“Dos Amigos Sparkles”

Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The only American owned and operated charter company in Puerto Vallarta that offers deep sea fishing ,whale watching, snorkeling and boat cruises of all kinds in Mexico. Winner of Sailfish , Marlin and dorado divisions in 2018 Fishing tournament. Seen on ESPN and other fishing shows. Fish with the pros and see the difference . Voted top fishing charters on Forbes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went out on the Dos Amigos for our second trip with Capt Pete. It was better than the first. We caught even more fish and the Capt and his mate couldn't have assisted us any more than they did. What a marvelous trip, saw whales, saw dolphins, saw lots of fish, caught a lot of fish, the h'orderves on the boat were out of this world. Pacifico Beer was grand! Just outstanding. Recommend this highly if you are visiting Puerto Vallarta.

9  Thank 861Mariner5
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2015

Thank you for sailing with us on Dos Amigos
it was quite a day with everything you got to see
and all the fish.
Hope yall can come out again soon
Capt. Pete
ps yall have been coming out now for over 10 years ??

All reviews
"capable hands"
"yellow tail"
"la cruz"

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I decided on Captain Pete due to the positive feedback on the site. I was not disappointed. A friend of mine came with me and we caught 8 30lb+ yellowfin, as well as 4 of some other smaller blue fish. We took the 8 hour tour on Dos Amigos and tipped 100$. They had about 12 baby pacificos, which we drank all of, but they had more inside the cabin.

I was completely smashed when I called him the day before. I called him twice and was so drunk I didn't remember what marina/pier he was at and had to call him again the day of. Captain Pete was super laid back and relaxed. He wasn't bothered by it at all. He offered great confidence and was totally chilled. As a young guy (in my 20's) with a friend, I had a blast. The boat was good enough size to fit 4 people comfortably. I wouldn't go any larger than that. He went the extra mile to make us happy. His deck hand (named Vibra) was an incredible fisherman. He caught a fish every time he threw it out. Too bad it's not cheap or easy to ship all that fish home. I would have loved to kept it.

Highly recommended. Reserve with confidence of a willing, able and caring captain and deck hand. Will do it again next time I visit Vallarta.

3  Thank wulfsburg
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2015

what a fantastic day on the water with you guys. Glad you guys had a blast and I will see next time you are down here in Puerto Vallarta.
Tight Lines
capt. pete

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went out on Dos Amigos with Capt. Pedro and a group of friends. Was not prepared for what we would see. Peter was able to get us up close and personal with a group of whales for about 6hrs! We even followed a mother and her new calf which was simply majestic. The food was great, the cervezas frio and I couldn't stop smiling all day :)

Muchos gracias Pedro!!

3  Thank MariaYYC

Leanne
you are my favorite clients of all time. The folks you bring along are fun but you are the life of the party. I'll see you again soon and thanks again for spending the day with me on Dos Amigos
Capt. Pete

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Captain Pete and his crew know how to catch fish and show you a good time! We had a group of 9 aboard his roomy fishing boat. There was plenty of room and the boat could have accommodated more! Not only did we catch world class tuna, but we also saw every kind of wildlife you could imagine. We saw whales, turtles, dolphins, and every kind of sea bird! I have been on a lot of fishing charters, but none compare to Captain Peters Dos Amigos. They go the extra mile to catch you fish and make sure you are having fun doing it. He not only caught us a lot of fish, but we also landed 2 tuna over 150#. I would recommend this chater to anyone wanting to catch a lot of fish and have fun doing it!

3  Thank Erich S

Thank you so much for coming out fishing with us on Dos Amigos
We had a great time and glad to hear everyone was happy about
the big tunas
Until next time
Capt.Pete

See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Captain Pete and his crew did an excellent job putting together a two day trip, for myself and another party of two. The big tuna and larger fish are off shore around 80 miles, this time of year, so we had to burn a little diesel to catch "The big ones." Prior to our charter on "Dos Amigos" (The name of his 40 ft. boat) Pete arranged another trip for me. I was in town less than 24 hours, and he was booked, my first morning, in Puerto Vallarta. I had never been there before, and after just two phone calls and one email, he picked me up at 7:00AM, and had me on another charter boat for a full day of fishing. I appreciate what he did for me, and I'm glad we got out the following day, on a two day trip, for the big Fish.

3  Thank Lee S
pvsail, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Fishing - Capt Pete, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2015

Lee
it was a pleasure to help you with another boat. I help hundreds of folks every year here in Vallarta. The fish you caught was a ONCE IN A LIFETIME FISH
Until ya come out with us again
What a fun trip and can't wait to do another one like that
Capt. Pete and crew