“Excellent food and value with a quaint atmosphere”
Review of Boccon di Vino

Boccon di Vino
Ranked #71 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have always written off this restaurant because every time we drive by it looks empty from the street. I finally researched it on TripAdvisor and found it was rated very highly and that they have a "secret garden" in back of the restaurant. I've since eaten here three times, all excellent experiences. I've also introduced other friends to Boccon and they love it as well. It is run by a charming Italian couple. In my experience, all the ingredients, produce, pasta and meats have been fresh. The preparation is classic Italian, my last visit I had the caprese salad (best in Vallarta) and the filet mignon (high quality, tender, flavorful). The service has been very attentive and professional. Over all, I love the atmosphere of this place. It has been styled with the charm of an authentic trattoria that you may stumble upon in a small Italian village. Yes, the garden can be a little warm as I'm sure the inside is during summer months so plan for it by dressing "cool" wearing lighter fabrics. Trust me, I've dined in some of the best restaurants in the U.S. and Europe - this place won't win a Michelin star but you will have a wonderful, local dining experience and find it to be an excellent value.

1  Thank LoveTheLuxeLife

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Boccon di Vino advertises through the International Friendship Club in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico that it gives a 15% discount at their restaurant. Last night when I was there, I presented my discount card and was told that the 15% discount was only on food, not on drinks. If there is a modification of the discount on all other restaurants that advertise through the International Friendship Club, it is stated on the International Friendship Club preferred merchants list. There was no such modification. I feel that I was ripped off!

The food was good; my wife's lasagna was cold; the waiter took it to the kitchen; and it warmed; it was excellent. The waiters were excellent.

1  Thank edward03
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After taking in a delightful show at Act ll; we meandered down the street and discovered a gem hidden in the form of an Italian restaurant. If the exquisite aroma of Italian cooking doesn't entice you in; the warmth of the host, hostess (owners) and knowledgeable staff shirley will, and there is a secret inside.... a delightful open air, inner courtyard, perfect for singles, groups, or in our case a backdrop to a romantic evening.

1  Thank kary L
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The staff is so friendly, the food is just amazing and all prepared fresh. Best Italian food we've ever had, anywhere. Last year we ate there 3 times in 2 weeks and again we ate there 3 times in 2 weeks! We've already planned to eat my birthday dinner there when we go back in 2015! The chef topped each meal which we thought was impossible. Ask for the courtyard and always get the special if they have one. At my husband's request for a special occasion, last year he made Osso Bucco and it's not on the menu and it was delicious. Everything we've eaten there has always been excellent....wishing I was there now. Do not miss it.

1  Thank MLGreen21
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It has been two years since we were in PV, we first came to Boccon 4 years ago when they opened, in our visits since the food just gets better and better, now they have added a beautiful patio area in the back off the kitchen, my wife and had a wonderful meal here, starting off with the Calamari starter, along with their home made bread. For our main course I had the gnocchi with gorgonzola, walnuts and arugula, it was fantastic, my wife had the Bolognese which she truly enjoyed. The wine was very good and reasonably priced. Italian wine of course. We are here for 3 weeks and looking forward to our next meal here.

1  Thank Bigmike1126