“Scuba dive from Marina Vallarta”
Review of PV Sea Dive

PV Sea Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta Sea Dive. We are a Padi affiliated dive resort here in Puerto Vallarta. So if you fancy going scuba diving, snorkelling or whale watching, we can accommodate. All our equipment and dive boat is brand new and the service is fresh and dynamic. If you are not yet a diver our master instructors can introduce you into the fantastic underwater world. We can teach all Padi certifications, specialties and divemaster internships. Our mission is to give you the best day we can on your vacation.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Private Scuba Dive company right on the Malecon in the Marina. Boat in excellent condition with new Yamaha motor and all the latest and best equipment provided for the dive. Great care was given to ensure everything fit on each person. Owner Sue, and second mate, Mark made us feel very safe. They were so nice and friendly, couldn't do enough to make you relaxed and happy.
Fabulous time and highly recommend them. We will go again often now that we have discovered them.
Thanks guys!

PVSeaDive, Owner at PV Sea Dive, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you Peter and Rowena for your review.

I am looking forward to you both returning later this year so I can take you diving again and listen to more of your fabulous stories.

Take good care of yourselves and don´t fall off your bike this year.

Sue, Marc and Carlos

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Seriously, stop looking, and call PV Sea Dive right now (they can be tough to get), I'll wait to finish this review while you do that.

Done? Good. Now I'll make you feel comfortable with your decision:

1. They're very friendly: If you get off this boat and haven't made fast friends with everyone on it, crew and all, there's something wrong with the way you make friends. They take a genuine interest in their guests' comfort and it really shows.

2. They're Experts, capital E on that one: Sue, the owner, is a (very rare) Master Dive Instructor with years (more than she'll admit) of experience the world over with every type of diver in any situation.

3. They're safe: I wasn't really keen on diving my first time, especially after hearing some stories of the local Mexican run dive shops (see YouTube video called "Chicos Die Shop"). PV Sea Dive has a reputation around town of actually rescuing divers from other "dive shops" all the time.

4. They're way out there... In a good way! PV Sea Dive, I can tell you from 15+ dives with them over the last year or so since I started is out there much more often than anyone else around. They know the water, they know the fish, they know what's up and where to take you; every day is different.

5. They care: The PV Sea Dive divers know the local environment and take care of it. I don't think I've been on a dive where they haven't rescued a turtle from fishing line or cleaned up the local environment, which is a really cool thing to see.

6. The Crew: Let me put it this way... once, the captain stopped the boat on the way home because he thought he spotted a whale somewhere under the boat. He got us so close that we could hear the whale singing through the vibrations in the boat. It was like a movie.

7. They take their time: If you want the absolute cheapest, push tourists through type of gig: pick a different dive shop. PV Sea Dive will custom tailor each dive for each customer. If you want to go fast and cover lots of ground, or want to cover 100 feet in 50 minutes and take photos, or want to entertain your friends on the surface, they can make all of that happen.

I could go on and on, but enough said that PV Sea Dive is A+++!

Thank you Derick for you review. You are too kind.

It is always a pleasure having you on the boat and we are glad you have discovered a love of diving.

See you in March when we can get cracking on your advanced course.

Sue, Marc and Carlos

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Sue and Marc were outstanding guides. We were late to the boat and the team at PV Dive were very understanding. Marc and Sue are very knowledgeable divers and great tour-guides. The snack and sandwich after the first dive hit the spot. I will use PV Sea Dive again next time I visit Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully next time we will show up on time! :)

Thank you Jon for your review.

We are happy you enjoyed your day with us and look forward to seeing you when you return. I have made a note to tell you an earlier meet time, so no need to worry.

Sue, Marc and Carlos.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been diving in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta) for 13 years and I am convinced that PV Sea Dive is THE BEST operation in town! Sue and Marc are truly professional. After having enjoyed such an awesome day of diving with them I couldn't imagine going with anyone else. Whether you are new to the sport or a veteran, this operation is for you! I hope you read my review and book with them - you won't regret it!! I can't wait to get back in the water in PV.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I received my open water certification through PV Sea Dive in early December 2013. I was a little nervous about my new adventure but Sue and Marc quickly calmed my nerves.
Not only are Sue and Marc extremely knowledgeable and experienced BUT they are very funny. Danny and Carlos were great as well. Both days we had small groups which was great. Sue choose dive locations that would suit everyone’s skills. Sandwiches and water were provided
On both days we saw grey whales. On the first day we saw a mamma and baby. The mamma whale took my breath away when it breeched near us. It was amazing to be near such large animals. My mom was so scared that she froze as these gentle giants swam by. Which was hilarious because it was the only time during the entire trip she was not talking lol.
Thank you PV Sea Dive for being a part of this new adventure. I can’t wait to visit Puerto Vallarta again and dive with you guys.