“Ground Unit = Noise & Safety concerns...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Vallarta Shores

Vallarta Shores
Ranked #3 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Edmonton, Canada
“Ground Unit = Noise & Safety concerns...”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was our second time staying at Vallarta Shores, we chose ground level unit one. We decided on that as the other units were too big for my wife and our 11 year old son. Hindsight, we would have paid the extra money for the bigger units upstairs or would have rather took the other ground level unit. Unit 1 has its windows, where everyone can see right into the unit, the other ground level unit (unit 2) has its windows high, so that is not an issue. You definetly here alot more noise on the ground level unit, and one night walking back, 3 mexicans in an SUV, were cat calling at my wife and ended up parking in front of Vallarta Shores and decided to smoke a fatty and crank the music with the doors open for about half an hour. There is a chain link in front of Vallarta Shores, but it was not locked or even up, which would have prevented this from happening. The ground unit is not a good option at all! We also had problems with no hot water, 4 days of no hot water out of a 9 day stay. They assured us they were addressing the problem, a maintence man did come into the unit, but it still took 4 days to get hot water. My wife and I could handle it, but for our special needs son, cold showers don't do very well with him. The staff is always friendly at Vallarta Shores and that is a big plus.

Room Tip: DO NOT take the ground level unit..
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kirby2109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed at Vallarta Shores for a week in January 2010, Unit #2. I fell in love with the place the moment we stepped out of the taxi. No highrise hotel here. It`s a charming little gem on the beach. My idea of a Perfect Getaway! All the staff were so welcoming.....especially Rueben! I love you Rueben!! (hope I have the correct spelling of your name) He told us where to shop for groceries and gave us lots of suggestions for day trips. Plus, he made me laugh every day!
Our unit (#2) was perfect. It really feels like you`re staying at a friends place...not a cold, run of the mill hotel room. It had SOUL! We found it spotlessly clean, the kitchen fully stocked, comfy beds and the most spectacular view from our balcony where I spent many hours enjoying the crashing waves.Which brings me to my next point. I have read someother reviews of people complaining about the "loud noise" of the waves keeping them up all night...you're kidding right?!!! For me, they were the best lullaby I've ever heard. I still hear them in my dreams.
This as my first visit to P.V. and thanks to Vallarta Shores and all the warm people of P.V. it will definately not be my last. I'm happy to say that we are heading back next week. I can already hear those crashing waves. CAN'T WAIT!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kelly H
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We very recently stayed in Vallarta Shores Unit #5 for 5 nights. The location is fantastic - it's oceanfront at the southern end of Playa de los Muertos. It was a short walk or cab ride to wherever we wanted to go. The staff are generally nice & fairly helpful. The decor is traditional country Mexican, & the views of the beach/ocean are great. It's a split level 2BR condo. The master is on the main floor & has a wall AC unit. The 2nd BR is a loft, w a very narrow metal spiral staircase leading up to it. The loft is very roomy & has it's own bathroom, but the ceiling is extremely low! I'm pretty short, & even I noticed how close my head was to the ceiling. The loft does NOT have AC, & there are 2 windows that are permanently open to the outside w/o screens, which allows bugs/mosquitoes to come/go as they please. There is only a very loud, old fan mounted to the wall, which didn't cool the room much is kept me awake w the noise. The beds are VERY hard, & they definitely need to get new pillows (mine smelled awful). But it was reasonably priced, which was much appreciated. Oh, & just a word of warning & potential visitors to PV, beware of no-see-ums (also known as midges & sand flies), which are very small blood sucking parasites! We were terrorized by these nasty pests, which bit us mult times, mostly on the feet/ankles/legs, leaving mult large ugly extremely itchy welts. You don't even know you've been till that night or the next day. We spent mucho pesos on Off spray & mosquito coils!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank hirogreen
London, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I'll be back! I was there in November but missed it so much when I got home that I had to go back. I returned for another month in March. Next year, I'll be there all season! The ambiance, the employees, the sounds of the waves pounding outside my window and pet friendly!! What more could I ask!!!???

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank davinciris
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed in Penthouse A and it was amazing! The chef service was incredible. Every morning he showed up at our door to make our breakfast and he always stopped on his way over to pick up fresh squeezed orange juice. We would go on our adventures during the day and then come back to a great prepared meal at night. We had first class meals and it was so much more affordable than eating out. The pictures on the website say it all. It was everything we expected and more. The location is great too. Easy to walk to anything you want and easy access to public transportation. It is also at a deadend so it is quiet . The waves rock you to sleep at night. I loved the open air living. You actually feel like you are sleeping on the beach. We had 3 adults and 2 teenagers and it was perfect! We walked in the first day and I asked my friend to pinch me because it was too good to be true. And our chef was there to greet us with fresh guacamole and salsa. It would be a great place to take a group of friends or even have a retreat and never leave the room. The view is awesome and the sunsets everynight were breathtaking!

Room Tip: Penthouse with chef service is the best!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank BMeans
Ironton, MO
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This was our 10th visit to Vallarta Shores. Everything was wonderful. It was like coming home after not seeing your family for a whole year. We love PV! Jorge, Ruben and the rest of the staff are top notch. We already have reservations for next year and can't wait to return.

Chris & Kellie
2KOOKS

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2KOOKS
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The service that Jorge and the staff provided us was top notch!
They were very knowledgeable about local restuarants, bars, nightclubs and activities
The room was beautifully decorated, with all the amenities I desired. The WiFi worked great with my laptop, allowing me to stay in touch (and make my friends very jealous of the view from my web cam).
The location was very quiet, and provided a beautiful view of the phenominal sunsets.
The beach, that was only foot steps away, was one of the nicest beaches I have ever been on.
I highly recommend Vallarta Shores to anyone visiting Puert Vallarta.
Besides it's beauty, it was very affordable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple