“Perfect beach location, safe & friendly staff”
Review of Vallarta Shores

and 1 more site!
Vallarta Shores
Ranked #3 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Been to this property several times and enjoyed location, which at the end of a long street. Close to old part of town but far away from the congested beach seen this near this property. The layout is a single floor with 2 bedroom, small kitchen, and living room, and two bath rooms. Fits easily 3 people and there is a small kitchen, stove, and coffee machine. We recommend that you make sure stove & coffee machine is functional. The property needs updating but most of Mexico does, and this is not the Hilton, Ritz, Four Season or new resort/spa that can be found at other property. She get a classic Mexican style property that is safe, and has friendly staff. You have free wifi, TV, and maid service. The hot water was out for several days, but the owner did call me at my office after I returned to the US and was very sorry for this. A water line issue. At night you can hear the ocean and we left our balcony doors open.
I recommend you rent above the ground floor, and also note no elevators, therefore, the second floor is the best. Beds are firm but comfortable. Recommend going to the local stores in new part of town to pick of groceries (like water), and avoid the grocery store located in the old town. Many great places to eat in walking range.
Overall, I have a good experience, like before, and would return to this property.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor. Stay on second, the best. Make sure you have ocean view with balcony. Also, ma...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank gsahagun

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Well, I just stayed at the Vallarta Shores again from 2/25 - 2/29/12 w a different group of friends. I had tried to get my friend to change the reservation to a newer/more modern/better maintained condo or hotel, but to no avail. Well, after this experience, he realized that he should have listened to me! The Vallarta Shores is still has some good qualities, including a great beach front location & charming country Mexican decor. We really liked the small private beach area (w palapas & chairs) right in front of the bldg, which was quiet, pretty, & serene. The staff are nice, but not always very effective. We stayed in unit #2 this time, & I MUCH preferred this unit to #5. The main difficulty we had was that we had NO hot water for the last 1 1/2 days! This was very annoying & inconvenient. My friend, who speaks fluent Spanish, asked the staff multiple times to resolve this problem, but we still had no hot water the day we checked out. This bldg could be very very nice if they could only invest the $ to upgrade & repair it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank hirogreen
vsmanager, Manager at Vallarta Shores, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

We are truly sorry and apologize to our guests for any inconvienience the water outage has caused. A busted intake valve caused main cisterne to run dry. Fixed within 30 hrs.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My partner and I just returned from having one of our best vacations .We stayed 2 weeks. Being able to walk from our spacious "Villa Style " 2 bedroom suite, right in front of the beach, to Vallarta's best restaurants & the colonial section of Old Vallarta was an added plus. The staff was always there when needed. Can't wait to go back !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Margaret Y
Reviewed February 18, 2012

In the early part of January, I spent a week at Vallarta Shores hotel. I am legally blind and found the hotel to be very accommodating to my condition. I can see movement although a bit blurry. Unlike another hotel we almost stayed at who advertised, "Beach Side", Vallarta Shores is DIRECTLY on the beach, We stayed in unit #7 and I must say this was perfect for me! I could relax on the terrace, watching the movement on the beach, the people, the waves and most of all the sunsets. The condo is multi-level, so I thought I would have difficulty moving around, but the colorful decorations throughout were very helpful!

When they attentive staff noticed my condition, they asked if binoculars would help and offered a pair to me. I tried them and they helped a lot! Still was not able to make things out clearly. But now at least the view was close up!

At night, I was able to hear the waves and the beach dancing together, sleeping like a baby every night.

The staff are very personable and helpful. Daniel and Ruben, Paty and Felix especially!

We have made reservations for next year as we want to be sure we have unit 7 again.

We highly recommend Vallarta Shores hotel

Room Tip: Best to arrange your pets ahead of time. Number 7 is the best!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kandi K
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We just returned from our 11Th visit to Vallarta Shores. We stayed a total of 17 days. The first 7 nights in Penthouse A with family and friends. For the final 10 days (with our company gone) we moved to Suite #4, a beautiful spacious room with a wonderful view of the beach. You are just steps away from the ocean.

We loved the private balcony, a perfect place to have a meal, drink, read a book, or just people watch. We actually sighted whales several times breaching not 200 yards from our balcony! With the sounds of the waves and the ocean breeze, it was a wonderful, romantic vacation.

Jorge, Ruben & staff are fantastic people. They make Vallatra Shores the place to stay while in PV. The take such great care of us. We have already booked our vacation for next year with them.

Room Tip: We loved Suite #4
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2KOOKS
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Just returned from a week stay at Vallarta Shores (in one of the 3 bedroom Penthouses) and it was one of the best vacations ever! The open air unit was incredible and was so conducive to relaxing. Each bedroom and bathroom was extremely spacious and clean, and the private pool was the icing on the cake. One of the best parts of the experience was having an incredible chef (Rodrico) - who made us wonderful meals each day. All the staff at Vallarta Shores were very pleasant and helpful. We loved the place so much that upon our departure, we reserved the same unit for next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Peter C
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am going to start off this review misstating I will without a doubt stay at Vallartta shores again. To begin the location is perfect. Sitting only feet away of Los Muertos beach. Even though this is located at one of the busiest beaches this is in a quiet location.

I stayed into rooms. I stayed in Suite 4 and penthouse B. I will begin with Suite 4. The room is huge. It has a great kitchen area fully stocked with plates and every kitchen item you would need. The room is decorated in the Mexican-style. To me that is a positive. I prefer something that looks less like something from Miami Beach and something that looks like it belongs in Mexico. The bedroom was large and the bed was comfortable. My only major complaint about this room is the horrible musty be odor. It hits you as soon as you open the door.

For the majority my trip we stayed in the penthouse B. The outdoor space here is incredible. A large open kitchen with a breakfast bar. Full-size refrigerator and all major appliances except for a dishwasher. Was not all that important because one of the amenities to renting the penthouse is your own private chef. Our chefs name was Roderigo.

The penthouse had three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Each room was about the same size. There were all large and very comfortable. The bathrooms were large with very big showers with great water pressure. The beds were some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in anywhere in Mexico. The musty odor was not an issue in the penthouse.

Now comes all my nitpicking with the penthouse. The penthouse worn. It is definitely in need of an update. It is not that anything was broken but nothing seemed new or updated recently.

I have read other reviews that complained about the ants. Having been to Puerto Vallarta seven times and talking to friends who own condos there this is a common and almost inevitable problem. The only time we ran into the ants was when leaving out tooth brushes or food.

Having a pool on our own balcony was a great plus. The downside it was heated and way too hot. Penthouse B does not get more than about three hours of sun throughout the course of the day on the balcony.

Now about the best part of renting the penthouse. It was Roderigo our chef. Not only did he prepare some incredible meals he was pleasant and personable. He is the major factor of why my friends and I plan on coming back and staying here again. I thought I would miss going out to the great restaurants. I did not miss them at all his food was so much better and we saved a ton of money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends