“absolutely some of the best pastry anywhere!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“absolutely some of the best pastry anywhere!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I discovered this pastry shop when I turned a corner on to Col. Emiliano Zapata three years ago.
I could not believe my luck. Mexican pastry just isn't sweet enough for me. The pastry chef also
has a sense of humor that I enjoy. If you remember the "soup Nazi" in Seinfeld, that's Eric Lenoir.
I went back a second time that year for some more pastry and banter.
Linda and I missed last year but I was really looking forward to some more great pastry this year and some great conversation. Unfortunately we arrived too late for the conversation, but the pastry
was still excellent and there was more of a selection. Get the breakfast croissant (excellent) and the
small sampler tray. I'll make sure I get there earlier next time.

Ron True

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ronald t

Cd'A, Id.
“Authentic French Pastry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have visited several local Mexican bakeries in P.V. in the last 10 yrs. Most have left us a little disappointed as we feel Mexican pastry is slightly different than what we are accustomed to enjoying at home. However, this trip we ran into a lady who directed us to a bakery where the chef had actually trained in Paris. Finding the place was a little difficult as signage for establishments in P.V. are small and hard to distinguish. But, the dead giveaway was the 5 foot replica of the Eiffel Tower perched on the sidewalk just outside the shop's baked goods case. They offered a good variety of sweet rolls and bread and even had fresh Chicken Pot Pies. All was takeout as they had no tables or chairs. So, we bought rolls and pot pies to go and enjoyed the rolls at a nice local coffee shop up the street. The treats were good enough that we revisited this shop a second time later that week. Very good....we highly recommend this place and will return again gladly the next trip to P.V.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gordon L
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Dreaming of Delicious Pastries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I discovered Paris Cafe when visiting PV in 2010. I had been dreaming of the delicious treats ever since! When deciding to make another trip this February, I couldn't wait to get some more. The beautiful fresh and luscious strawberries and blueberries on top of custard tarts are my favorite. My friends love the mini lemon pies and brownies. The last day they had amazing apple strudel-like treats. Also, their savory selections are also fantastic. Freshly made quiche or ham and cheese croissants are to die for. I also made home-made french toast out of the bread from the bakery at the condo for breakfast one morning! At only around 3 bucks per item, one could live on pastries alone for an entire vacation!

3 Thank Cortney A
Fort Worth, Texas
“Awesome pastries, sweets and snacks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My friends and I visited at least once per day during our stay and liked everything we tried (which I think was everything they have.) All the items are fresh and made on site. The bakery is only open during high season and can be difficult to overlook, but their new place next to Cafe de Olla is easily located. The bakery is located next to the OXXO across from Molino de Agua. As far as another reviewers comment regarding prices--my group never considered it expensive and would consider it cheaper or equivalent to prices in the USA. Don't take my word for it, go by and look at the display case, try the goods and decide for yourself!

1 Thank JDawgTX
Toronto
“This place is horrible with high prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The items at Paris Cafe - new location on Basilio, were far from delicious, they were absolutely horrible. Each one was also priced at about $3 which is a very unfair price given what you are getting for it. When we had visited the old location a year ago after reading all the reviews on TA, we felt we 'had' to go, but were disappointed. However, we tried again this time and were equally disappointed. I would not recommend Paris Cafe to anyone.

• Visited January 2013