“Great pastries... no longer a restaurant”
Review of French Riviera Bakery & Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
French Riviera Bakery & Bistro
Cuisines: French
Sonora, California
“Great pastries... no longer a restaurant”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Tucked into a little non-descript storefront next to the OXXO on Aquiles Serdan (1/2 block from the beach) sits an exquisite French bakery that was once part of a bistro next door. Although the croissants are not as dry as they may be in other areas of the world (humidity plays a part here), the flavor and selection are merveilleux! We did not encounter the rudeness that others have claimed because we were served by a local young man with perfect English. Definitely a feast for the eyes and taste buds.

• Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Owner needs to learn about customer service!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Besides the owner not being the friendliest of people, which I believe was one of the big reasons why the business failed. It barely lasted 1 year.

Visited May 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
“Excellent !”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Visiting from Belgium we like the French bread and croissants. When we are in PV we always miss good bread. With French Riviera Bakery we found what we like and we are happy to drive from the Marina to buy our daily bread and croissants !

Visited December 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
“Delicious chocolate croissant”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stopped in for some chocolate croissants on the recommendation of family in Puerto Vallarta and we were not disappointed. I thought the price was very reasonable, and we enjoyed sit-down service with great coffee for less than we were paying for two Americanos and a pastry at our resort.

Visited September 2011
Glenview, Illinois
“Just loved this place!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was very pleased with the French Riviera Bakery and Bistro. My friends and I frequented this place on our last trip to P.V. We ate the lovely pastries and drank coffee.
The lemon tarte was incredible, The fruit tart was a close second.

My last night I went for the fixed priced meal. I thought I would like my meal, but I loved it!
All the courses were great and the bread was just as you would get it in Paris. The staff was professional and welcoming.

I will repeat this great experience again when I return to P.V. next year!

• Visited July 2011