“PV SEA DIVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of PV Sea Dive

PV Sea Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta Sea Dive. We are a Padi affiliated dive resort here in Puerto Vallarta. So if you fancy going scuba diving, snorkelling or whale watching, we can accommodate. All our equipment and dive boat is brand new and the service is fresh and dynamic. If you are not yet a diver our master instructors can introduce you into the fantastic underwater world. We can teach all Padi certifications, specialties and divemaster internships. Our mission is to give you the best day we can on your vacation.
Detroit, Michigan
“PV SEA DIVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Dove with PV Sea Dive on October 15th and 16th. Sue, Marc, and crew were terrific. Visited Isla Marietas on the first day and Majahuitas on the second. We had a small group of divers with various levels of experience/ air consumption. Sue arranged the dives to accommodate the differences. I had a new camera housing I was trying out for the first time, and Sue did a wonderful job finding and pointing out interesting critters. One of our goals was to find a Frog Fish, and I knew she'd found it when I heard her yelling and saw her pumping her fist. I brought most of my own gear, but the BC they issued me was in good shape, and my father-in-laws rental equipment was all good quality. Even though it was mid-October, water temp was still in the high 80s, dropping to 86 when we went down to 75ft to check out the Garden Eels. Vis was OK- we had heavy rain the evening before my first day with them. I would say we had up to 50 feet, sometimes closing in to thirty feet.

If you're going to PV, PV Sea DIve is the shop to call.

PVSeaDive, Owner at PV Sea Dive, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review Jeff.
I am always happy to have photographers on board as I get to play with my camera too. I found another frogfish on Majahuitas this week. Happy days.
Thanks for diving with us and I hope to dive with you again soon.

Loma Linda, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Came back again to hang with the crew at PV Sea Dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

To Sue, Mark and the rest of the crew.... Thanks again for another great time in PV! To Anyone planing on visiting Puerto Vallarta, your first phone call should be to The crew at PV Sea dive, whether your a seasoned diver or a beginner wanting to learn to snorkel. At whatever level you are you will have an amazing time with them. They are the best by far in PV and probably anywhere else you would go. We will be back real soon!

1 Thank Phil W
PVSeaDive, Owner at PV Sea Dive, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you Phil for your review.
I had a blast with you all, but the only way Wanda is getting on my boat again is to dive!
Thanks for diving with us again and I look forward to your next visit.
Eugene, Oregon, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend PV Sea Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Visited PV at the end of the rainy season so visibility could have been better but the water was warmer than expected and there was plenty to see. Can't add much more to the review patrickdjones wrote a review on October 2nd as he was on the same dives but I agree that Sue, Marc and their crew were all great.

I really like eels and there were Moray's everywhere in a variety of colors and sizes. There was also a spot with hundreds or maybe thousands of garden eels and more pufferfish than I've ever seen in one place before. I love seeing anything big (rookie) so was happy to see the turtles and rays. The octopus was a bonus as well. I kept trying to point things out to the others but everyone was finding enough on their own that no one was paying much attention to what everyone else was finding. Can't beat that!

I like small groups and there were only 6 of us including Sue and Marc so I was very pleased. I think one thing that really sets PV divers apart from some of the other companies I dove with was the fact that they really made everyone feel relaxed. Lots of joking and laughing but very serious about safety and the equipment is top notch. You're first dive is like diving with a bunch of friends.

I will dive with PV Sea Dive again if/when I get back to Puerto Vallarta.

PVSeaDive, Owner at PV Sea Dive, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you Brent for your review.
That certainly was a fun day in the bay with lots to see. A whale shark has been hanging around down there at the moment, but I won´t get to see it!
It was great diving with you and I look forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“PV Sea Dive is the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was looking for a great dive company to dive with on my trip to PV and am so thankful that I found PV Sea Dive. Sue and Marc were both brilliant and their knowledge of the area is hands down the best. I brought my own equipment so I can't speak to theirs but from what I saw, it was top notch gear and none of the crap that you normally end up getting when you go scuba diving with the larger companies. They also have a max of 10 people on the boat (including staff) so you're guaranteed a personal diving experience and what a diving experience it was!

