“My Best Massage Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Day Spa

Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Day Spa is a Spa in the enchanting city of Puerto Vallarta with 18 years on the market, offering quality spa services for accessible prices.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“My Best Massage Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I've gone repeatedly to the Wellness Center Day Spa; they're just below my home here in Marina Vallarta. I've had pedicures, facials, and lots of massages. All the services have been top flight, but today's massage takes the cake.
I treated myself to the hot rock massage. It was 90 minutes of pure pleasure! I loved the combination of the massage and the deep heat that emanates from the stones.
You've got to try it!

I'll be back, for another one of these massages, and for my pedicures, manicures, facials, etc.... See you there!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank llagee

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Soooooooo Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I went with my wife as a birthday present she had for me and I love her a lot more for doing that for me, the place is dark enough to feel the realxation from the moment you enter into the massages area, the pressure is exact and the music and sounds set the atmosphere for let your senses to enjoy this health care, I'm already planing my next visit....!!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank EderAcevedo
Langley, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Go for the massage (they are great), but not the manicures”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I visited the Wellness Day Spa twice. We each had two massages and one manicure and pedicure (which we purchased as a package with 6 choices- a good deal). I am separating this into two separate views because our experience with the massages vs. the manicure/pedicures were somewhat different and warrant completely different ratings. I would give the massage a 3 star rating, mostly because it was okay for the money (pretty inexpensive). I am giving the manicure pedicure a 1 star and would give lower if I could. See my manicure/pedicure review for info on that.

The place: Hard to find as when we were there the name "Wellness Day Spa" was no where to be seen on the front of the spa. We ridiculously walked past it several times, going from one end of the marina to the other several times, being bombarded by massage spas touts, sports fishing touts, and time share touts the entire time. Finally I recognized the logo from their website. They need better signage. Perhaps they have improved this by now (our visit was in November 2011).
The spa itself is divided into two parts, The front portion sells a few things and contains the manicure/pedicure area. It is very crowded. The back portion contains the message rooms. It was quite and clean. There is a nice bathroom available. They make extensive use of eucalyptus aromatherapy and so the entire facility smells wonderful.

The massage: Wow! My husband was ready to marry his massage therapist. If you want deep tissue you will get it here. His first and second massages were perfect.
My first one was perfect in the back area (nice deep tissue) but weak in the legs. This was modified at my request for the second massage, with mixed results, which I will not get into (suffice to say it was painful, and I am no softy by any means). Again if you want deep tissue, this is your place,

The downside of the massages were three-fold.
First, instead of having a few minutes to come back to reality we were pressured to get up immediately and vacate the rooms. They kept coming into the room indicating that we needed to leave without giving us even a couple of minutes to ease back into the world. This was not a soothing way to end what was a good massage. By the second massage we had caught on to their preferred routine which was this: Get up the second they leave the room, get dressed immediately, and leave the massage area. No "take a few deep breaths, open your eyes slowly, swing your legs over and sit up" in this place. Go, go, go.
A second down side was that I kept sliding up my massage table so that my head would end up uncomfortably well past the face rest. I had to try to slide my body back down in between massaging. My therapist seemed oblivious to this. I have never had this happen before.
Third, my table kept sliding as well, so there the was uncomfortable feeling of moving across the room in jolts, (until the table hit something solid and couldn't move anymore, which was good until he started massaging the other way at which time the table slid back the opposite direction) combined with the disrupting noise that the sliding made. Between my sliding body and the sliding table, it was almost comical... almost.

On the upside , their communication via email was excellent and they were really easy to work with from the states. (Their communication/comprehension during my massage was really poor. My whimpers of pain and requests to go softer fell on deaf ears).

I have had other massages in inexpensive places in Mexico and other countries that were much more relaxing than this so it is not merely a case of "you get what you pay for". Although my husband loved the pressure his massage therapist applied, and the aromatherapy was nice (if not a little overdone) I have no other reason to recommend this place as being anything above average.

I have never given a less than positive review before but I guess there is a first for everything.

If they find a way to anchor their tables, prevent client sliding on the tables, and allow clients a few more minutes to recover after their massages, it might be a better experience for people. These are easy fixes.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank ricknsara
Puerto Vallarta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“THE MOST EXQUISITE AND ENJOYABLE MASSAGE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I went to the Wellness Center Day Spa on my first visit to Puerto Vallarta and now i have a very good reason to keep coming back, the people at this spa are wonderful, great customer service, and personalized attention. If you are the kind of person that knows spas and truly enjoys a good one, i recommend this one without a doubt , i had a wonderful 30 minutes massage and i had to stay for more. This is an experience you will not regret ! Thank you girls at the Wellness Day Spa !!!

Visited January 2012
3 Thank milesg1
Guadalajara, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I really enjoyed the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Funny, i was just walking in the mall... I get there cause i feel attracted by the candles and such a sweet aroma. Atmosphere in there it's just delicious. Smooth music, low lights, candle smells and people threat you like a king! You really really rest in there,. If you need a relax the place is here =)

Visited August 2011