“Best 1st Mexican Vacation”
Review of Vallarta Shores

Vallarta Shores
Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Hawesville, Kentucky, United States
“Best 1st Mexican Vacation”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The pictures on the website are very accurate and once you arrive is so much better. Most relaxing wonderful place. The beach was clean and private. Vallarta Shores employees made it feel like home. I was afraid PV would not be safe... but I felt very safe and relaxed. A group of 6 of us recently stayed in Penthouse A. Daniel in the lobby was great at speaking English and helping us negotiate cab fare. When my room air gave out...Daniel and Rodrigo made sure after a day at the beach my room was cool and clean. Rodrigo was our chef. He would take our food list the night prior and in the morning the fridge was stocked. Rodrigo went above and beyond his job title of chef and took us during the weekend to local beaches and allowed us to experience the true authentic Mexican culture. The town, food, hotel, pool, beach all exceeded my expectation!. Only advice is when coming through the airport...keep walking till the middle where you hit the taxi stand..prepay..then exit. Do not get intimidated by the timeshare salesman. Don't worry about being polite..just keep walking. Also, when on the beach, and a vendor is selling, they do not get their feelings hurt if you just nod your head with no gracias. Lastly, only use an approved ATM inside the bank Rodrigo takes you to..we went to one by the market and well....we all had funds taken from acct upon stateside and had to cancel our cards.

4 Thank Carie V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Park City, Utah
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sooo happy w the whole experience that this hotel had to offer... I have been in the restaurant and customer service industry my whole life and everything about this hotel is Top Notch!! We rented the Penthouse A (The best spot in this hotel), the space, the location, the pool, the rooms, the bed, the pillows, the air conditioned rooms, the staff (both front and cleaning), the view were all incredible... We also hired the Chef Rodrigo Lopez to cook two meals a day for us and this actually made our trip 10 times better... Rodrigo was so much more than a Chef to us and he became my friend.. Trust me, hire him!!! I will be coming back to this hotel at least once a year for the rest of my life and will be sending my friends and family always... To the entire staff of Vallarta Shores - THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: Penthouse A!!!
6 Thank TurboWowowo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love Vallarta Shores and stay there exclusively. The staff becomes like family very quickly. Friendly and helpful. VS has a unique charm that I've experienced no where else. It's like a home away from home. Thank you Daniel and all of you for another amazing trip!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in all sorts of rooms - I especially love Penthouse A.
2 Thank Christopher L
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our anniversary vacation at Vallarta Shores. We loved the mexican charm and listening to the surf just feet from our balcony. Our room decor was quaint and having a kitchen allowed us to wake up late, drink coffee on our veranda and cook romantic breakfasts. This is a small hotel with a great staff that made you feel welcome from the minute you arrived. It's exceptionally clean with everything you need. There's a pool if the surf is rough and iguanas to make friends with as long as you feed them red hibiscus flowers. We can't wait to go back. L&J, San Diego

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank John_LeslieSanDiego
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been staying at Vallarta Shores for years and it just keeps getting better. It is like a second home. The place is a palace and you immediately feel welcome and at home. The views are priceless, the beach at your front door, and the sunsets are priceless. Thank you Daniel and the VS crew for yet another great stay. See you soon!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Smcobn
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you want the ultimate rest & relaxation Vallarta Shores is the place. Immerse yourself in Spanish charm on a quiet dead end road with your beach front Condo. The views are outstanding. We rented the 2 penthouses with a group of 10. Two pools, two chefs, great maid service & Daniel the manager arranged for massages for us the 1st
day we were there so we melted into our vacation immediately! We wanted for nothing. Our chefs Rodrigo & Elle were amazing & we when we tried to
clear the table to help them... they just said.."you are on vacation leave it!" What a treat to have a condo experience without the cooking & cleaning!
Daniel will help you with any excursions you want to do or just leave you to relax the days away. This was my 7th trip to Vallarta shores over the years & it
still does not disappoint. I highly recommend this place to anyone & of course keep introducing all my friends to the experience. Will come back again & again!

Shannon Portland, OR

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shannon M
Kalama, Washington
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was my second trip to VS. There were 10 of us that went down and reserved both penthouses. Everyone had such a great time. It's so convenient to have your own chef's, your own kitchen, your own pool, and all of this at an affordable oceanfront condo/hotel. Our chef's (Rodrigo and Ellie) were amazing. We ate like kings, but did not spend a fortune to do this. We are all looking forward to our next trip. Can't wait!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends