“NOT WORTH THE MONEY”
Review of Canopy River

Canopy River
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the leading tour provider here in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta that offers Ziplining, Rappel, horsback riding, hiking, bike riding, Tequila tasting, and ATV tours. As a green company, we follow all rules of environmental protection and are part of a Select Group advised by the Mexican National Forestry Commission. aware that trees don't have to disappear to live an experience of adventure, excitement and adrenaline. At Canopy River, we are committed to blowing your mind and giving you memories of a lifetime. Canopy River Zip lining is located in the Four Elements Nature Park just 15 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta.The most beautiful exploring adventure Mexico has to offer. Jungles Forest and Rivers come to life right before your eyes. Nothing eles like it in Vallarta Dont miss out on Vallarta's Hidden treasure Canopy River Zip lining Nature Park.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 28, 2012

NOT WORTH THE MONEY - JUST AN AVERAGE TOUR. My family and I were staying in Nuevo Vallarta and wanted to go on a tour.  There were a couple other tours that came highly recommended but we came across a vendor that gave us a good discount on this tour so we decided to go.  First of all, it is a long ride from Nuevo Vallarta.  Once you are within 10-15 miles of the canopy, you travel on a dirty road that is very dusty.  We were in an open air bus with a metal roof that made an enormous amount of noise.  We have gone on other canopy tours and thought this rated "average".  Make sure to bring spending money.  You are asked for tips or can see tip jars at just about every turn.  You are not allowed to bring your camera.  They told us it was for safety reasons though at the end of the tour we got the sales pitch  to buy the pictures / video.  One of the guys expressed that they do not receive much money and depend on tips.  I felt like I was walking on the streets by the local vendors.  We had lunch in the restaurant and thought it was ok.

2  Thank vnguyen0087
Write a ReviewReviews (2,393)
All reviews
"felt safe"
in 32 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 26 reviews
"trip to puerto vallarta"
in 23 reviews
"arturo"
in 180 reviews
"atv"
in 236 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

With Canopy River you really get your money's worth! They have different options I think, and my husband and I did the full adventure. First, you ride about an hour in an open air truck through the PV and into the hills. It was like riding the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland plus the beautiful scenery. Next you hike and do a number of zip lines over the river. (This is my 3rd time zip lining and these lines were a lot longer!) Throughout the zip lines you cross the river on 3 bridges (two wooden and one wire). Then you get to rappel twice. You get to zip line into the river (prepare to get soaked!) and then you do a tarzan swing. After all that, you get a 5 minute ride in tubes down the river through some minor rapids to where the mules are waiting to take you back. The whole river adventure took 2 hours with 3 awesome guides (Edgar, Moeses, and ?, plus a camera guy). There's a restaurant and tequila tasting after. Having done a number of number of excursions in the past, I totally recommend this trip b/c you get a lot of bang for your buck. Don't forget to bring insect repellant!!

1  Thank SanFranciscoVerde
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip to PV. It is a crazy ride on the truck to reach the zip line area but it is also part of the adventure. You travel through rural areas you would normally never see. Our guide, Rafael, was excellent. It was slow season and we were the only two in our group. I got to go upside down and "Superman" Style. Rafael was very knowledgeable about the area and vegetation. The mule ride to reach the higher areas was also part of the adventure. This was my second zip line experience and my girl's first. I would recommend this zip line to anyone who has or hasn't tried it before. My first zip line was in Costa Rica and this was just as good. At the end of the tour they have a tequila tasting which was cool but a rip off if you wanted to buy tequila. I sell liquor and they were telling the public Patron was made in Texas which is as ridiculous as the prices The Gringos were paying for lower quality tequila.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Even as seniors, we felt safe and easily hiked to the zip line departure stations. Great guides gave ecological education along with the rides. Our favorite adventure for the entire vacation.