“By far the best!!”
Review of PV Sea Dive

PV Sea Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta Sea Dive. We are a Padi affiliated dive resort here in Puerto Vallarta. So if you fancy going scuba diving, snorkelling or whale watching, we can accommodate. All our equipment and dive boat is brand new and the service is fresh and dynamic. If you are not yet a diver our master instructors can introduce you into the fantastic underwater world. We can teach all Padi certifications, specialties and divemaster internships. Our mission is to give you the best day we can on your vacation.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been diving in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta) for 13 years and I am convinced that PV Sea Dive is THE BEST operation in town! Sue and Marc are truly professional. After having enjoyed such an awesome day of diving with them I couldn't imagine going with anyone else. Whether you are new to the sport or a veteran, this operation is for you! I hope you read my review and book with them - you won't regret it!! I can't wait to get back in the water in PV.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I received my open water certification through PV Sea Dive in early December 2013. I was a little nervous about my new adventure but Sue and Marc quickly calmed my nerves.
Not only are Sue and Marc extremely knowledgeable and experienced BUT they are very funny. Danny and Carlos were great as well. Both days we had small groups which was great. Sue choose dive locations that would suit everyone’s skills. Sandwiches and water were provided
On both days we saw grey whales. On the first day we saw a mamma and baby. The mamma whale took my breath away when it breeched near us. It was amazing to be near such large animals. My mom was so scared that she froze as these gentle giants swam by. Which was hilarious because it was the only time during the entire trip she was not talking lol.
Thank you PV Sea Dive for being a part of this new adventure. I can’t wait to visit Puerto Vallarta again and dive with you guys.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I just went out to dive, relax and enjoy. PVSea handled all the equipment and the 'Chef' even made a home made lunch with munchies and water to go around. Delicious and hit the spot between dives. The crew was amazing as well -must be that awesome British humour poking though! Sue, Mark and Sue were a riot, fun yet so knowledgeable with diving and the underwater world in this particular bay and its diving spots. I saw far more than I ever would have thought in the Bay of Banderas. The boat was intimate meaning there was a 12 person limit, including PV Sea team. I liked that the organization put safety first as many dive shops do not. We stopped to watch a few turtle and took time to view whales that crossed our boat path on the way back home -an added bonus. Loved it, and if you dive in PV, this is the outfit to go with. On one dive we had a nice father and son join in -the PV Sea team had no problems accommodating a young diver with equipment and several great dives. Sue's long history and experience in diving and running dive shops and colleges, as well as teaching and training other PADI divers to be instructors, puts you in the best of hands. Fun, laughs, great food and conversation and sensational diving weather alone or as a couple, and regardless of age (starting out at 12 or older) or experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Contacted Sue before coming on my vacation to get Open water certified. I had a bad experience on my first attempt in Jamaica and she reassured me that all would be fine in PV Seadive's hands. I spent as much time as I needed with Mark in the private pool and soon realized that the Jamaica experience was not my issue but the lack of know how on their part. We went out with the crew on 3 separate days for fantastic diving. These folks are true pros with no BS.....just great fun and diving. I won't consider any other outfit on my next trip to PV!!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I chose to dive Puerto Vallarta with the crew of PV Sea Dive based on recommendations here and on ScubaBoard. I expected a professional operation. What I didn't expect was such a fun group of people. The PV Sea Dive crew love what they do, and their enthusiasm is contagious.

The boat also takes a maximum of ~6 people, which is an incredibly luxury. A small group of friends can have an entire dive crew to themselves, and that's something I've never seen elsewhere.

Our first day of diving was on an uncharacteristically rainy day in Puerto Vallarta. The entire day it was either drizzling or deluging water. Sue, Marc, and Captain Carlos never stopped smiling, cracking jokes, and generally being the sort of people who you want to travel with. Upbeat, flexible, and funny. The water on that day was pretty murky, but we still have a blast, and our dive master Mark took us on a tour of some wrecks (one housing a Hawksbill turtle) and a location called "la boca del diablo" where the sea shelf dropped off into the blackest of depths.

Our second dive day was sunny and beautiful, the water was clearer and warmer, and we had two wonderful dives. We saw sea horses, a sea snake, a giant moray eel (about 6' long!), grass eels, nudis, etc. We all had a wonderful time.

As an added bonus, Sue is a foodie and has some great advice on what to do and not do while you're in Puerto Vallarta. So far, her advice has been spot-on.

1  Thank Coyotl