“Don't believe the negativity”
Review of La Posta

La Posta
Ranked #112 of 1,095 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New restaurant that I'd like to recommmend
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Not sure why folks gave this place less than stellar reviews? Maybe a bad mood? My wife and I had dinner there and we're well taken care of. Prompt, courteous, attentive service and the food was excellent. We sat upstairs and had a great view of PV's Malecon just after sunset. We ate there on our last night in town and will patronize this restaurant on our next visit to Vallarta.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed November 24, 2013

While out in Puerto Vallarta one night, we were in need of a good restaurant. La Posta was close by so we went in. It was not busy, I think there were two maybe three other tables in. A group of people came in later after we had already ordered. We did not have to wait long for our order to be taken but that is where the service seemed to stop.
We ordered a glass of wine each which seemed to be quite small. My wife's came out pretty fast but she was not impressed with it.
After waiting for quite some time, our waiter came by to see if everything was ok. I asked about our food. When he returned he was apologetic and said the food would be out in a moment. My wife's lasagna was not very good at all. The bottom layer of noodles were black and the rest of it just did not seem very good. Her comment was, I think this lasagna has been sitting in a pan for a long time. I will say my pizza was quite good.
After our meal, we asked our waiter for desert menus. Again, we had to wait a very long time.... and it still was not busy at all.
Right next to the restaurant was a bar that was playing extremely loud music which did do anything to inspire a good atmosphere in the restaurant
My last comment, the only good thing about this restaurant was the pizza.

1  Thank PaulW451
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Went back after a while, I was pleased as always! The parmesan mousse, still my favourite! This time I tasted the Mediterranean salad, which was well served and tasty. They did not take long to serve us nor for ours drinks... though, we were not in a hurry and my loving companion's meal was also good (he had the lemon salmon and the "huachinango" carpaccio... Really good!) My only but would be the wine, we had a couple of glasses of white wine and only the last one was really cold; although, it did not spoil our time. I truly enjoy this restaurant and the service we get every time we come. Another dish I truly enjoy here (which I did not have this time around), is the special home made pasta with lobster, truly delicious! Also, once I had pizza and dessert to go (tiramisu), really good and the pizza, crispy as expected for a wooden heated oven. So, take a chance; you wont regret it and I will for sure return!

1  Thank Jupiter M
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok not outstanding . Being in the food industry I want more than that when I pay for a meal. The Lasagna my spouse had was good . My veal dish was way to sweet & the veal was a strange consistency . Didn't finish my meal put it to you that way. We dined early by Mexican standards do there was no issue getting a table

1  Thank Heather A
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

While looking for a pizza and pasta place we ran into this restaurant, I saw all good comments so we decide to give it a try

Good flavor, friendly staff, but, really slow service!!!

Place was almost empty, with just 5 tables with people out of almost 20 and service was just too slow, waiters didn't seem to care for the time

If you are not in a hurry this is a good place to crash otherwise there are other options available

1  Thank okumare