“We are looking forward to be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa

Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Longmont, Colorado
“We are looking forward to be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with my family. We were very impressed with quality of service, food and overall experience. Staff went beyond their duties to accommodate us and and make our stay perfect experience.

Navstivili jsme tento hotel s rodinou. Byli jsme velmi nadseni s kvalitou obsluhy, perfektnim jidlem a celkovym dojmem. Zamestnanci hotelu byli super a snazili se nam vyjit maximalne vstric. Perfektni dovolena!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ropavlik
Shell W, Shell Social Media Team at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for providing such great feedback. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home during their visit. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our staff service. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
Alameda, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Sunset Plaza. We felt cared for by the staff. They were professional, attentive and kind. The main pool is spectacular. We laid by the pool and ordered pina coladas. The relaxation we experienced is priceless and was much, much needed. It's truly a 5-star resort. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: They are probably all good rooms since they face the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shelley652013
Quality_1Manager, Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Please allow me to start by thanking you for taking the time to share with us your impressions regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we will be looking forward to seeing you here every year.
Thank you so much to share your lovely experience; Sunset Plaza is very proud to know we exceeded your expectations making your vacation memorable and special.
Puerto Vallarta has many options to offer when it comes to food, fun and nature areas, so we will be very happy if you give us the opportunity to host you in your home away from home.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to PV and in past visits we stayed a little south of PV in Mismaloya and Conchas Chinas. Did my research and due to TA reviews decided on Sunset Plaza. I waited until I saw a good deal and booked for the first week in October. This place is truly amazing and as people have mentioned in their reviews, employees and service is exceptional. This is not your average resort as it is smaller, personal and the service is top notch.

We had a suite and our room, 616 was beyond our expectations. The view with the huge balcony was simply amazing. Our butler Roberto took us to our room after check-in and explained everything. He was so nice and went out of his way to ensure we had everything we needed and were pleased with all. We were quite impressed with all the personal details.

The food and service at the restaurants were exceptional. Have never been to any resort where you were served so well and employees so warm and personable. A great team at the restaurants who all work together to make sure you are happy with all. Can't say enough about the service we had and the food quality. Absolutely the best! Jose, Enzo, Pablo, Jorge.... thank you so much for treating us as family. We never missed a meal! Alejandro.... simply amazing watching you and that energy around the pool!

We had a late flight and Javier the GM let us keep our room until 2:00 which was quite gracious. That's another thing that was different about Sunset. Management is not behind closed doors but out there in the open lobby, greeting and talking with guests.

Most of our time was spent by the pools and there was no problem getting a spot. October being a slower time of year, I'm sure. The pool service.... Alejandro! We never went thirsty. Beach is small but we just enjoyed the pools, looking at the ocean.

This is a very laid back place, very quiet and relaxing. It was perfect for us and just a short taxi ride to the Malecon etc.

I really have nothing negative that I can report, complaints or anything I would want to see changed at Sunset Plaza. From check-in to check-out it was fantastic. The rooms with the spectacular views, the beautiful grounds and the food can't be beat. Most reviews for Sunset always mention the employees and now I understand why. Thanks to all for a great vacation!

Looking forward to our return visit with friends!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank WillowsWay
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and posting your nice review. We are so glad that you enjoyed all the benefits that Sunset Plaza Hotel guests have.
I will extend your congratulations to Roberto, Alejandro and our Resort Manager Mr. Javier Vergara, I am sure they will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done.
We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the food and our all-inclusive; our executive chef and their great team are always happy to please any request.
Sunset Plaza Hotel appreciates the time you have taken to give us your opinion and observations, please be sure that your comments have been very helpful and we are committed to improve our opportunity areas.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Theres no words to describe my vacation stay at sunset plaza. Simply outstanding and very pleased to have chosen this resort for my 5 day stay in PV with my fiance. All-inclusive is what i went with and let me just say i recommend it to everyone visiting this resort. The hotel is very clean and the staff amazing. Special thanks to Alejandro and Pablo our waiters pool-side for always being available and having drinks and food brought to us and making us feel very comfortable, great great job guys. Our butler David? Man, this guy did a hell of a job making sure we were always taken care of and available when ever we had a doubt or concern. I appreciate all the hard work and questions him and ivan answered for us. Its because of the great staff i will be back to PV and staying at the sunset plaza once again. The one bedroom suite was out of this world. I felt like a king and was very impressed with how spacious it was and the fantastic view it offered. All in all there isnt many things i wasnt happy with and if anything theyre minimal and not even worth mentioning. TWO THUMBS UP NO DOUBT! Thanks sunset plaza.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shuggg31
Quality_1Manager, Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are glad to hear about the pleasant stay you had. It is very important for us to know that our guests enjoyed the time they spent with us.
Our butler’s team is an important piece of our services, they are available to cover all of our guest needs and make you feel as at home. I will extend your congratulations and recommendation to David, I am sure he will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done.
The pictures you took are really good it is a gift for us, there is great!! Thank you.
lgomez @hotelesgdlplaza.com.mx
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was here in year of 2011 which is now 2 years ago. But since my memory here was wonderful, might well as post it.
I'm a Shell Vacation Owner and Shell properties have never let me down.
I booked for 7 night vacation on late October of 2012.
I've been to PV about 6 times already and let me tell you that I've been to many different hotels. I've been to Mayan Franchises as well as the resort right next to Sunset which used to be part of Shell.
I took a trip with my good friend who is a girl. I wanted to show the awesomeness of Mexico to her while she was visiting me in Cali. So I took her to PV.
Resort was amazing as well as staffs.
First night, this girl became my girl friend and she is now my wife.
Anyways, I opted out from All Inclusive deal since I'm very familiar with the area and I know very good restaurants in the area.
I once had an issue with A/C not working in the living room, but it was addressed right away.
Staffs, staffs, and staffs. I just can't say more.
Staffs are so friendly and they know exactly what they are doing.

Goods
- Location
- Staff
- Resort
- Room
- Club Sandwich (Holy @#$@, their club sandwich is good)

Bads
- I wouldn't say it's bad, evening restaurants can use some improvement. Food is okay, but not PV quality good.
Also, I have left this feedback. Provide better AI prices for owners. It's quite ridiculous that owners do not have special discounts as an owner. $60/day after the presentation discount was quite bad.

Room Tip: All rooms at Sunsets are Oceanviews. They are all good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Burgerkim
Dear Guest,
Please let me express our gratitude for sharing such nice comments regarding your latest stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you really enjoy your vacation and we hope to have you back soon.
Sincerely
Leaslie Gómez lgomez @hotelesgdlplaza.com.mx
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We took a family vacay and we all fell in love with the place. We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 5 & 11) and this was truly one of the best vacation we took. We have traveled around the world and the service and decor at sunset plaza is top notch . Thanks for a great time !!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Yayeboye
Quality_1Manager, Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
For us it is really motivating to know that our service makes the difference in our guests’ vacation and that we are able to help you relax and simply enjoy your free time with us.
We offer activities for kids and exclusive areas for adults too, so all the family have fun at Sunset Plaza Hotel.
We look forward to having the opportunity to have you staying with us, in the meantime, feel free to contact us at anytime.
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

great hotel, very friendly staff. food is wonderful. beautiful views. rooms are awesome, staff goes the extra mile to make you comfortable. best hotel so far in puerto vallarta. will come back again for sure an recommend to everyone

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1052013cruz
Dear Guest,
We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the food, facilities and the beautiful view that our rooms had.
Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, we look forward to having the opportunity to have you staying with us, in the meantime, feel free to contact us at anytime. If you have additional feedback that wish to share, I will be more than happy to assist you.
Sincerely