“Best dinner so far on our”

Poblanos Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #16 of 1,312 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Best dinner so far on our vacation. Ordered appetizer guacamole which was a bigger portion than we could eat with the complimentary chips and salsa in order to save room for our entrees. The chicken enchiladas and chile rellenos were good with more than enough to take home leftovers. The staff were friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: January 2020
michaelboufford, Owner at Poblanos Cocina Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

B1195NPjillf

Thank you for your time in reviewing us on trip. I am very happy to read that you all enjoyed your evening with us and lunch the next day with the left overs. Looking forward to having you back soon with us here or at our other restaurants Bravos or Siam.

Michael Boufford

Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

The food arrived less than 10 minutes after ordering and it was immediately obvious that it had been pre-prepared and heated in a microwave. The chicken was so tough it could barely be cut. The vegetables were raw and the carrots so hard that one in our group thought he'd broken a tooth! The dining room is very well-appointed and the staff were excellent. Unfortunately, they had only two tables of 4 to attend to. We won't be returning here!

1  Thank yogadave1
michaelboufford, Owner at Poblanos Cocina Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Yogadave1

Thank you for taking your time to review us here in TripAdvisor. I have to agree with you, after reading your review I am also filled with disappointment.

Please let me be the first to let you know that we here at Poblanos we do prepare some items a head of time for service and that would be items such as rice, beans, chips, salsas, soups, dressings, etc. It would make no sense to precook proteins ahead of time for that exact reason unless you ordered a chipotle chicken foot long at subways. We are all about fresh products here at Poblanos just as we are at our other 2 restaurants Bravos and Siam cocina Thai. Just the same as if you were dining in our other restaurants we would want and expect any of our guests to open a dialogue with us then and there so we would have the chance to make it right or prepare a new dish or choose from another.

I have no idea nor do the readers know as to what you are for dinner as chicken is a very popular dish in many Mexican dishes. I do understand that your friend had a carrot and it very well could have needed a bit more time in the pan but now after the fact cant really do anything. Since this is your first review and I am certain that you have eaten out before let me remind you that saying something to the service team about a dish that is not up to your liking or is prepared wrong would benefit the restaurant in a few ways like reviewing the plate, the cooking procedure, the flavor so that the restaurant can make any changes necessary to improve overall. It would also benefit the next guest that decides to order that same dish so they would not have the same experience you did. At the end of the day it is your dollar until we earn it. If you ever choose to return again that is your choice and yours alone. If we had 1 table with 2 guests eating or the restaurant was full makes no difference on how something should arrive on the table. Although Poblanos is a fairly new restaurant there are going to be a few growing pains and we will make mistakes along the way, you wont be the last but we always try to make it right when given the opportunity right then and there.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We found out about Poblanos at a previous dinner at Bravos (same owners)
I had the plato poblans for lunch, it was an amazing choice. Traditional Mexican taken to a new taste experience! Had to go back befor we left, this time I had Chiles Rellenos, another hit. We will definitely return.

tery61853

Thank you! It was a pleasure to have you with us and we all look forward to having you back with us again on your return visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We read about Poblanos on Trip Advisors and we have been to Bravo's which we love so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed, in fact we ate dinner twice in just over two weeks. Rueben along with the rest of the wait staff are friendly, accommodating and very helpful. Everyone made you feel right at home. The margaritas, chips and salsas and food are all fresh and delicious. At Rueben's recommendation I had the chicken enchiladas with red and green sauce. They were SO good that I had to order them again on our next visit. My wife and a couple of fish dishes that she loved! This is a great restaurant with excellent service and we highly recommend it. We will be back!

SantosdeTejas

Thank you for your kind words and taking time to review us here on trip. We are very proud of the teams we have with us at all 3 restaurants. They in my opinion they are the best that any owner could wish for and all share the same passion.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Great service and even better food. I was surprised they had chiles en nogada in the off season, and they were absolutely delicious. I'd definitely go back on my next visit!

Date of visit: January 2020
michaelboufford, Owner at Poblanos Cocina Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

jcld613

Thank you for visiting us here at Poblanos and taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. It does take a lot of work but we plan to always have them on the menu year round. Looking forward to having you back soon.