“Great experience”

Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carretera a Mismaloya
Description: Creative Mexican cuisine, featuring dishes from many regions of Mexico. Our secluded tropical setting is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion. Most dishes are available in "Taste" portions at accessible prices. Taste is located at Casa Cupula, Puerto Vallarta's finest luxury boutique hotel for the gay and lesbian community, and is open to everyone!
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent food. Tried the three course tasting menu and it was great and didn't break the bank.Charming setting in garden.

optionsf, Owner at Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for dining with us and we are glad that you appreciated our jungle setting with lots of trees and plants around instead of just concrete! And we do agree, that you won't break the bank at Taste!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

A stunning setting and interesting architecture. If only the food measured up to the pretentiousness and expense.

1  Thank where_to_next56

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

It's always helpful if people let us know WHY the food didn't measure up, preferably while you're still eating it so we can help you to try something else!

We do take exception to the pretentious comment: it doesn't seem like a just criticism. That's really not the way most people describe our staff and is certainly not what anyone should expect.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went with a group of four and two of us had the TASTE menu, where you get to try 3 appetizer sized portions for $269-$299 pesos. Between us we sampled 5 different dishes and each and every one of them was perfectly cooked and presented. What a great way to try out the menu. The portion sizes were adequate and when all 3 were combined it made for a very satisfying dinner. The service was good although they did get very busy and seemed to have a hard time keeping up, but this is hard to gauge sometimes for the restaurant owner. They were out of some wines, which seemed odd but all-in-all a very nice experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Another visit to Puerto Vallarta and another great find. A Canadian friend, who says this is her favorite place to dine, set up a reservation and we dined here last night. First of all, I recommend going by Taxi because the road going to this boutique hotel and restaurant is steep and narrow. You deserve to dress up to dine here since it is upscale but you will work up a sweat if you walk up to the hotel entrance from highway entrance. The guests of the hotel can enter from a lower level but we couldn't.
The decor is really upscale and trendy and it is a magical place at night when the lighting accent the decor and blank out the surrounding buildings. I would like to tour this hotel one day. Okay let's share my experience at the restaurant. If you go on a Tuesday or Wednesday there is a promo of $269p or $299p depending on your choices which allows you to pick 3 "tastings" (which as a hearty eater I found ample) and a "national" beverage (which is a house pour) or a dessert. I did both the dessert and national beverage for an additional 30p. My three tastings were the Shrimp Risoto, the Ravioli and the Mahi Mahi from the different cuisines ( Asian, South American, Mexican, House and others) they feature. Every one of my selections were perfect ! One of my wife's choice was the Chicken and it was great. Oh, maybe it is not a standard procedure but I got my servings in the order that I ordered them so make sure you note for my first choice i want , etc.
Fyi, The menu features two sizes: Taste and Main if I am correct. The service was excellent . If you sit up in the main level you can look down at the pool or watch the kitchen prepare your order with fresh local ingredients. For dessert I had the Chocolate Volcano with Ice Cream.
Please allow time for preparations and you will be rewarded with great meals. This place left a Good Taste in my mouth so check it out ! Please note that I visited at night when there were no guests in the pool area which is just below the dining level. I normally don't give hotel restaurants excellent in Atmosphere and Romance but the owners really did a great job on decor.

1  Thank edmn911
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Loved all of the dishes especially the squid ink black ravioli and the Mahi Mahi this restaurant is a keeper. Will be going there over the next few years. Everyone who goes to Vallarta should experience this.