“Excelent services and location,”
Review of Vallarta Shores

Vallarta Shores
Ranked #3 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Excelent services and location,”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed at Vallarta Shores on several occasions . The staff is very attentive. The location is perfect if you love the beach. Although the building is older, they keep up making sure all our needs were met, I am staying again next February, just because they are consistent in making our stay a relax , worry free vacation,

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Jrrdds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed June 26, 2014

What a charming place, clean, so nicely decorated and the staff was courteous and very efficient.
We could walk to all the restaurants and shops old-town. Such a convenient location. Loved walking along the beach walk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anke B
Orange County
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a nice location at the end of the Playa de Los Muertos. The staff is courteous but if you notice it is a pet friendly hotel. SO that being said, there were two dogs barking all the time when they were left alone in the room. It was quite an annoyance and yes the construction is going on next door so if the noise fromm the dogs or the noise from the construction doesnt bother you then it is an okay hotel

Room Tip: #4 which has a 2 bedroom has no a/c in the second bedroom
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank luv2travelforfun
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Vallarta Shores is located at the southern tip of the most cohesive(read: less walking in this area to reach old town) cluster of hotels in the Romantic Zone/Playa Los Muertos, so it is private and close to the old town by walking (I recommend the beach, in order to avoid hills) or a 20-40 peso taxi ride around one block. I was terrified Playa Los Muertos' aesthetics would disappoint, but I found it to be quite stunning and was lucky to stay here at its southern tip. I walked from here to the pier via the beach in minutes(a stunning walk).

Rooms here are huge and amazing(hot water instantly, huge quarters, separate rooms). The patios here are fabulous as well(stunning views of the beach below, yet private). I stayed on the third floor in the middle suite, then on the second floor near the pool. Generally indistinguishable, but I did miss my sweeping view of PLM the last few days. Few of the nice hotels here have nice gyms, so I wouldn't factor this in. The pool was private but small, so I didn't use it.

Located in front of the hotel is one of the most beautiful swimming bays(bring goggles... salt water this side of mexico) on Playa LM. Local kids love to play soccer and swim near this bay, but I rarely saw hawkers. Vallarta Shores is small and directly past the mega-resorts, so I often read alone on the beach with all (6 of so) beach chairs to myself.

FOOD: The one (yellow?) restaurant nearby (beside the beach club, which is now complete and quite nice) is a tourist trap with good drinks, bad food and beautiful views. Avoid said food. This was the first beach restaurant I've hated in years, but others along the beach were superb. I very much enjoyed Kaiser Maximilian and Daquiri Dicks(and every taco stand around lol). Definitely try Andale's. For tacos, Mar y Tierra at Francia 101 col Versalles is definitely the best in town(ask any local). Btw, the "amazing pier restaurants" mostly aren't that appealing (I liked Old Town ones near Basillo Badillo more). Seafood Burritos are a must-try.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank jjaylad
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We absolutely loved our first visit to Vallarta Shores. The rooms are spacious and clean, the decor is authentic and the view is amazing. It is a quick walk to all the downtown action. Infact, we walked everywhere and saved on taxis. We elected to have a private chef for our group and that was the best decision ever! He worked out a menu with us, shopped for groceries and prepared some of the best dishes I have ever tasted. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Suites are amazing if you budget allows. Private pool, etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank StacyMc71
Fairfax, California
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We returned to our favorite condo hotel in Puerto Vallarta. We like this hotel for it spacious rooms and authentic Mexican decor. It's located steps from the ocean and vibrant old town P.V. We never needed the A.C. because we had a sea breeze. It was prefect.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms offer large balconies from which to enjoy your sunset cocktail.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Margaret Y
Chicago
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Myself and two friends just visiting and stayed in Suite 5 which was really a great space. Mind you we're three guys in our 30's and we weren't looking for a luxury condo, just something on the beach and close to downtown. The unit was great if not needing a bit of upkeep, but whatever. The view would have been fantastic as well aside from construction on a new beach club literally 25 feet from our balcony which started every morning at 8:30am and went all day long till 6:30pm. This was my only gripe with the place, I really feel like management should have told us about this in advance as it was a significant annoyance to hear construction workers hollering, whistling, hammering, and hear a cement tumbler going all day long--so forget about an afternoon siesta!
The staff was very nice and very helpful, I'd definitely recommend the place. We saw the unit above ours with the pool and it was great but not heated and a bit small.
All in all my only concern was how I felt a bit duped by management not informing us of the construction in advance. With that knowledge I probably would have changed hotels.

Room Tip: Not sure how else you would have known about the construction, management should have put out a cave...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends