“Excellent Food at a Family Owned Restaurant”
Review of La Ronda

La Ronda
Ranked #130 of 1,070 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

10 of us arrived at La Ronda and were promptly treated like royalty. A variety of food was ordered and all the dishes were served hot and at the same time. The food was excellent, well priced for the quality and fresh. Small and not "fancy". Highly recommend this family restaurant! (love Scooby-Do, the dog, too)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went for the first time because the owner is partner to someone we knew. Enjoyed our shrimp meals, and the friendly staff. (also the dog at the door). Would recomment it to anyone. Not fancy, but well worth trying.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice little restaurant tucked away in the old city. We had great chicken Fahitas with very friendly service. Give them a try!
I think TA has misspelled the name of this restaurant. It is La Ronda.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband & I tried this place based on a friends recommendation. We both started with soup, Tortilla and the seafood. We ordered two Corona's and were serviced promptly. We were also brought Salsa, guacamole and chips. Both were very good and fresh. The soup came timely and was nice and hot. The Tortilla soup was a chicken base with lots of cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips. It was very creamy and delicious, The seafood soup was filled with shrimp, fish and octopus. The broth also had carrots and cilantro. This was also very tasty. We ordered one entree and split it. The Giant Shrimp with creamy Pistachio sauce. Nice presentation with carrots, broccoli, rice and a tomato. There were 8 large butterflied shrimp. The shrimp was cooked perfect and the sauce was excellent. I thought it was a little pricey at 220.00 pescos. We will return but stick to the soups.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

So when I travel, I like to try things on both the high end (i.e. out of the glossy book in the hotel room and the top Trip Advisor picks) and then on the local end. After getting advise from our friends & family about where to eat in PV, it kinds stunk that every suggestion was in the Big Glossy Book. That means that they were all meant for and catered to tourists. I am not bashing these places, it's just that I don't want to eat at these places every night. In comes La Ronda and Sebastian.

We were told about this place by a guy from Chicago on our dive boat earlier in the day. I was happy NOT to find it in the big glossy book back at hotel and so with a little help from our good friend Google and the front desk receptionist we were on our way back to Centro for a dinner at La Ronda. Great news was that they were ready for us when we arrived at 9:00pm. Sebastian quickly lit a candle for us at our little two top and then brought out the red snapper and the bacon wrapped shrimp for display. Sebastian was a charming and funny host and waiter.

I was sold on the bacon shrimp and the wife had the Shrimp ala Diabla. A favorite for hers that did not disappoint.

I love going to family run places like this, they really make the trip memorable.