“Awesome Bar on Malecon”
Review of Murphy's Irish Pub

Murphy's Irish Pub
Ranked #93 of 1,011 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome Home to Murphy's Irish Pub - Puerto Vallarta! Live Music~Whiskey~Sports~Food. Murphy's Irish Pub offers one of the best views in Vallarta! Located across from the infamous lighthouse (EL FARO)statue on the Malecon, Murphy's has an incredible view of the sunset overlooking the Bay of Banderas (Pacific Ocean) and a nightly firework display from the Marigalante pirate ship. The pub features a wide selection of whiskey and fantastic pub fare. Be sure to try the Guinness Pot Pie Stew, Sheperd's Pie, Jumbo Dublin Shrimp, Fish N Chips, Pub Burger with homemand chips (pub fries), delicious salads, Corned Beef and Cabbage (seasonal), and of course our brownie with Bailey's sauce & ice cream. Our Guinness Chili was awarded "people's choice" 1st Place! We have a variety of live music, the schedule of which can be found on our Facebook page at "Murphys Puerto Vallarta". Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at 11 pm we have a phenomenal classic rock band! Every day we offer different drink and food specials, including some original cocktails found only here at Murphy's Irish Pub, Puerto Vallarta. Murphy's has FREE WIFI, 2 satellits for sporting events including: NFL "TICKET" with EVERY game, CFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, Champions League, Liga Mexicana and five different flat screen TVs to watch your favorite teams! The pub also offers a dart board, free pool table, and an assortment of games (Jenga, playing cards, uno, etc).
Long Beach, California
“Awesome Bar on Malecon”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a down to earth bar with a great view right on the ocean. They also have some of the best wings I've ever had. Plus, they have Negra Modelo on tap. Murphy's is one of the few places on the Malecon where you don't get the tourist treatment and having lived in Puerto Vallarta, this is a rare find. The staff is really nice and always professional. Often times, the owner himself will check on your table. Visit this bar for lunch or a snack and a beer at sunset and you will not be disappointed.
And in response to Jimmy Benson...I have been to Murphy's on St. Patrick's Day and I had a great experience. Sorry you had to wait, but I think this is the only day all year where they have a buffet that you would have to wait for. Great music and killer all you can eat and drink deal. I would go to Murphy's over Señoir Frogs any day (unless you want a tourist bar). See my pictures below.
-Sheldon White, Long Beach, California

• Visited April 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“NEWFIE FRIENDLY!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Visisted Murphy's 2012 & 2013. Great time! Had a great chat with Mr. Jonathan Patrick Murphy; however, had to teach him how to say NEWFOUNDLAND the correct way. Took a couple of tries, but he nailed it. My wife and I were there in February both times. We were always treated great, both by Jonathan and his excellent staff. Our friends Angelo and Anna are on their way to Puerto Vallarta today and are making it a point of visiting the pub.
Colin and Iona Keating, Edmonton.

• Visited February 2013
Bakersfield, California
“My Favorite Bar In Puerto Vallarta”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I found this place about two years ago while visiting Puerto Vallarta as part of a cruise. We loved it. Then, last summer, my wife and I were planning a week-long vacation in Mexico. She wanted to go to PV and I wanted to go to Cabo. She talked me into PV by reminding me of Murphy's. Yep, true story. We went to Puerto Vallarta because we love Murphy's Irish Bar.

Our trip took place in October and the Giant's were in the World Series. Murphy's showed the games on TV and in English. It was great! If you are familiar with PV, you know how rare it is to find a restaurant or bar that shows American sports in English. I can't figure out why the owner doesn't hang a banner off his balcony advertising this.

The owner, John is a great guy. He'll visit with you and share great stories about the local culture and his life in the Coast Guard.

People keep raving about the Fish and Chips. Yes, they're good, but my favorite thing on the menu is the Onion Rings. The batter is the best I've had in the world.

Can't wait to go back!

• Visited October 2012
Cedar Rapids, IA
“Are you kidding??? No FOOD until 1pm?!?”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

OK. Our family has been coming to this "location" for years and years.

Previously this was the No Name Bar (lots of Chicago decoration, Chicago Cubs gear, etc). Yes, we would come for lunch and the fantastic view from their 2nd floor open air tables over looking the Malecon and Banderas Bay.

On March 17th our family walked the full length of the Malecon-- down and back. We hoped to have a pleasant lunch, bucked of beer (as we had previously) and a good healthy lunch.

We were met by one of their apparent 'street barkers.' So, we don't mind succumbing to one of those crafty fast talkers WHEN it's ALREADY the place we planned to eat and drink.

The guy led our party of five up their stairs while explaining their special Saint Patrick's Day menu. All-you-can drink for a flat fee along with a corned beef and cabbage buffet for a flat fee. It all sounded acceptable... and even though we had more sight-seeing we wanted to accomplish, we knew that our party of five could make the food and drink frenzy quite 'cost effective.'

But when we reached the top of the stairs and staff was trying to get us a table, one of the employees mentioned that the actual *food* would not be ready until 1:oopm--- it was 11:30am.

Well, our party had hungry teenagers. One and a half hours waiting was NOT acceptable. But when we got up to leave, the 'street barking' guy laid in to us-- "What are you HERE for then if you don't want to have FUN... WHERE are you going to find a better time?? At your RESORT??"

We were aghast. This guy was actually laying in to us after HE had 'baited and switched' us? After 15 years of traveling to Vallarta and experiencing nothing but hard working, polite local service, this guy was getting nasty with us??

We MARCHed out of the place. Personally, I do not like the gimmicks at Senior Frogs... but the Murphy's guy was still barking at us while he watched us walk the 1/2 block in to Senior Frogs.

OH--- I notice most of the other 'positive' reviews here are from people with just one review in their history. OBVIOUSLY there are some less than sincere reviews on here to just trump up this place's overall rating. I find it hard to believe that all these 'fish and chips' reviews are truthful. I mean, really... how hard is it to FRY up some French fries and fish??? "Spot on?" No-- you are insincere and we will NOT return to Murphy's pseudo-Irish Pub.

Angst.

No... wait. The next possible time I'll be in the neighborhood will be months from now. I'm sure THESE guys will be gone by then and we'll have the next new-reincarnation at this location.

And remember how the guy was still barking at our group while we marched over to Senior Frogs? I personally had a fine lunch (grilled shrimp) and FOUR beers and we were finished just after 12:30 (still a 1/2 hour before Murphy's was to have THEIR food ready). When we walked out of Senior Frogs, Murphy's street barker saw us and ducked back in their restaurant. Coward.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Jimmy_Benson
Rockford, Illinois
“Great View Great Drinks Free Wifi”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great location with great ocean views. Great place stop for drink and they do have good specials and good service. They also have Negra Modelo on tap which was great! Free WiFi huge plus.

• Visited March 2013