaged with at all by either crew members.
We circled the same spot for 4-5 hours, and had no bites at all. At approx 1pm, Juan came downstairs to let us know we were going to head back to the marina, and troll the rest of the way back. At that time, the awning over the back was finally placed down to protect us from the sun a bit, and Juan engaged us in conversation a little bit. We made it all the way back to the marina, when a nice gentleman in a boat next to us advised that bullfish were in the area.
The last 30 minutes of the trip, we caught 3 bullfish. This would've been great, however, 2 of the 3 reels that were being used had malfunctioning clutches. It was very aggravating to have line continuously freespooling out with a realtively small fish d/t malfunctioning equipment.
I am familiar with the fact that the sport is fishing, and somedays are slow, however, crew members could've done a much better job, heck anything, to try to engage with us a little more, to make our trip fun and enjoyable, whether we were catching fish or not. Some of the equipment was falty, and the only lunch we were offered was raw ceviche from a bonita that was caught. I'm glad we brought our own snacks for the trip.
Just overall not pleased with the charter.

2  Thank Brittanni B

Miss Brittanni B.
thank you so much for coming out with us and of course your review. I personally sent you a private message to see what the problem could be but did Not get an answer. I gave you my toll free number but did not get a call from you ?? We love to take out people that have not fished offshore and want to learn and people like you that are very knowledgeable ( no strangers to offshore fishing ). First we use 2 speed AVETS REELS which are very expensive and the best gear you can buy on the market for offshore fishing ! So to say the were not working is just not true. Why in the world would you say this ?? We have over 20 rods and reels on the boat. Why would the crew put out 2 reels that were not working ? JUST NOT TRUE. On every trip we offer to put out BIMINI THAT COVERS THE STERN OF THE BOAT IN THE AFTERNOON as most clients want some sun early. The ones that do not want sun are smart enough to walk in the COVERED CARPETED SALON AREA THAT SEATS 6 PEOPLE COMFORTABLY only 2 steps away from where you were seated. Most of the folks we take out are very happy to catch 3 large game fish in one day along with several other small game fish. The crew was there to help you and clients to catch fish. To say they did not engage you is not true. I'm VERY HAPPY MY CREW MADE CERCHIVE FOR YOU AND GUESTS with some of the fish you caught. WE INCLUDE THE CERCHIVE FOR FREE WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED ON MOST CHARTERS. NEITHER IS LUNCH !! If you will send me an email where we said lunch is included I'LL REFUND YOUR FULL AMOUNT OF THIS CHARTER !! But we both know this is not true. We never include lunch but ASK ALL OUR CLIENTS IF THEY WOULD LIKE SOMETHING AT THE RESTRAURANT WHERE WE BUY THE ICE EACH DAY BEFORE LEAVING THE DOCK. WHY WOULD WE OFFER A LUNCH THAT WAS NOT INCLUDED.
One last comment about your knowledge of offshore fishing, when you GO OUT ON ONE OF THE BEST CHARTER BOATS IN PUERTO VALLARTA AND TELL PEOPLE ABOUT FALTY GEAR ( WHICH IS NOT TRUE )
,CATCHING A LOT OF FISH AND RECIEVEING FREE FOOD, ONE HOUR OF EXTRA TIME ON THE BOAT GIVEN TO YOU BY MY CREW YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF BLESSED, and enjoy the day.
God Bless
Capt. Pete and crews
PS. the crew said to tell you thank you for the 100 pesos tip and the 100 dollar tip the other couple left. sounds like they had a blast

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great trip with Capt Pete. I've fished many, many times all over Mexico. He is hands down the most personable and attentive. He makes sure you have a good time. While you don't always catch fish, you can tell the captains that try their best. However.... we caught fish!!! Big Black Marlin on your birthday and a pink birthday cake....what could be better. I will definitely be back.

pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Terry
thanks for coming out with us and taking time to let others know about you Puerto Vallarta fishing charters with us. I take out all kinds of folks through out the year, young people, people who have never fished and hardcore fishing anglers. It was a pleasure to fish with you and what a great job you did landing that marlin. You are on of those people that know their way around the boat and fishing. I know you said you had caught many fish before on numerous trips. It showed on the way you handled yourself catching the 400 lb marlin. Hope we can hook up again on another trip.
Stay in touch