The first day we dove Los Arcos which was stunning. Lots of sea life including eels, rock fish, nudie flabellina, octopus and tons of fish. Best part was rounding the bend and suddenly you're in the beginning (or end) of the San Andreas fault line. It was amazing to swim through the canyon staring at the abyss below.

The second day of diving we did Majahuitas and Los Arcos. They were both brilliant dives but the best was when we went to Los Arcos for the second dive and saw two sea turtles, rays and some great rock formations with tons of fish. I actually got so transfixed with how gorgeous it all was that I lost Marc for a minute (we found each other after I rounded the bend).

Marc and Sue are excellent guides and run an amazing operation. You even get fed lunch between dives which I have found to be very rare. They'll also tell you about all the local things to do, where to eat, what to see, what not to see, etc. Sue pointed my friend and I to the best taco stand in town and sure enough, it was the best taco stand in town. Once you dive with PV Sea Dive you won't want to dive with anyone else. I can't wait to come back down to PV and dive with them again.

PVSeaDive, Owner at PV Sea Dive, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your great review Patrick.
It sure was a fun week of diving we had and I can´t wait for you to come back so we can repeat it all.
Los Arcos sure is an understated dive site, so thanks for writing about it.
Glad you enjoyed your taco´s and see you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“PVSeaDive.Com: Sue and the team are "Best Dive Tour(s)" in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I were looking for the best dive trip as the high point of our vacation. I spent hours researching/looking for a reputable Dive shop in Puerto Vallarta. I also asked the local dive shop owners in Albuquerque. Enrica @ "Deep Blue Scuba" provided a great recommendation and said he had sent other ABQ customers to "PVSeaDive.com" (Sue and her team), All the customers referred to PVSeaDive were more than happy w/ their experiences.
I emailed Sue, She was very patient and answered the myriad of questions I had before booking our trip to Mariatas Island on Tuesday 17 September . We arrived in Puerto Vallarta and confirmed our dive/snorkel trip w/ Sue on Saturday.....Monday a tropical storm wiped out Acapulco and made a major mess of PV. Tuesday AM was raining, but better weather than Monday. Sue and team had the "Miss Marie" ready...Unfortunately, the sea was too rough for a dive trip to Mariatas Island. Sue made a very good call!!!! Instead we went to Los Arcos and Majahuitas. Awesome diving experiences at both!!!
Sue and her team provide the perfect dive environment: #1: Safe diving w/o a pain in the bum, #2: Top line gear (Aqualung BC, Titan Regs), not typical bottom-of the-line rental equipment. #3 Knows the best diving under all conditions (not just under perfect conditions). #4 Doesn't over crowd the boat to make an extra buck. PVSeaDive provides a quality experience for divers & snorkelers. You'll pay a little bit more than w/ other tour companies, but you will not feel like cattle being driven to the sea. #5 Makes the trip fun (as one other reviewer said), Like being w/ your friends and family.
The best part: The dive itself was incredible. The awesome diversity in fish, nudibranches, Octopus, morays, Frog fish, puffers, Hawk bill Turtles, etc....This was on a less than optimal post tropical storm day....I can only imagine what I would see on a pristine dive day. Plus we were provided lunch too!
I'm so pleased w/ the PVSeaDive Team I've already started planning a return trip in June 2014 for my friends & dive club to visit Mariatas Island. PVSeaDive.com/Sue and Team are the "Best diving bang for the buck" in Puerto Vallarta. - John Fowlds Jr

Visited September 2013
PVSeaDive, Owner at PV Sea Dive, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your great review John.
It was not the best day weather wise and the islands were inaccessible, but when you return in June, they will be amazing for sure.
I am glad you all enjoyed your day with us and I look forward to your next visit.