“Great Indian food in PV”
Review of Bombay Brasserie - CLOSED

Bombay Brasserie
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were surprised to find absolutely amazing Indian food in Mexico. I usually order eggplant at Indian restaurants and Paul Ballahs was excellent. The owner came out to briefly chat with us, and was very nice!

1  Thank Emily R

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Let me begin by saying that we have eaten East Indian food in the UK, Toronto and Vancouver where there are many authentic East Indian restaurants so our expectations were perhaps a little unreasonable.

My wife and I both chose lamb dishes which were reasonably tasty but the sauce or gravy was plentiful but watery. The lamb though was very tender (New Zealand lamb we were told). The naan bread was very good, the service also very good. This is the first East Indian restaurant we have been to that did not serve the delicious papadom? App, why we wonder?

We will probably try this restaurant again, mainly because it is one of the only two east Indian restaurants that we know of in PV.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is situated near the marina. Good food, good service, reasonable price. I loved the napkin rings

1  Thank appleacre
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I dont know how fellow TA reviewers have given this place a 4 and a 5 star. It was by far the WORST Indian food I have ever had in my life. I am an Indian, I live in India but travel extensively so end up eating Indian cuisine in different cities and countries. Where do I begin to tell you about this place:

1. It is located in the Marina. The place is small.

2. I dont think Indian's run the place, surely not an Indian chef who was born in India. None of the staff knew Hindi. My guess is its either Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan owned, but I could be wrong here.

3. There were 5 of us who went to this place; 2 Indians and 3 Canadians all who love to eat Indian food.

4. Two of us are vegetarians and so we ordered samosas, palak paneer and aloo (Bombay potato). My friends ordered a chicken tikka, chicken vindaloo and butter chicken.

5. This is probably the only Indian restaurant that does not serves Papadam as an app. It gives deep friend Indian bread called Poori.

6. The samosas were clearly deep frozen and reheated as the external was cold but inside was hot, so microwaved. Very average to poor tasting samosa.

7. The Bombay potato (aloo) was under cooked and came as good as raw.

8. The palak paneer was horrendous. I dont know how I ate that. The panner was rubbery and very very chewy, probably frozen for a few weeks. The gravy was very watery and had ZERO taste of any kind whatsoever. This was not Palak Paneer. The chef would have done a better job if he/she read any Indian cook book or had even got a recipe of the internet.

9. Chicken tikka was dry and flavorless; chicken vindaloo was extremely spicy; chicken makhani was not good at all. Why? Because I saw that all my Indian food loving canadian friends left half their meal.

10. My canadian friend told me that this was the single worst Indian restaurant I had ever taken to him ever (and I have taken him to maybe more than 25 different parts of the world).

If you are an Indian food lover or an Indian who is craving for home food fix PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE. You will be very very unhappy. I have yet to eat such a terrible Indian meal in my life.

5  Thank VCG
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food is great the fish and the kabab was excellent. should definately try it - skip the wine & chai tea though.

1  Thank 1331puiu