“Shrimp Heaven”
Review of Ah Caramba

Ah Caramba
Ranked #169 of 1,014 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: International cuisine with seafood specialties, a perfect spot to celebrate with friends, family or a romantic dinner, we have the best bay view in Puerto Vallarta, this is the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset!
Waterford, Michigan
“Shrimp Heaven”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have been to Ah Carumba on our last two visits..it was recommended by the owner of the condo we rented and it was a great trip. It was a wild cab ride up the hills and you might wonder where the cab is taking you. I had read that some cabbies might not know where it is but both drivers we had did. Once you arrive you still can't tell it is a restaurant until you walk through the building and then you find yourself on a huge terrace with an incredible view of the city. The menu is heavy on seafood with lobster,shrimp, etc. Shrimp will be prepared in a variety of ways. I love the shrimp scampi. Someone in my family had shrimp fajitas. The shrimp are great and the portions large. Guac made at your table. Very good tortilla soup. Well worth the visit.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank David F

Saint John
“simply stunning”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We asked our taxi driver to take us somewhere off the beaten track and we were stunned when we came through what appeared to be a hole in the wall restaurant into one of the loveliest places I had even eaten at. Cannot remember what the chairs or tables were like as the Margaritas were so good and the sunset view so stunning. Lovely service and strolling mariachis completed the happy level for us. I had a simple whole fish with no sauce or butter as I requested for my stomach had been toying with me for a few days and it was the best meal I had eaten since my arrival weeks earlier. Will eat there often during my winter stay here, well worth finding this little jewel. Tables were full of happy families on the night we were there but we felt it to be very romantic anyway.

• Visited November 2012
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“excellent food and Super excellent view”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

found this little restaurant when my regular was closed. what looks like a whole in the wall ends up being a great restaurant with a superb view. Coconut shrimp were to die for.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank teresa d
Snohomish, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food with a Great View”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our taxi driver. As we were being seated I overheard a couple telling the waiter that it was quite possibly the best meal they ever had. I also ended up making that exact same comment! I loved the food, the atmosphere and the service. I believe what I ordered was called Happy Seafood, the portions are huge, at least enough for 2 people. I will definitely go back next time I'm in Puerto Vallarta, I loved this place!

• Visited November 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice view, but food disappointing”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you are a foodie, skip it. But if you want an interesting evening experience with average food and a great view - go there for the sunset. The restaurants sits on a hill and walking down the cobblestone street after the meal is an interesting little cultural jaunt too.

Visited September 2012