“Wonderful Little Gem”

funiculi Trattoria
Ranked #390 of 1,127 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I googled and found it in an article that someone fron the Calgary Herald wrote about Puerto Vallarta. This is a great place to eat Italian food. It is owned by Roman Antonio Barbato and his Mexican wife. It is a small family operated restaurant that serves excellent quite reasonable food.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This tiny hole in the wall serves excellent Italian cuisine and is staffed entirely by Mexicans mostly ladies. The food is great, as is the wine & it is very reasonably priced. You are advised to get there early if you don't have a reservation. This is the 2nd year that we have eaten there which is something of s record in PV where there is so much competition.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We went there with another couple who had dined there a year ago. We had trouble finding it and as I walked in the door I wondered if it was just a pizza counter. Once inside there was a delightful courtyard with a tree growing through the top. The pizza and pasta menus were extensive. We had fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and a shrimp pizza. The pasta came with a salad which was large enough to share easily. The extra plate was provided without asking for it. The pizza was delicious. The pasta fresh. The portions large.. We took half of each dinner home. The margaritas wre strong but not too sweet, and followed by a glass od house red it was a perfect meal. Do go there.

1  Thank Lojadina
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by another restaurant owner that I have already reviewed - "Bluebirds" - just down the street. This was an absolutely magnificent meal shared by my wife and myself. We had linguini alfredo with chicken. The meal comes with a very large salad which was more than enough for the two of us to share. All fresh ingredients and very tasty. This is just one of the best meals I have eaten in Puerto Vallarta. We were waited on by Brian who took very good care of our needs. God, I am so glad we went there. Don't be afraid by the way it looks. It is very rustic and very quaint, but the food is out of this world. We have been to many fancy Italian restaurants that were not as good as what we just ate. They also serve pizza which I have only heard is very good, but worth the try. Hours are 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had the caprese salad and a wood fire oven pizza, both very good and very reasonably priced, they have a good selection of wines and a few available by the glass. Overall an excellent choice.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were wandering around old town Vallarta not sure what we wanted to eat, when we stumbled into this place. It had a friendly inviting atmosphere. Service was good, and the pizza caprese was great. I would definitely recommend checking it out.