“What a find! Savory tacos, well presented, for only a few pesos”
Review of Mariscos Cisneros

Mariscos Cisneros
Ranked #108 of 1,016 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Puerto Vallarta
“What a find! Savory tacos, well presented, for only a few pesos”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A confession: I have been coming to PV since the time of the dinosaurs; I cannot believe that never did I stumble upon this little treasure...until just a few days ago.
Located just a few blocks behind the Guadalajara Pharmacy and kiddie corner from the local church, your first sighting of Cisneros appears as a white open air food stand parked on the street on Aguacate.
Sitting at a counter on a stool eating is not my idea of a relaxing meal.My first impression was that this was definitely to be a passer by!
Had it not been for the wisdom and zestful push from my accompanying foodie friend, never would I have been the recipient of these out of the world delicious tasting tacos!
To my surprise, Cisneros extends beyond the street stand.
Yes, right in front is a little ma and pa type hole in the wall diner with a cozy open air patio in the back.Would have preferred inside seating but because Chihuahua Paulina was with us, we were ushered to the back patio which was very satisfactory, nonetheless.
We placed an order,each a taco and one to share as we had no idea of the size and whether we would like them.
Our eyes about popped when they shortly arrived. Gorgeous robust shrimp, shredded lettuce, onion and tomato on a nice soft tortilla served open face. A platter of various sauces was delivered next. We did a little tasting and selected an avocado sauce with a nice bite to it and a red chili sauce to top off the taco.
So good!! And fresh!! Well stacked with ingredients.. For 30 pesos, an unbelievable bargain!
Ordinarily that might have hit the spot...but because it was so darn scrumptious, we yearned for more...So we each ordered a marlin taco. Oh my gosh...I never could have fantasized anything better...Marlin was smoked; it had a BBQ flavor. Likewise, lettuce, tomato, onion topping. And a nice size where it was more than chewing tortilla.[I even shared a taste with Paulina..and about lost a finger in doing so..My perro knows quality!]
At this point, I was full and happy. My friend's curiosity, however, nudged at her palate. She ordered a beef taco. You know the rest of the story. She loved it, as well.
This place is none less than a perfect find!!!!! Not only super tacos, but a well cared for little restaurant.. with abundant soap in the bathrooms..[ That's as important as the food quality!]

I definitely will be returning and most likely within the week. I am also thinking of ordering carry out with the idea of sharing with my neighbors..Cisneros is just too good to keep secret!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Luisa-Paulina

San Jose, California
“One of my favorite seafood places in Vallarta”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

First of all, I love the neighborhood. Cisneros sits on Aguacata, right off of Lazaro Cardenas and is family owned and operated. It's very ethnic and really makes you feel like you're in Mexico. The seafood at Cisneros is consistently fresh and well prepared and the service is great. I lived on the shrimp quesadillas on my last trip. They were super tasty prepared with fresh spicy shrimp, panella cheese and home made tortillas. My wife and I would order one each for lunch, plus a beer each and come out at around 100 pesos. Their ceviche is fanatic and I've had their scallop tostada. The latter wasn't my thing. I didn't realize it was raw. However, the scallops were super fresh and I ended up eating the whole thing. If you go there at night make sure to walk down Aguacata across Lazaro Cardenas to the churro stand in front of the church. There is a guy that makes fresh churros at night. It's a great way to end a wonderful dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Just what we were looking for.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Authentic, made from scratch great tasting Mexican food, Great friendly service. Sooo reasonable priced! Clean, clean, clean.

Visited February 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great seafood at bargain prices”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a family restaurant somewhat off the beaten track but right next to the bus that takes you to the PV Botanical Garden. Frequented by locals as well as tourists it is specialized in fresh seafood and does not disappoint. The prices are extremely reasonable and the service fast and friendly. We particularly liked the shrimp quesadillos but everything we had was delicious.

• Visited February 2013
puerto vallarta
“I Dream About Their Shrimp Burrito”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

small family joint, been there a long time, not fancy but the best fish and seafood. oh - the price....$100 pesos for burrito (enough for two), 130 pesos for whole fish/fixings...FANTASTIC.

Visited January 2013