“Nice dinner experience”

Bistro Teresa
Ranked #47 of 1,125 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cocina Creativa , Vista Increible A La Bahia, Atardeceres Maravillosos, Ambiente Intimo Y Amigablepor Favor Reservar
Reviewed August 16, 2014

The food, service, and wine were great. We dined outdoors with a nice view of the water. The downside was that as the sun set, I got chomped on by some insects, I believe they were "no-see-ums".

1  Thank KR94087
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

When Laura and Marisol first opened Bistro Teresa (named in memory of Laura's mother), I was so glad to have something close to our house, without having to fight the crowds in the heart of town. I liked their creative menu and very gracious service. They've been open 2-3 years now and Marisol, chef, has really grown into her own. She has created a modern Mexican cuisine that will surprise. I think most foreigners think of Mexican food as rice, beans, tacos, burritos. Some folks are familiar with specialty dishes carnitas, chicken mole, chile poblano, etc. But I challenge you to find another restaurant in Puerto Vallarta that takes foods that Americans/Canadians will immediately recognize from their home country restaurants, and adds Mexican fruits and spices in such delicious combinations. They also have a pretty good wine list. Laura, who serves as hostess, supervises a well trained staff of servers who make the dining experience feel much more elegant than the prices would indicate. Expect your visit to be a good hour and a half as they do not keep pumping out the food, but allow you savor each course with a civilized resting period in between. If you go based on my recommendation, please tell them Miguel & Joel say hi!

2  Thank MichaelinPV
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We love that it's south side, small and intimate as we are at a loss for tasty, easy fun places to dine on our side of town. Bistro Teresa fills the bill and more with it's chalkboard of daily specials crafted of the freshest, most interesting products that Teresa finds at the local markets. The 2 women who run this 9 table hideaway know their clients want really good food, well presented and above all unique...not too expensive but a 'night out' feeling. It never feels touristy or tacky...you won't find a burrito here or chips & salsa. Bon Appetite! Only open for dinner. closed Sundays & Mondays. too bad.

1  Thank pvfields
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a small, lovely restaurant with great service and a welcoming proprietor. You could tell that the chef was experienced and skilled - the food was all delicious and there wasn't a wrong note anywhere. I especially recommend the seafood - I had the tuna and it was perfect. My husband loved the steak - and he's a mid-westerner, and very picky about beef! It's a great place to see the sunset while you eat - the restaurant is open-air and overlooks beautiful Banderas Bay, while being only a few minutes from the shops of Puerto Vallarta.

We felt so welcome! We will definitely go again on our next trip.

1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This small hillside restaurant on the far south side of PV offers a relatively simple menu, posted on a large chalkboard in the dining area. There was a sampling of pasta dishes, seafood, chicken and beef, plus vegetarian offerings, so everyone can find something in their comfort zone.
Prices are typical of the better dining establishments in the area, which is to say that they are downright bargains by US standards.
We very much enjoyed our meals. My grilled salmon stuffed with goat cheese and smoked salmon was phenomenal...one of the very best salmon dinners I have ever had anywhere.
The sunset views here are not to be missed.

1  Thank barbqbill