“Great place!”

Bistro Teresa
Ranked #20 of 1,022 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: COCINA CREATIVA , VISTA INCREIBLE A LA BAHIA, ATARDECERES MARAVILLOSOS, AMBIENTE INTIMO Y AMIGABLEPOR FAVOR RESERVAR
Yakima, Washington
“Great place!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We dined here in late May...it's an elegant, but casual restaurant that served divine sea bass, among other terrific offerings. Theresa was superb as was the rest of the service...prices were very reasonable too.

Take a cab...worth the few bucks because it is a little difficult to find.

Visited May 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family and I dined at Teresa's 3 out of the 5 nights we stayed in Puerto Vallarta. It was by far the best place we ate at in P.V. They have amazing meals for a reasonable price. I would recommend Teresa's to anyone visiting P.V.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris C
Miami Beach, FL
“Simply spectacular!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I will keep this simple...go for the view but come back again and again for the food. Simply spectacular. And the best Cosmo in town!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MiamiBeachTraveler63
Denver, Colorado
“Not feeling the love”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Not as impressed as everyone else with this place. Maybe our expectations were too high. Given all the hype we anticipated something truly special and it just wasn't. Service was truly atrocious - very slow even by sleepy P.V. standards. Place was slammed and the kitchen was obviously in the weeds. Place is small and our table was literally in between the waiters' station and the "bar" so we got to see way more of the wait staff standing around yawning than we wanted. Food when we got it was average and quite over-priced. Might have a nice view but certainly not at night and the awkward location right on a main highway requires a cab. Meh.

• Visited February 2014
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“YOU MAY HAVE SEEN THE REST, NOW TRY THE BEST!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are full-time residents are permanent residents of Puerto Vallarta and we first found Bistro Teresa years ago in Fodors before we moved to PV. Since we are originally from New York City, we were accustomed to great dining experiences. Bistro Teresa is the equal of virtually any fine-dining restaurant in New York. From the minute you walk in the door and are warmly greeted by Laura, one of the co-owners and the chef, you know you are in for a special treat. The space is lovely and inviting with many beautiful murals on the walls. You have a terrific view of most of the Bay of Banderas but then you see the menu, which somewhat varies from time to time, you will have a difficult time deciding upon what to order. Often, Laura personally takes your order explains the various dishes and then you have an even more difficult time deciding upon what you wish to have as your meal because each dish sounds equally delectable. Last night, I started with the lobster bisque soup and my husband had the fig and pear salad - we disagreed over which starter was better than the other . Then, as for the entrees, Laura took my order and I told her that I wanted the chile poblano stuffed with fresh shrimp and crab, and Laura said that it was covered with a cream sauce and usually included goat cheese. I told Laura that I didn't care for goat cheese as Laura replied that is why she always told a diner about the cheese as she prepares each dish "at the moment". My husband ordered the chicken stuffed with vegetables covered with a light mustard sauce. My soup was delicious (frequently on the menu and seldom found in PV) and my husband's salad was obviously very fresh and he said it was a great starter. By the way, I had two perfect Martinis during the meal and my husband enjoyed his wine very much. Then the entrees arrived with excellent timing. My chile poblano was exquisite and a decent portion. My husband's chicken was moist and very flavorful. The service, as usual, was very attentive. Each time, after we had enjoyed a dish, either the server or Laura would inquire as to whether (in a few words) the dish had lived up to our expectations . Not only did each dish meet our expectations but actually exceeded them. You can tell by Laura's genuine warm smile that she simply wanted to ensure that we enjoyed our meal and that she took great pride , as she should, in her skillful cooking. We have never had even a so-so meal at Bistro Teresa, since we always left the restaurant looking forward to the next time we would return. Lastly, the prices are VERY reasonable especially given the high quality of the food and service. Now, don't waste your time, hurry up and go to Bistro Teresa (named after Laura's late mother)!!

Visited May 2014