“Fishing on the Dos Amigos!! Ya Brother....”

Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete
More attraction details
Owner description: The only American owned and operated charter company in Puerto Vallarta that offers deep sea fishing and other boat cruises. Winner of Sailfish and dorado divisions in 2014 Fishing tournament. Seen on ESPN and other fishing shows.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son and I went fishing with Capt Pete and staff on July 20, 2013 and we had a great trip. We caught Dorado, Tuna, and Pargo. We fished the island of La Corbetena and it was a perfect place to fish that day. We saw bait fish every where in the water and we even saw giant Tuna (100+lbs) jumping out of the water and eating flying fish. Early on in the trip we saw 500 or so dolphins spinning and jumping out of the water and we caught some tuna in between them. I have never seen so many dolphins in the water at one time. Capt Pete's deck hand is a true master of his craft and I wish I could remember his name because he deserves major credit for our great fishing day. You can't beat fishing with Capt Pete on the Dos Amigos in PV.

5  Thank bjdyer24
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2015

DJ
what a fun day and look forward to the next time yall are down here.
You guys did a great job landing all those fish.
Hope the fish was good at the restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went out on the Dos Amigos for our second trip with Capt Pete. It was better than the first. We caught even more fish and the Capt and his mate couldn't have assisted us any more than they did. What a marvelous trip, saw whales, saw dolphins, saw lots of fish, caught a lot of fish, the h'orderves on the boat were out of this world. Pacifico Beer was grand! Just outstanding. Recommend this highly if you are visiting Puerto Vallarta.

9  Thank 861Mariner5

Thank you for sailing with us on Dos Amigos
it was quite a day with everything you got to see
and all the fish.
Hope yall can come out again soon
Capt. Pete
ps yall have been coming out now for over 10 years ??

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I decided on Captain Pete due to the positive feedback on the site. I was not disappointed. A friend of mine came with me and we caught 8 30lb+ yellowfin, as well as 4 of some other smaller blue fish. We took the 8 hour tour on Dos Amigos and tipped 100$. They had about 12 baby pacificos, which we drank all of, but they had more inside the cabin.

I was completely smashed when I called him the day before. I called him twice and was so drunk I didn't remember what marina/pier he was at and had to call him again the day of. Captain Pete was super laid back and relaxed. He wasn't bothered by it at all. He offered great confidence and was totally chilled. As a young guy (in my 20's) with a friend, I had a blast. The boat was good enough size to fit 4 people comfortably. I wouldn't go any larger than that. He went the extra mile to make us happy. His deck hand (named Vibra) was an incredible fisherman. He caught a fish every time he threw it out. Too bad it's not cheap or easy to ship all that fish home. I would have loved to kept it.

Highly recommended. Reserve with confidence of a willing, able and caring captain and deck hand. Will do it again next time I visit Vallarta.

3  Thank wulfsburg
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2015

what a fantastic day on the water with you guys. Glad you guys had a blast and I will see next time you are down here in Puerto Vallarta.
Tight Lines
capt. pete

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went out on Dos Amigos with Capt. Pedro and a group of friends. Was not prepared for what we would see. Peter was able to get us up close and personal with a group of whales for about 6hrs! We even followed a mother and her new calf which was simply majestic. The food was great, the cervezas frio and I couldn't stop smiling all day :)

Muchos gracias Pedro!!

3  Thank MariaYYC

Leanne
you are my favorite clients of all time. The folks you bring along are fun but you are the life of the party. I'll see you again soon and thanks again for spending the day with me on Dos Amigos

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Captain Pete and his crew know how to catch fish and show you a good time! We had a group of 9 aboard his roomy fishing boat. There was plenty of room and the boat could have accommodated more! Not only did we catch world class tuna, but we also saw every kind of wildlife you could imagine. We saw whales, turtles, dolphins, and every kind of sea bird! I have been on a lot of fishing charters, but none compare to Captain Peters Dos Amigos. They go the extra mile to catch you fish and make sure you are having fun doing it. He not only caught us a lot of fish, but we also landed 2 tuna over 150#. I would recommend this chater to anyone wanting to catch a lot of fish and have fun doing it!

3  Thank Erich S

Thank you so much for coming out fishing with us on Dos Amigos
We had a great time and glad to hear everyone was happy about
the big tunas