Sunset Plaza was very nice! The atmosphere was calm and relaxing. The rooms were very clean and high quality. There was some noise during the afternoon at the hotel next door, but we liked the music since Sunset Plaza didn't have much music during the day; at night the noise calmed down and it was easy to sleep. The hotel is not a partying, club-type hotel. It is peaceful with fewer guests, very relaxing.
One suggestion is that the resort could have some more entertainment options like dance lessons, scheduled time for dancing, and post the schedules somewhere noticeable. We found out there was kayaking everyday at noon, but only by accident. A schedule of daily events would be helpful.
Javier, the resort manager, was extremely nice and helpful. I was sick a little during the time we were there, and he was sincerely concerned for me. Of the three restaurants, my wife and I ate mostly at Mirador. We liked most of the food. We were there for 9 days, and the vegetables at dinner got boring because they never changed, but the main dishes did change every day. The fish was the only disappointment at Mirador. It was dry and not very tasty.
We ate lunch every day at the swim-up bar. The food was typical snack-like lunch food, nachos, hamburgers, fish and chips, etc. It was perfect for us.
The nice restaurant, Luciano, was more classy. We ate there once, and it was worth it.
One disappointment was the beach. The sand was fine, but the beach in front of the hotel is very short and the water gets deep very fast, not relaxingly easy to swim in, so we just stayed by the pool most days where you can still see the ocean.
The only regret that I have is that since we did the all-inclusive plan, we felt like we couldn't eat anywhere but the hotel. If we did it again, my wife and I agree that we would stay a shorter period so we could budget in eating out more and doing a few more activities. We did, however, kayak with the hotel and we went parasailing and rode a jet ski on our own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta