“Real Deal”
Review of La Casa del Habano

La Casa del Habano
More attraction details
Owner description: La Casa del Habano,Puerto Vallarta, offers the most comprehensive selection of authentic cuban cigars in the Bay. Our store hours are 12-9 pm, Monday through Saturday, closed Sunday. A comfortable smoking lounge complete with leather sofas and chairs, plenty of AC, free wireless and a full service bar offers you the ability to enjoy both your favorite cigar and beverage. The staff is attentive and dedicated to making your stay a memorable one.
New York City, New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Real Deal”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been here before, a few times. The selection is decent, not overwhelming though. Jerry and his wife are usually on hand to help with a selection if your not sure what you'd like. The prices are fair, not the cheapest, but not the highest. The cigars however are of the highest caliber.

Special note to newbies - THE GUYS WALKING ON THE BEACH SELLING CIGARS - THEY'RE COUNTERFIET! Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Steven P

Elmhurst, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The only place for Cubans in P.V.”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been in La Casa Del habanos all over the World including Cuba, so I had an idea what to expect. Genuine Cuban cigars, ambiance, and great service. This shop did not disappoint. The real bonus here was the Managing Director. Gerry Cohen has to be one of the most knowledgeable experts on Cuban cigars I have had the pleasure to spend time with. I had an idea of what I wanted, but Gerry helped guide me through some of the other cigars I had not tried before. He was not there to sell the most expensive cigars but shared his opinion on all cigars. Our tastes were similar so we had a lot in common. We shared some great stories, drank Cuban coffee and talked for hours on end. Meeting his wife, Marta and son Giovanni as well as the staff was an unforgettable experience. If ever in Puerto Vallarta and you want a real Cuban cigar, don't miss this shop. Sit down, have a coffee or drink relax and enjoy life. If your an aficionado or someone just getting into cigars, this shop will be an unforgettable experience.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank donroberto2856
Fargo, North Dakota
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Real Cubans in Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I like to enjoy an occasional cigar while on vacation or special events. Since we were traveling outside the States, I wanted to get a authentic Cuban cigar. Some research I did before we went pointed me towards La Casa del Habano. The cigars are a bit more expensive than other places in Puerto Vallarta, however, the customer service was terrific and the cigars were very good. They asked me what I like in a cigar and showed me many options! I picked out 2 and they both were great!

Be careful for fake Cubans in P.V., they seemed to be everywhere.

Also, there was a cool little bar in the lower level. We didn't stay for a drink but I bet it would be a great place to hang out and have a cigar. i would recommend this to people who like great cigars. I will go back when we return to P.V.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jordan S
Wilmette, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cigar Prices”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Cigar prices were very fair, but you still have to know what the market value of your cigars are and negotiate the prices.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank bigdaddy3800
Richfield, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful service - great bar selection”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had about 10 guys here as part of a bachelor's party and the staff was wonderfully accommodating. We had some pre-arranged snacks waiting for us, which were delicious. The bar was fully stocked and provided several wonderful cocktails that made the night go very smoothly.

Of course, I'd be remiss to not mention the huge, walk-in humidor! Well stocked with cigars from any where you'd like, including a large selection of Cubans. It's like being a kid in a candy store!

A must visit for any cigar smokers.

Visited January 2012