“WHAT A GREAT PLACE-And a wonderful Birthday for me”

Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,097 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carretera a Mismaloya
Description: Creative Mexican cuisine, featuring dishes from many regions of Mexico. Our secluded tropical setting is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion. Most dishes are available in "Taste" portions at accessible prices. Taste is located at Casa Cupula, Puerto Vallarta's finest luxury boutique hotel for the gay and lesbian community, and is open to everyone!
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently celebrated my birthday at this lovely restaurant I couldn't have imagined a more perfect experience. The location is incredible, the space so well designed and comfortable, lovely table on the balcony overlooking everything. The service was wonderful, very friendly, responsive, our waiter Armando was incredible and all the staff was so attentive and generous. now for the food! WOW! I travel all over the world and this by far one of the best meals I have eaten in years. the portions was generous, priced incredible, and so many interesting dishes. The tortilla soup is truly one oft he best I have ever eaten. The tuna lovely, the shortribs amazing, the pork pabil? was so nice. The turkish chicken was incredible.

Truly a wonderful experience, at the end of the night all the staff and kitchen crew sang happy birthday to me and made me a little cake. truly wonderful night that I wont forget!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I travel with our kids and mother, so to get a night alone for dinner is much anticipated. We do a lot of homework to choose our restaurant for these occassions. Taste was a miss. While the serving staff was friendly, they were of no help with the menu or the food. At a supposed "high end" dinning experience you would expect some description of the menu. When asked about items it was just stated "it is all good". We chose the 3 course tasting menu. We received no description of what the course was when it was placed in front of us, when we asked which course it was, the waitrer just walked away. This could be over looked if the food rose to the occassion. However, the fish was at best average, the duck was good and the chicken was tough and dry. The chicken from the corner chicken BBQ stands our kids had for dinner that night was more tender, moist and flavourful. The final kick was the over priced drinks. 110 pesos for an average margarita is greedy. Way too many great restaurants in PV to take the risk here.

5  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We very happy with taste cuisine and service. We went three times in one week.
It is located in a charming boutique hotel in the mountains close to the zona romantica.
We were very well received and serviced by the owner Don and all the staff Victor, Gleen, Armando and others.

The food was quite good you can see that the chef is inventive. The terrasse is very pleasant.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Taste is a lovely restaurant, with sophisticated, delicious and beautifully presented food. "Foodies" will not be disappointed. We had a scrumptious lobster tostada, and slow-cooked beef that melted in the mouth. There's lots of variety, and I loved that you could choose an appetizer size, or an entrée size, for every item on the menu. It allowed us to get 3 smaller plates (still very generously sized) rather than an appetizer and entrée, which meant we could experience more "Tastes".

Conveniently, it's on a beautiful hillside just a 5 minute taxi ride from the beach in central PV.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have only eaten brunch here, and it's a winner. It's not as elegant as Hacienda San Angel, but not many places can make that claim. The food is very good, both the previously prepared offerings, as well as the dishes made to your personal order. Tends tomattract an eclectic crowd, which is fun. Good mimosas too!