“YUMMY!”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: New restaurant that I'd like to recommmend
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went on recommendation from other travelers we met at our hotel and it was one of our favorite meals! The food was SO fresh and all homemade! Got to sit at the window and check all the action outside, too! Will DEFINITELY go back here!!

1  Thank pbgrim1404

Reviewed March 29, 2014

With our Cupocity coupon in hand, my friend and I entered this lovely restaurant for Brunch.
We were asked where we would like to sit and we chose a table near a window. Since it gave us a fantastic view of Banderas Bay, we couldn't pass it up! It may have been a little noisy, but how often does one have an opportunity to enjoy such a lovely view?
We each received a delicious glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. The menu was designed like an envelope. Very clever! I ordered the smoked salmon with cream cheese on Panini bread and my friend ordered the grilled chicken with Brie cheese also on Panini bread. We also had a choice of a Croissant or a Bagel. Then a basket of croissants and other delicious pastries were brought to the table.
The decor in the restaurant was very nice. I also enjoyed the tiled floors. The restroom was clean and well maintained. The restaurant was very easy to locate along the Malecon. A smooth Jazz music echoed in the background. There was seating also off the street in the center of the room that was open air. The service was excellent, English was easily spoken. I'm looking forward to a return trip to Puerto Vallarta and La Posta restaurant!

2  Thank Kgaribay
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were not comfortable the first time , street location is noisy due to buses passing by and when asked to go further back the music was too loud . As a result we had a glass of wine a pizza and left .On giving it a second chance a couple of nights later it just went from good to better. We had a good table upstairs , less noise , music good level and the service was excellent . The bonus was the food was better than expected and did not disapoint. Not as busy as other restaurants along the sea front but make the effort it is a delight .

1  Thank vagabondMexicoCity
Reviewed March 11, 2014

La Posta has been a favourite for years, but this year, with their 99 pesos special lunch from 12:00 to 5pm... YOU CANNOT GO wrong! With choices of Pizza al forno (wood oven) or Spaghetti and a beer which also includes a bowl of homemade focaccia, grissini (bread sticks), served with oil and balsamic Italian style.... an outstanding value for WAY above average quality Italian food! The service is as prompt and as solicitous as ever! Castulo seems genuinely enthused at our frequent visits to enjoy a fabulous meal. Their new breakfast brunch has excellent choices, delicious pastries and strong coffee! Dinner is very reasonable if you're not able to make it for the daily specials....I DREAM of their parmigiana flan appetizer ALL YEAR! I have made it at home, and with the expensive ingredients that go into the parm flan, this is very WELL PRICED! We have brought many friends to enjoy la Posta along with us and NOT ONE of them EVER has been disappointed! Well done guys! Regressamos con otras amigos! L and L

2  Thank LisetteB53
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in Puerto Vallarta recently and walked the Malecon one day. It came time for lunch and we looked for a place to eat. We came upon this Italian eatery on a corner nearby. We looked at the menu out front, and it had a variety of offerings at reasonable prices.

The owner was very friendly and welcoming. He showed us to a seat inside near the front of the building, but my husband wanted to get away from the street noise, so he graciously took us to a back garden area which was much more to our liking.

We ordered a wood-fired pizza (they had several to choose from) and it was one of the better pizzas we’ve had. We also ordered lemonade, which turned out not to be quite what we were expecting …. it was fizzy, like sparkling water … but it was very refreshing after a long, hot walk in town.

All in all … a very positive experience

2  Thank beachy452