“Scuba / Snorkel -- Great Service”

Silent World Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Dive Center offering PADI/SSI Certification courses since 1980 in Puerto Vallarta with a multilingual staff (Spanish, English and French)Snorkeling and Specialty Courses.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband needed to do an open water dive [referral], my daughter and I got to go along as snorkelers; there were 2 other dive students along.
The instructor took the divers for their dive, but I didn't expect the boat captain was going to escort my daughter and I in the snorkeling, he dove way down and brought up star fish and other creatures. We had two locations. There were great snacks and drinks. But the instructor and captain were just wonderful.
I did our reservation via email and paid ahead using Paypal, a very nice lady met us at the pier; although I think we were late w/ some funny time change I missed.
They were perfect and all went smoothly. If I could recommend them twice I would.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The first trip a year ago when I got my open water was great. This time I brought 4 friends. The boat was filled with 6 SCUBA divers and a family taking part in snorkelling. This time of year the ocean was fairly clear, for a land locked skydiver, hitting the water on a hot day was nice to beat some heat and see some colourful fish! There was rumour of a turtle, but we didn't see it :( maybe next time haha. The food was great, large sandwiches, fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and a great assortment of pop as well as water. To Rodo, Lorenzo, and Chuy, Thanks guys. I may even be back this trip!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had a fantastic dive experience with Silent World Divers. Lorenzo was an excellent guide, and treated me to quite the experience.

I have no previous dive experience, I have been wanting to try diving for some time. Lorenzo came to my hotel to give me some hands on training in our pool. When it came time for the dive I was the only one who had signed up. (it was off season for Puerto Vallarta). Lorenzo assured my wife that there was no possible chance for danger.

Gearing up for the dive I was impressed by the quality of the equipment. The regulators and BCD was new. In the water Lorenzo kept careful watch on me. He was assisted by 2 other divers.

At the end of the dive Lorenzo offered me some fresh fish tacos that he had speared while we were diving. I felt like I got a "locals only" experience, I was super impressed by this family owned and operated shop.

I felt safe the whole time, I learned a lot and while I have a relatively little dive knowledge but thanks to the crew at Silent World Divers I have caught the bug. I would dive with these guys again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my first experience with Scuba Diving, and I couldn't be happier with it. Lorenzo was an excellent teacher. I felt very comfortable in the water after a careful, attentive lesson with him. I felt at ease with the equipment. And even though I am a complete novice, the staff were very accommodating. During the dive session, one of the staff stayed with me to ensure my comfort and safety.

I would recommend Silent World Divers to anyone that is interested in trying something new!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I own a condo in Puerto Vallarta and every time that I come down I dive with Silent World Divers. I have probably been on 20 dives with them. They are a great group and there is a reason that I keep coming back to them, it's because they strive to please their customer in a professional manner. I have been with probably 5 different dive shops in Puerto Vallarta and this is the best one. We all know in diving that sometimes the conditions are not perfect, sometimes unforeseen problems occur. Silent World Divers does their best to ensure that they can solve the problems within their control. They always carry extra fins, extra bcd's of different sizes, extra masks, so if anything goes wrong with your own equipment they have spares. This is a great sign of a professional outfit and one thing that I appreciate the most. I look forward to diving with them again next time I am down to visit Puerto Vallarta. One of the great things about Silent World Divers is that they do do more advanced dives if that is what you are looking for. They are able to cater to any type of diver. I have actually brought a friend down before that had never dove before and they certified them by having them do all the exercises in the pool and then all the required dives at Los Arcos. All in all, this dive shop provides the best service and the one that I felt the safest with.