Check-in: Very friendly service. When we first arrived our room was not ready, but we received a small tour, cold towels, and champagne while the room was being prepared.
Room: We booked the one bedroom ocean front suite - all inclusive. It was a large size room with separate bedroom / living room areas. The room has a large balcony overlooking the ocean with both a table setting and two loungers. It had a full size kitchen with plenty of space, along with two full size bathrooms and Jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean and even offer a scented turn-down service (we would recommend the white tea option)!
Food (Mirador): The food at the Mirador Bistro Grill was excellent! We ate almost every meal here. If you don't like the menu options, you can special order or just ask for something random and they were more than willing to accommodate your requests. The Mirador also provides pool side services and menu are slightly different. They had a full service bar and most drinks were colorful and tasty. Pool side service was sometimes slow (especially around the beach area out front). Service in the Mirador was good most of the time but breakfast and dinner rushes we did sit for extended periods of time before being served. Almost daily the menus offered a variation of the food offering on site. There was never a bad meal!
Food (Lucciano): This is a reservation-only restaurant on site. Guy's, make sure to pack and wear long pants. The food was excellent and offered a more upscale restaurant look and feel. The service was excellent and prompt.
Activities: Two pools, adult-only (which is were we spent most of pool time) and a family pool + swim up bar. The pools were very clean and welcoming. There were many loungers and umbrellas to accommodate all the pool side seating. The adult pool also had a cabana beds, which were first come first serve. We did most of our swimming at the beach. The beach area is smaller than other resorts with roughly 12 chairs + umbrellas. The beach was very clean and vendors sold trinkets along the ocean. The resort brought in separate vendors (on site). We were able to paint a photo frame and taste and buy some flavored tequila. We didn't participate in the cooking or drinking mixing classes offered - these looked like they were going on during the day while we were out and about.
Spa (Zen Set): Upon arrival, we signed up using a promotion for a couples massage. The promotion included a 2-hour Zenset Signature Massage + Refresher Facial. Prices were comparable to a salon / local day spa. We loved every minute of this spa treatment - it was outstanding and the best massage we've had to date!
Location: The resort is between the marina and downtown areas. Each being roughly 8 minutes away. There were a few shops right down the street in case you forgot sunscreen or toiletries.
Special Thanks: Ivan - One of our butlers, for exceptional service! He showed us around the room, resort, and offered many unique experiences for us to try. He was always willing to answer all our questions, even if they weren't related to the resort. The private dinner arrangement was amazing. Marisol + Rosario - Massage specialists at Zen Set Spa, gave the best massages we've ever had. They were very professional and provided a relaxing environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta