“Great Dive Company”
Review of PV Sea Dive

PV Sea Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta Sea Dive. We are a Padi affiliated dive resort here in Puerto Vallarta. So if you fancy going scuba diving, snorkelling or whale watching, we can accommodate. All our equipment and dive boat is brand new and the service is fresh and dynamic. If you are not yet a diver our master instructors can introduce you into the fantastic underwater world. We can teach all Padi certifications, specialties and divemaster internships. Our mission is to give you the best day we can on your vacation.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Dive Company”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Spent most of the day scuba diving with Sue, Marc and Joey. They know how to make the experience fun and safe. They know the good dive spots and share their knowledge of the area. Captain Carlos got us safely there and back to the marina. I highly recommend PV Sea Dive whether your new or experienced at Scuba Diving.

Visited July 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great trip”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went with Sue, Marc, and crew snorkeling. They were great!!! They were all about safety, fun and taking in the highlights of the Puerto Vallarta waters. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wanted to drive or snorkel. We will definitely do it again if we come back to PV.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best Dive in Town”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is my second trip with PV Sea Dive, just today 6/26/14. The last trip was in November of 2012. And the trip was just a wonderful today as the first time. Sue, Carlos and Mark are tops. The atmosphere is welcoming, safe, informative and all about enjoying the wonderful environment of the Banderas Bay. Whether for snorkeling or SCUBA diving, there's no better trip around!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My girlfriend and I had never dived before and were interested in trying on our trip to PV. I searched on tripadvisor and PV Sea Dive seemed to have the best reviews - now I know why! This experience was everything that these reviews said it would be. Booking was quick and easy, and competitively priced.

We were nervous heading to their practice pool, but once we got there, our instructor marc was relaxed and friendly, and we settled down right away. The pool lesson was quick and easy - went through the basics, got a little practice, and got excited for our dive two days later.

The dive itself was amazing! We did two 35 minute dives, the first at Los Arcos, the second off the shore at Mismaloya. The crew - Sue, Marc, Carlos, Silent Chris, and dive-master in training Joey - kept everything safe, easy, and lighthearted. Once we were in the water - clear and about 85 degrees - all we had to was follow marc and enjoy ourselves. Instructors were 1:1 the whole time we were in the water, and I felt completely safe every minute. On our first dive, I saw a manta ray, and on the second, a sea turtle! This was on top of all the fish and crabs and eels and even a free diver with a spear. It was like swimming around in an aquarium tank - just amazing.

Even the time on the boat between dives was great - funny banter, snacks by Sue, and amazing views of the foggy mountains of Puerto Vallarta. The PV Sea crew got me hooked on diving, and I would never even consider going with another company while in PV. Worth every cent and second!

1 Thank JWHL
Colorado Springs, Colorado
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Swimming in an Aquarium”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wow. Imagine swimming with huge schools of brightly colored tropical fish in clear warm water. No wet-suit needed. Going down deep in comfort and safety. That's what I will always remember our two days with PV Sea Dive.

Sue and Marc are both accomplished dive-masters, and Carlos is a wonderful boat captain. They are all about safety. But also about tailoring dive experiences to the customer's needs and desires. My husband and I are certified novice divers. We wanted to do some more training AND have beautiful, fun experiences. From our first contact with Sue via email from the States, we knew she was serious about seeing that our expectations were met.

So, what did we experience? Big schools of snapper and angelfish, and puffers and balloonfish. Starfish by the dozens. Moray eels peeking out of hiding spots. A spotted eagle ray. Colors and sights I'd never before seen. And an incredible sense of comfort and belonging within the undersea world.

Sue offered a training module for deep diving to 100 feet. My husband wanted to be checked out for deep diving. Not me. No way. No how. Sue (whose previous career, BTW, was as a clinical psychologist) somehow gave me such a great first day of training and fun, that by the second day, I knew that I too would attempt the deep dive. Not to brag, but with Sue and Marc's help, I nailed it! Oh, yeah, so did Hubby.

If you want a great, safe, personalized dive experience in Puerto Vallarta, I can wholeheartedly recommend PV Sea Dive.