“Incredible experience - So much more than a cooking class!”

Arte Culinario by Mavi Graf
More attraction details
Owner description: Die-hard foodies & wine aficionados need apply! For those genuinely interested in the food & culture of Mexico. Private Cooking Classes w/local celebrity Chef Mavi in the comfort of her home. We are a mother-daughter family business, not a tour company. Traditional or Contemporary Mexican cuisine: includes pick-up service at your hotel, guided tour of local food markets to shop for ingredients, wine pairings, complimentary appetizers, craft cocktail & recipes of your Menu. One-on-one experience inside our home with breathtaking views of Marina Vallarta.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible experience - So much more than a cooking class!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Everything about a day with Mavi is amazing! She is full of extras such as local neighborhood tours, nibbles of PV's best hidden gems, restaurant recommendations, and hands-on tours through PV's local markets. Beyond all of this, she opens up her very own beautiful home overlooking the Marina to complete the experience. Cooking in Mavi's kitchen, surrounded by pictures of her family, is a truly wonderful experience. For an afternoon, you feel like family, learning recipes that have been passed down for generations. The food is amazing, plentiful, and inspiring, while the company is warm, welcoming, and sincere. Don't hesitate to add this to your vacation itinerary. Take a break from the beach and bring something home that you'll treasure for years to come!

2 Thank Valgalk

Burlingame, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great class”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our day with Mavi was terrific. My favorite part was the shopping for ingredients at the different local markets while learning about the Mexican culture of food. I also enjoyed the meal and Mavi's artisan approach to cooking. This really helped me to view cooking in a different more enjoyable way that I hope will make for better cooking experiences in my house. I'm even going to attempt to make my own to tortillas next week with some authentic Mexican food to accompany my toritillas. All inspired by Mavi.

1 Thank Kim94101
Pacific Grove, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience with Mavi Graf”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Mavi,
Thank you so much for the outstanding day David and I had with you on 6/9/2014. It is clear you LOVE what you do, and it exudes from your soul. The morning spent shopping for ingredients was very educational and entertaining. Of course the best part was me cooking with you in your kitchen. I loved our menu selection, and most of all learning how to make tamales. I HIGHLY recommend anyone wanting to learn more about Mexican cuisine to contact Mavi while in Puerto Vallarta for a inspiring, educational, fun filled, day followed by a FABULOUS meal. Cheers & Hugs J.R.

2 Thank JR_Rouse
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Quality, reliability, and class!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I recently hosted a Wedding rehearsal cocktail for my son, and it was very important for me to have as stress free event as possible. Mavi and her team came through for me on every level. She offered many options and we decided on a more international menu of hors d'oeuvres than a Mexican menu (which was going to be served at the actual wedding reception).
She came early, to prep in my tiny kitchen, (I even have a hard time cooking there!) thus guaranteeing a very fresh and delicious product. Then, for serving, she and her staff hustled all night long going from one floor to the rooftop setting and back again.
The food was original, varied, sophisticated and abundant. I couldn't pry the guests away from the serving tables.
After all was said and done, I came home to finally rest and was so happily surprised to find she had left an incredible quiche in the fridge for me to enjoy. So thoughtful.
If you ever need a caterer for a sucessful event, I can recommend only one person and her team, and that is Mavi Graf and Arte Culinario. Thanks so much, Mavi, for contributing to making it a memorable evening.

Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mavi Graf; a Landmark in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Indeed it was a fascinating experience with a classy touch! The beauty of it was going out with Mavi to the local market and buying the fresh seafood, the vegetables, spices etc. for the courses that she meticulously prepared for us. My wife and I prepare our dinners at home from scratch every evening and to prepare high class Mexican dishes with a professional cook like Mavi is just an experience that will always be remembered and cherished! Having the main course on the terrace of Mavi's beautiful house was another soothing event. We also had very interesting long conversations with Mavi and Kirk, her gentleman husband!!!

Mrs. Mavi Graf is a landmark in Puerto Vallarta, a lady by all means of the word!

Vassil and Cathleen Yanco