I stayed at the Sunset Plaza during the first week of October. It was a great stay! I highly recommend it.
The rooms were spacious. We stayed in a suite. The bathroom in the living area was a full bathroom with a very nice shower. The kitchen was fully equipped. To save money we cooked breakfast a couple of times. The hotel is actually very close to a supermarket and a Wal-Mart -- which is bus accessible. (The buses are $00.50 USD each ride and they are bumpy but worth it...much cheaper than taxis -- though you can get an instantaneous cheap taxi if you need it. The SP staff will help you.) The living area was very nice and well-decorated. There was also a large TV and you could control the cooling in that room with its own unit. The balcony was accessible through the living and bedroom areas. The bedroom had a giant comfy bed, but not many blankets -- though you could control your temp in that room as well. All of the rooms had a giant ceiling fan. The bathroom was beautiful and spacious. There was a huge closet with a safe inside the bathroom, and the bathroom had another stand up stone shower and a jacuzzi tub where two people could comfortably fit.
The staff was wonderful. Alejandro at the bar was great! His colleagues were also wonderfully attentive and had great recommendations when we couldn't think of what to drink or eat next. Guadalupe and Irma were our maids and they did an immaculate job. They came 2x a day.
The hotel has 3 (at least) wonderful pools and 3 hot tubs. The pools are wonderful and there is plenty of seating. The views from the front and back of the hotel were amazing, and every night you could see the sun set over the ocean.
One night they allowed the guests to help some baby sea turtles into the beach which was just amazing.
I highly recommend this hotel. It's well-worth the price and it's in a bus/taxi friendly location. They have great tour options ( the concierges Alicia and Xochitl were super helpful! ) and we had a wonderful overall time.
The restaurants were also delicious. I went to Midori and to Lucianos. The filet mignon and the chilaquiles were my favorite meals. This place has a lot to offer, and it's truly a great place to feel at home.
Small cons: The Wi-Fi connection was spotty, and the beach area in front of the hotel was quite short/small -- though PV has an open beach policy meaning you can go into any beach regardless of the hotel you're in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta